Do NOT do business with Cory Kolk/Iron Hand Racing

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
^Exactly what Driver500 said. He went in with good intentions but it got too crazy for him to handle. Sucks that your hard earned money went to waste.

And a BIG +1 for Deans Performance. Hans is the man. He's just about as OCD as I am which is hard to find. Only places I would take my car to is Deans Performance and Livernois

Last edited:

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
^Exactly what Driver500 said. He went in with good intentions but it got too crazy for him to handle. Sucks that your hard earned money went to waste.

And a BIG +1 for Deans Performance. Hans is the man. He's just about as OCD as I am which is hard to find. Only places I would take my car to is Deans Performance and Livernois

I just wish I could get a cell phone number for the guy. He's a state over and the general consensus with him is you need to "swing in." Well 2 hours away that's kind of tough.

Planter

Banned
no real surprise here. :bored:

"IF" this all is true and holds true, then I think there's some people from the other thread that owe me an apology.

I call it like I see it. win, lose or draw.

aside from that, I'll reserve any future opinions till all this plays out. Someone has some explaining to do though. :shrug:

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
no real surprise here. :bored:

"IF" this all is true and holds true, then I think there's some people from the other thread that owe me an apology.

I call it like I see it. win, lose or draw.

aside from that, I'll reserve any future opinions till all this plays out. Someone has some explaining to do though. :shrug:

I can tell you that you are probably correct.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
I just wish I could get a cell phone number for the guy. He's a state over and the general consensus with him is you need to "swing in." Well 2 hours away that's kind of tough.
I just call the main number. I have called probably 5 different times in the alst couple weeks and he has answered every time. Maybe he's less busy in the winter and easier to reach?

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
Man I really hope that this isn't the case :(

Isn't he building you a motor or something?

I just call the main number. I have called probably 5 different times in the alst couple weeks and he has answered every time. Maybe he's less busy in the winter and easier to reach?

Possibly, it was definitely in spring when I called. Again, I'm not trying to say don't go to the place. He did everything right. The fact he handles that all basically himself and lives there is sort of badass. Dude is beastmode.

When I showed up once him and a friend were shooting the shit and there was a street brawler car on the trailer I was drooling over. I asked if it ran 9s and they said "something like that." Pretty sure it was a deep 8\7 second street racing car. 4 or 5" pipe hanging out the front fender.

I just wish the guy was local. I'd be happy to pay his mortgage!

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Isn't he building you a motor or something?

No, my motor is built by AED, and is the only shop that'll touch my car.. I've been down a path where I was taken for 8k from a shop that closed doors. I'm not saying that that is what's happening here. I've talked with Cory many times on the phone. I haven't talked to him in a while, but he doesn't strike me as a guy to wrong someone.

I hope that it works out for both parties. There are about 3-5 people in the process of motor builds from him..

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
No, my motor is built by AED, and is the only shop that'll touch my car.. I've been down a path where I was taken for 8k from a shop that closed doors. I'm not saying that that is what's happening here. I've talked with Cory many times on the phone. I haven't talked to him in a while, but he doesn't strike me as a guy to wrong someone.

I hope that it works out for both parties. There are about 3-5 people in the process of motor builds from him..

Was his donation thread not enough to prove that he's shady as ****

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

SVT_Troy

Established Member
ouch....... He's always seemed to be a good guy to me, he's talked me through a bunch of problems in the past without complaining......

I'm thinking along the lines of Driver500 here, maybe he just got in over his head to quick. Either way, it doesn't look to good for him and hope everything works out for the OP and others involved......

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
There seem to be a lot of people that think he's nice to talk to on the phone, but who has had a motor build or work done on their vehicle by this guy and had a positive outcome.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Was his donation thread not enough to prove that he's shady as ****

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

IDK I think that until I see it first hand I can't just judge off the internet. I always give the benefit of the doubt. I try to find the good in everyone.. It's somewhat of a downfall of mine.

I can only judge off of my interactions with him. I'm not in this guys shoes either though, I can say that IF I was him. I'd be just as pissed.

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
IDK I think that until I see it first hand I can't just judge off the internet. I always give the benefit of the doubt. I try to find the good in everyone.. It's somewhat of a downfall of mine.

I can only judge off of my interactions with him. I'm not in this guys shoes either though, I can say that IF I was him. I'd be just as pissed.

I'm the same way. I gave this guy WAY too much slack. To put this into perspective, I have over 30,000 feedback on eBay and understand a post like this can end a small business. So I waited until it had gotten way way way past the point where most people would have buckled.

I have a soft spot in my heart for a small business owner because I started very very small and understand everyone starts somewhere. But at some point you just have to realize that the person you are dealing with is totally illequiped, unwilling or whatever.

Should be interesting to see how this all unfolds. There always two sides to every story. Have only heard one side so far.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Possibly, it was definitely in spring when I called. Again, I'm not trying to say don't go to the place. He did everything right. The fact he handles that all basically himself and lives there is sort of badass. Dude is beastmode.

When I showed up once him and a friend were shooting the shit and there was a street brawler car on the trailer I was drooling over. I asked if it ran 9s and they said "something like that." Pretty sure it was a deep 8\7 second street racing car. 4 or 5" pipe hanging out the front fender.

I just wish the guy was local. I'd be happy to pay his mortgage!

I understand Hans being difficult to get hold of. Been down that road myself. You just have to keep calling. He seriously is the man when it comes to these cars. I'm 2 1/2 hours from his shop, been there several times, and there is no one else I would consider taking my car to.

Hoping for the best that this gets worked out for you. You've certainly displayed levels of patience and understanding that I wouldn't have found myself capable of...

Users who are viewing this thread