Delivery dates

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I don't really know how convoy works, but I assume its the same as rail. With rail they wait until they have 15 cars going to the same general area. (it could be V6's, GT's, Shelby, etc) then they load a rail car. That is why cars are said to be "lost" or held in area 51, for long periods of time. you could have 14 cars destined to LA, and they will sit until 1 more car is produced for that area. I assume with convoy it is the same but I believe the number is usually 8.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
A couple pictures from today.

7197624650_0a45e030bd_m.jpg

7197624942_3195447dbf_m.jpg

7197625224_2b9087c50e_m.jpg

7197625606_5717ef73fd_m.jpg

reason4treason

Established Member
I don't really know how convoy works, but I assume its the same as rail. With rail they wait until they have 15 cars going to the same general area. (it could be V6's, GT's, Shelby, etc) then they load a rail car. That is why cars are said to be "lost" or held in area 51, for long periods of time. you could have 14 cars destined to LA, and they will sit until 1 more car is produced for that area. I assume with convoy it is the same but I believe the number is usually 8.

Anyone know if something similar happens after the rail does its drop and it then goes onto a truck for dealership delivery? In other words, might vehicles be held someplace for a period after the rail drop, until a full truckload is available to transport?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I doubt (and this is just what I would think to hold true) that they need to have '8' Mustangs in the same area before they send them out.

I'm sure once they've got a group of them for a region, they may send them out to a 'staging' area with other Fords, and from there they're sorted out for areas.

It's why you see a trailor show up with brand new models that aren't all the same.

*disclaimer, I know nothing, this is all speculation lol*

On another note, a buddy of mines roommate picked up his DIB GT today.

BrettR

Established Member
My all white shelby should be on the train with ya Brett.

When they come in we need to meet up at state capital or no problem one weekend.

I think Im going to bring her to scrapin the coast in biloxi June 22nd-24th i have a bunch of friends going so I figured i would go to put a few miles on her.

Myfast70

Established Member
I saw a Boss Mustang twice in the shipping yards here in the Sun City area. It's usually about 4:50 am when I see them. I can't wait to see the Shelby's show up!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
just got off the phone with Ford. My car is built and at Ramp 51. Just awaiting shipment. No holds, no nothing. Just waiting for a convoy.

Wish I could just go get it myself :)

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
i HAVE MY INVOICE IT SHOWS 4 DAYS FOR INTRANSIT

nice! hoping mine ships soon. Wish I could just go get it! wanna go find a DIB no stripe and push it outside the gate for me?

My name is on it, so technically its mine right?

Users who are viewing this thread