clutch protection strategy

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I apologize for blasting you. I understand your frustrations as it is the same as mine and most other software 'limited' tuners, which is why I request specific table access from SCT.
You think the Coyote is bad, just be glad you don't tune EcoBoost. (That's another intersting topic)

The 'behind the scenes' crap that goes on in this industry is discussing IMO.
I really should not have aired any dirty laundry on a public forum and I apologize for that as well.

Apology accepted. No harm no foul. :beer:

I just want clutch protection out of my life! Is that asking too much? Oh, and maybe a little love in the 02 transport delay tables... :lol1:

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I apologize for blasting you. I understand your frustrations as it is the same as mine and most other software 'limited' tuners, which is why I request specific table access from SCT.
You think the Coyote is bad, just be glad you don't tune EcoBoost. (That's another intersting topic)

The 'behind the scenes' crap that goes on in this industry is discussing IMO.
I really should not have aired any dirty laundry on a public forum and I apologize for that as well.

Ecoboost is next on the list.

KingKiller

Established Member
Hey guys, lots of info here on who can and cannot turn CP off, but how exactly does it work? What does the computer take into consideration when determining whether or not it should enact clutch protection? Full-throttle/clutch engaged was mentioned once. If that's the case, and there is a sensor on the pedal, would unplugging it avoid clutch protection?

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Clutch pedal position is one of the parameters that is measured and taken to account of when to active the logic. I'm not sure if unplugging it would bypass it. Try it and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread