Crown Vic Police Interceptor Specs?

vulk

Established Member
Many of the cop cars go as Taxi cabs after they are retired. I have seen them go for over 600K miles and still run on all 8 and strong, despite 2 transmissions swaps. If they can stand up to 12 hours of non stop- driving from cab drivers, im sure it will be okay for a DD, just make sure the driveline is OK.

Last edited:

Fran

Established Member
I have noticed alot of retired crown vic police cars on the road. They are very popular with the young urban crowd. Since when does the young urban crowd want to look like the police driving around?

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
If you go back and compare the data, the Michigan State Police show that the late model Crown Vics are within about .2 tenths of a second of a LT1 Caprice. Gearing, the PI cylinder heads and more aggressive timing have significantly closed the gap down and now a 4.6 Ford runs about what a 5.7 Chevy did ten years ago with probably a lot better mileage.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Some dealers deal in supervisor cars. I got mine from www.copcarsonline.com

They are a father/son dealer that sells mostly unmarked cars and supervisor cars. My car is a 1998 retired FHP captain's car. Never marked and only had 70,200 miles on it. Very clean and a great running car. I did take it to the dragstrip for shits and giggles and she ran a 16.2 at 85 in crap air. Peppy for a big 4 door but let me tell you, people get out of your way when you drive it. I love mine . . .

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
lou4612 said:
Crown Vics are slooow!
Get a 94-96 LT1 9C1!

A little faster but can't stop to save their life . . . My brother's 9C1 patrol car when running code could barely slow down to make turns and would overheat it's brakes unlike the CVPIs.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
Doc GTO said:
A little faster but can't stop to save their life . . . My brother's 9C1 patrol car when running code could barely slow down to make turns and would overheat it's brakes unlike the CVPIs.

And even if you are lucky enough to get slowed somewhat it still won't go around a corner.

Venomhiss

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
C.V.P.I.'s actually weigh more. A lot of agencies have U.C. cars that serves many purposes, from high end luxury cars to pursuit vehicles. On the Federal side we get to use seized vehicles for 364 days before they are disposed of. I have had some very high end vehicles in my driveway that I got to use for extended periods of time thanks to various felons.

Yea....i dont even want to tell you how ****ed up that sounds my freind.

Its not the fact your allowed to do it, its the fact youve done it and would willingly talk about it online. Dont you think that the car should be treated like every other pieace of evidence you got when you busted that guy and left alone? Dude seriously, im almost sick to my stomach reading that. So you actually "thanked" a felon as well? I dont mean to start shit but thats just flat out ****ed up to me. How do you sleep at night knowing the car that "Sitting in your driveway" was purchased using god only knows what means of life destroying substances or worse, some ****ed up crime instance where the guy might have killed people to get that money for the mob? Im sorry again to just barge in here but...god damn it doesnt ANYONE think that its a little ****ed up? Seized vehicles belong in a god damned compound till the day there disposed of. then again, when i got arested with 3 ounces it only came up on the police report that i had an ounce and a half, which still gave me the same charge as 3 ounces so yea....i guess i shouldnt be to surpirsed.

jshen

Established Member
I think you missed something here.

Seized cars are contraband- the property of the government...and eventually sold with proceeds going to the govt..or used by the govt. That SAVES taxpayer dollars.

Cars that are used are done so for a reason as they are undercover cars.

It only sounds messed up if it's your car being seized...Lienholders had first rights..then govt..But if one is stupid enough to transport narcotics in one's car or have sufficient quantities in one's house...than maybe one isn't smart or responsible enough to have either........Loosing your property...and liberty is part of drug biz...

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Venomhiss said:
Yea....i dont even want to tell you how ****ed up that sounds my freind.

Freind??

Venomhiss said:
Its not the fact your allowed to do it, its the fact youve done it and would willingly talk about it online. Dont you think that the car should be treated like every other pieace of evidence you got when you busted that guy and left alone?

The car is not evidence, it is either seized (as contraband) or they are forfeited as part of their sentencing. Vehicles that are evidence to a crime are held as such, maintaining the chain of custody for trial.:rolleyes:

Venomhiss said:
Dude seriously, im almost sick to my stomach reading that. So you actually "thanked" a felon as well? I dont mean to start shit but thats just flat out ****ed up to me. How do you sleep at night knowing the car that "Sitting in your driveway" was purchased using god only knows what means of life destroying substances or worse, some ****ed up crime instance where the guy might have killed people to get that money for the mob?

You really have no reading comprehension skills!! I sleep well knowing that a criminal is off the streets and their ill-gotten gains are used to benefit the citizens of the United States. It is providing an unknown U.C. car for L.E. to use without having to directly expend money for such. I dont use it for my personal gain, I have enough of my own high end vehicles for that.

Also, as noted previously, once utilized for 364, they are sold at auction. And yes people buy they for less than retail knowing that "only god knows what type of life destroying substances or worse were used to pay for them."

