CJ,SCJ,CAMS etc.

pufferfish

Established Member
Ha...racing is anything but environmentally friendly!

Yeah, I have the advantage of being able to run regular gas on the street, so flushing the e85 out is easy. The problem for me is adding a tank big enough for a weekend worth of fuel to the donkey trailer...now that would be a sight!

darreng505

Established Member
Ha...racing is anything but environmentally friendly!

Yeah, I have the advantage of being able to run regular gas on the street, so flushing the e85 out is easy. The problem for me is adding a tank big enough for a weekend worth of fuel to the donkey trailer...now that would be a sight!

Dude. I love that wooden masterpiece! Post pics!

darreng505

Established Member
Theres a backlog at the cam builder. Waiting on left exhaust core still. They say any day. If the cams dont arrive before july 10. The build will get pushed to end of july.

pufferfish

Established Member
that sucks! have they given you cam specs yet or will that come with the cams? interested to see what they came up with.

Voltwings

Established Member
^^ This. I'm really back and forth between sucking it up for Comp cams, or going with the Ford Racing pairing for a few hundred less.

ford20

Established Member
Shit dude, that sucks to hear! Hopefully the results are well worth the wait though.

Last edited:

darreng505

Established Member
Your wait is tough for me too! Has it been decided whether to go full phaser, limiters or lockouts?

MMR have this new part that is a phaser delete combined with a lockout in a single part. They say it saves 5lbs! lol
They look nice. Anondized red etc. If you want pics of them badly enough I will upload them.

pufferfish

Established Member
yeah, we Pm'd about them. I checked them out on MMR's site. Look very cool. Just wasn't sure if you had decided to go that route for sure or not. guess that's affirmative?

pufferfish

Established Member
i see. on another thread rev said they put the limiters in on stage 3 exhaust cams only because of over-rev condition causing valve to piston contact. scary stuff! i would bet your cams will have more lift than the stage 3's,so its probably in the best interest of your motor.

guessing on cam specs, i would say they will have about the same duration as the stage 3 and same or more lift than the cj cams...hopefully more! i bet the boss heads get good flow gains past the 12/13mm lift of the stock cams. the boss runners look like they wouldn't suffer from high lift turbulance.

darreng505

Established Member
Not only that, but they will have a strong natural lope. not that faky ghostcam tune junk.

I call comp everyday to see if the cores arrived. I only need the one core (other 3 are there) but the backlog is now entering its 3rd week. Sucks.
If anyone knows where comp gets their cores from, I'd like to know. Give'm a call and what not.

darreng505

Established Member
Im learning about this whole supply chain. First i thought mmr ground their own cams to find out comp does them. Then i find out comp get the cores from another party. Somewhere in there is a steel mill...lol

ford20

Established Member
So I'm guessing that there is plenty of clearance with the lift on the Boss heads?

if you find out who Comp gets their cores from I will bug them to get these things shipped to Comp too lol.

Users who are viewing this thread