Do NOT do business with Cory Kolk/Iron Hand Racing

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Holy shit, took me a few hours to get through all 12 pages of Planters non-smackdown callout thread lol

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I have been in contact with Cory almost every other day this week.
He has called me twice with updates and mentioned that the snow has slowed everything down. He also said he had your engine in the back of his truck en route to ship.

---------------------------update-------------------------------
just got word from Cory that your engine is shipped and should be at Fox Lake by Tuesday. It cost 374.00 to ship and the OP has only paid 160.
Cory says hes tied up right now working but will clear all this up when he gets a chance.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I trust Cory but I did give him as much time as he needed on my build. Given, there have been set backs but they seem legit.
As Chris (98 saleen cobra) said, i do give him the benefit of the doubt as he is a good guy and is trying to do whats right with the limited time he has.
I do think he got too busy for his own one man operation and then throw in all the personal stuff, weather, etc. its hard to juggle 3-4 engine builds (which all have their own problems with machining, suppliers, etc).

Good post. Also, I have personally seen your motor, and the parts for it, everything is just as has been stated about your build(that boss block is sick btw!!).

gabe1530

Banned
Good post. Also, I have personally seen your motor, and the parts for it, everything is just as has been stated about your build(that boss block is sick btw!!).

thanks, glad i could help out in this situation even though im the middleman. :beer:
glad to hear my boss block is looking good.

racebronco2

Established Member
I have been in contact with Cory almost every other day this week.
He has called me twice with updates and mentioned that the snow has slowed everything down. He also said he had your engine in the back of his truck en route to ship.

---------------------------update-------------------------------
just got word from Cory that your engine is shipped and should be at Fox Lake by Tuesday. It cost 374.00 to ship and the OP has only paid 160.
Cory says hes tied up right now working but will clear all this up when he gets a chance.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I trust Cory but I did give him as much time as he needed on my build. Given, there have been set backs but they seem legit.
As Chris (98 saleen cobra) said, i do give him the benefit of the doubt as he is a good guy and is trying to do whats right with the limited time he has.
I do think he got too busy for his own one man operation and then throw in all the personal stuff, weather, etc. its hard to juggle 3-4 engine builds (which all have their own problems with machining, suppliers, etc).

Just an observation, his silence is not good. He has time to talk to other people but could respond here or at least contact Nickerz and give him the tracking numbers, it only takes a minute via e-mail.

My good friend owns a shop, also a one man show most of the time. He had so many people wasting his time he has learn which guys waste you time and which guys are serious. It may be he has gotten to big too fast and he truly likes to help out forum members but it just takes to much time away from the paying jobs.

gabe1530

Banned
Just an observation, his silence is not good. He has time to talk to other people but could respond here or at least contact Nickerz and give him the tracking numbers, it only takes a minute via e-mail.

My good friend owns a shop, also a one man show most of the time. He had so many people wasting his time he has learn which guys waste you time and which guys are serious. It may be he has gotten to big too fast and he truly likes to help out forum members but it just takes to much time away from the paying jobs.

for all we know, Cory could have contacted him offline of svtp. making accusations and jumping to conclusions is not whats needed right now. Those two things are what have driven Cory to not post as frequently if much at all.
I dont know the history between them and i dont want to get involved frankly because its none of my business and it shouldnt be SVTP's either.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Very unfortunate this thread came to play. But I hate to say it did with good reason, what needs to happen is Ironhand needs to enter the thread and defend himself even if it is one post. As stated, there are two sides of the story and for closure or for anyone to pick a side it would be nice to hear Ironhand's take.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Do NOT do business with Iron Hand Racing

I don't think he is gonna post anything. I think he is done with svtperformance . He mentioned to me as we the engine shipped .

Maybe for the best.

That being said a number of vendors have made a living off the membership here without incident.

There are life lessons to be learned for all parties involved. Hopefully those that need it most will use this experience to better themselves.

MrGlock81

Established Member
maybe for the best.

That being said a number of vendors have made a living off the membership here without incident.

There are life lessons to be learned for all parties involved. Hopefully those that need it most will use this experience to better themselves.

+1

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Well I hope Ironhand is able to correct all issued that he has fallen back on with whatever personal/family issues that he is having to deal with so all parties get what they paid for. I hate to see stuff like this having to be resolved in this way, but I completely understand OP has just had enough.

I say this as he helped me out with some advice that most probably would not have done. It was only a 5 min call, but he helped me avoid a mistake and saved me easily over $2500.

Sent via talk to text...mistakes expected.

Users who are viewing this thread