Venomhiss said:
Im sorry again to just barge in here but...god damn it doesnt ANYONE think that its a little ****ed up? Seized vehicles belong in a god damned compound till the day there disposed of. then again, when i got arested with 3 ounces it only came up on the police report that i had an ounce and a half, which still gave me the same charge as 3 ounces so yea....i guess i shouldnt be to surpirsed.

I have to say, you are not the sharpest tool in the shed. You are using your disdain for L.E. to color your position. Try doing some research and understanding the topic before you attempt to criticize.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
jshen said:
I think you missed something here.

Seized cars are contraband- the property of the government...and eventually sold with proceeds going to the govt..or used by the govt. That SAVES taxpayer dollars.

Cars that are used are done so for a reason as they are undercover cars.

It only sounds messed up if it's your car being seized...Lienholders had first rights..then govt..But if one is stupid enough to transport narcotics in one's car or have sufficient quantities in one's house...than maybe one isn't smart or responsible enough to have either........Loosing your property...and liberty is part of drug biz...

Jeff, dont try to confuse him with actual facts. That will not change his disdain for L.E.

jshen

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Freind??

I have to say, you are not the sharpest tool in the shed. You are using your disdain for L.E. to color your position. Try doing some research and understanding the topic before you attempt to criticize.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I get the feeling sometime ..in trying to explain to some...I am talking to a 'brick"

OmahaStang

Established Member
disagree

jshen said:
I cannot think of a worse purchase than a used police cars..and used confiscated cars...They are typically sold at auction. Anything that is worth a crap is kept until it's not worth a crap..Tis the way government works. One of our fellas drives an 87 Grand National...nice car but he rags the hell out of it. By the way, you might think about this...under cover cars are used around the least desirable people..and when they remember a car as being a UC car...it is sold..Does dude on street know it's no longer a Narc's car???

Remember Smokey and the Bandit 1? All the Chrysler cars with the hood scoops came from my PD- Dekalb County in Atlanta..We ragged them out long before they were trashed in the movie..

This isnt' always the case.. I've got a 91 ex patrol stang with 160k on the original engine. Only thing I've done is normal maintenance, fuel pump, radiator, clutch, water pump. I've considered a crown vic for they used to go very cheap at the state auction.

Venomhiss

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Freind??

The car is not evidence, it is either seized (as contraband) or they are forfeited as part of their sentencing. Vehicles that are evidence to a crime are held as such, maintaining the chain of custody for trial.:rolleyes:

You really have no reading comprehension skills!! I sleep well knowing that a criminal is off the streets and their ill-gotten gains are used to benefit the citizens of the United States. It is providing an unknown U.C. car for L.E. to use without having to directly expend money for such. I dont use it for my personal gain, I have enough of my own high end vehicles for that.

Also, as noted previously, once utilized for 364, they are sold at auction. And yes people buy they for less than retail knowing that "only god knows what type of life destroying substances or worse were used to pay for them."

You didnt go that far as to say that they were used for U.C. Vehicles ever, you made it sound like your a spoiled brat reaping the benfits of some vehicle gotten and toting your own horn. I have no problems or a "Disdain" with any LEO officer, but you truly do come across as that dick cop i run into EVERY NOW AND THEN. One second your bragging about how youve had high end cars in your driveway "thanks" to some felon....now you give me the full story after i expressed my feelings on it to make me look like a fool. Man your cop tricks a little cliche there officer. i aplogize for jumping the gun, but i think your at fault for loading it the wrong way with the way you worded it in the begining. No mention of the fact its being used for police work which in that case, makes it acceptable to me as it IS saving the police department...well actually the tax payers...money.

I have no disdain for any LEO, your jobs are serious and i truly believe your probally all under paid. Not many jobs carry the weight of not knowing if youll be coming home that evening to see your wife and kids like yours. EVERY time i post in here i make it VERY clear to you...yes you specifically.... that i have NO problems with cops at all. Some of them do some questionable things and dont do there job right JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE CAN.

You truly made it sound like you were just having fun with the car, as i said before, you made no mention of any sort of fact it was used for a police cruiser, you just said "Ive had some high end vehciles in my drive way thanks to felons".....let me ask you officer, how would that sound to john citizen if you didnt explain everything else?

Oh and by the way i am NOT the sharpest tool in the shed, never said i was but....how i was a i supposed to research it? Just go to google and type in "Why does FORDSVT FAN get to have illegally confiscated cars in his driveway?"

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Venomhiss said:
You didnt go that far as to say that they were used for U.C. Vehicles ever, you made it sound like your a spoiled brat reaping the benfits of some vehicle gotten and toting your own horn. I have no problems or a "Disdain" with any LEO officer, but you truly do come across as that dick cop i run into EVERY NOW AND THEN.

Again your own lack of reading comprehension owns you, my post indicates in the first statement they are U.C. vehicles. Furthermore, I am a Fed, I dont wear a uniform except when tactical, therefore all my use is U.C. I didnt make it sound like anything other than what it was, a good use of siezed/forfeited vehicles, you interpreted the way you decided to based on your own issues with L.E.

Venomhiss said:
One second your bragging about how youve had high end cars in your driveway "thanks" to some felon....now you give me the full story after i expressed my feelings on it to make me look like a fool.

Not bragging, I was answering a question but thanks again for following along:rolleyes: And yes, my use of these vehicles for my job was "thanks" to a felon. I understand because of your checkered past, you relate to "Felons" but that is your problem and no one elses. You made yourself look like a fool. Having the same exact information you had, JShen produced a cogent, articulate and well thought out response. You decided to jump the gun and make your position and disdain known without the requisite knowledge to do anything other than make yourself look foolish. It might serve you well to express fact and not feeling when trying to debate.

Venomhiss said:
Man your cop tricks a little cliche there officer. i aplogize for jumping the gun, but i think your at fault for loading it the wrong way with the way you worded it in the begining. No mention of the fact its being used for police work which in that case, makes it acceptable to me as it IS saving the police department...well actually the tax payers...money.

Again, your own lack of understanding and comprehension led to your conclusions and statements. No one responded in such a fashion.

Venomhiss said:
I have no disdain for any LEO, your jobs are serious and i truly believe your probally all under paid. Not many jobs carry the weight of not knowing if youll be coming home that evening to see your wife and kids like yours. EVERY time i post in here i make it VERY clear to you...yes you specifically.... that i have NO problems with cops at all. Some of them do some questionable things and dont do there job right JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE CAN.

I am not underpaid. You now say you have no problem with L.E., you need to go back and reread some of your posts, including this one.

Venomhiss said:
You truly made it sound like you were just having fun with the car, as i said before, you made no mention of any sort of fact it was used for a police cruiser, you just said "Ive had some high end vehciles in my drive way thanks to felons".....let me ask you officer, how would that sound to john citizen if you didnt explain everything else?

It is not used as a "police cruiser." Once again try to follow along. Yet again this is your perception, as no one else understood my post the same way you did. You decided what it meant, based on your disdain for either L.E. or just me, but either way it was your problem as my statement was clear and in context with the questions asked.

Venomhiss said:
Oh and by the way i am NOT the sharpest tool in the shed, never said i was but....how i was a i supposed to research it? Just go to google and type in "Why does FORDSVT FAN get to have illegally confiscated cars in his driveway?"

Leaving out the FordSVTFan would actually yield pretty good results, if you were so inclined. I just did it and came up with some pretty accurate info. Now, this statement proves what an immature and reactive person you are.

Here is my post, please tell me where it says any of the things you intimate that it says
FordSVTFan said:
A lot of agencies have U.C. cars that serves many purposes, from high end luxury cars to pursuit vehicles. On the Federal side we get to use seized vehicles for 364 days before they are disposed of. I have had some very high end vehicles in my driveway that I got to use for extended periods of time thanks to various felons.

Venomhiss

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Again your own lack of reading comprehension owns you, my post indicates in the first statement they are U.C. vehicles. Furthermore, I am a Fed, I dont wear a uniform except when tactical, therefore all my use is U.C. I didnt make it sound like anything other than what it was, a good use of siezed/forfeited vehicles, you interpreted the way you decided to based on your own issues with L.E.

Not bragging, I was answering a question but thanks again for following along:rolleyes: And yes, my use of these vehicles for my job was "thanks" to a felon. I understand because of your checkered past, you relate to "Felons" but that is your problem and no one elses. You made yourself look like a fool. Having the same exact information you had, JShen produced a cogent, articulate and well thought out response. You decided to jump the gun and make your position and disdain known without the requisite knowledge to do anything other than make yourself look foolish. It might serve you well to express fact and not feeling when trying to debate.

Again, your own lack of understanding and comprehension led to your conclusions and statements. No one responded in such a fashion.

I am not underpaid. You now say you have no problem with L.E., you need to go back and reread some of your posts, including this one.

It is not used as a "police cruiser." Once again try to follow along. Yet again this is your perception, as no one else understood my post the same way you did. You decided what it meant, based on your disdain for either L.E. or just me, but either way it was your problem as my statement was clear and in context with the questions asked.

Leaving out the FordSVTFan would actually yield pretty good results, if you were so inclined. I just did it and came up with some pretty accurate info. Now, this statement proves what an immature and reactive person you are.

Here is my post, please tell me where it says any of the things you intimate that it says

Im always wrong when it comes to cops, i aplogize.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Venomhiss said:
Im always wrong when it comes to cops, i aplogize.

Simply point out in my post, the things you claim it to mean.

FordSVTFan said:
A lot of agencies have U.C. cars that serves many purposes, from high end luxury cars to pursuit vehicles. On the Federal side we get to use seized vehicles for 364 days before they are disposed of. I have had some very high end vehicles in my driveway that I got to use for extended periods of time thanks to various felons.

BTW, the self-deprecating statements serve no purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread