**end of summer killer chiller gb **

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Welcome aboard as a vendor Joe. I this is Ravi. I bought the Killer Chiller drag pack kit from you. Couple of weeks ago.:rockon:

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Damn I have been back and forth about getting one, I think this just put me over the edge. Ill PM you.

Let me know and I'll put you down for one!

- Joe

Very interested.

Whats the deadline?

The end of this month.

- Joe

Welcome aboard as a vendor Joe. And what a fine and innovative product you have. If I still had my Cobra I would add my own name to this list. :)

Thanks for the welcome CobraBob! I've heard a lot of good things about your shifter gaskets!

- Joe

ive heard of the drag pack...is it the one offered in this gb or is it a bit more money?

This is the gen-2 without the drag/race option. If you do a lot of drag racing at the track then this would be a good option. If you don't, then the gen-2 should be plenty. The regular gen-2 kit will get your IC fluid down to about 40 degrees before the intercooler. The drag option gives you the ability to turn off the A/C inside the cab, so you only have A/C for the intercooler.

With the drag option, you'll have no dripping at the track and it'll get about 10 degrees colder. There's a lot more involved with the drag option (parts wise), but the kit sells for $350.00. I'll take $50.00 off for this GB, so the GB price would be $300.00.

Put me down for one.

Will do, and thanks! Don't forget to e-mail me your shipping info, screen name, and PH#

- Joe

IM IN!...would like more info on the drag pack set-up/kit as well!...thanks

I'll put you down, and thanks! Please e-mail me your shipping info, screen name and PH# Check my response to cbr repsol about the drag option.

- Joe

Welcome aboard as a vendor Joe. I this is Ravi. I bought the Killer Chiller drag pack kit from you. Couple of weeks ago.:rockon:

Thanks for the welcome! :rockon:

- Joe

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Finally! Welcome aboard Joe. This is Tab. Glad to see you as a vendor on here.
People---i have one of these on my cobra and it is one heck of a product. I would highly recommend one to anybody E85, c16, or any other fuel--THIS PRODUCT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Finally! Welcome aboard Joe. This is Tab. Glad to see you as a vendor on here.
People---i have one of these on my cobra and it is one heck of a product. I would highly recommend one to anybody E85, c16, or any other fuel--THIS PRODUCT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

Tab, thank you sir I appreciate that!

- Joe

Emwun Garand

Established Member
This is hands down the single best mod you can do for cooling your Terminator. I know fighting the Texas heat will be a lot easier with this installed.

We need 6 more to sign up!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
OK, This is definitely getting my attention...however, wasn't there a thread a while back complaining about a few of the pieces in the KC setup rusting or what not? If I recall, someone had stored a kit in the box for a while, and went to install it some time later and many of the pieces were rusting...just searched, can't find the thread
Anybody remember this...or has this been addressed?

Last edited:

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Worked wonders on my buddy Jordan's Lightning.

IC coolant temp:
Mobile%20Uploads

J.Kincaid

Established Member
OK, This is definitely getting my attention...however, wasn't there a thread a while back complaining about a few of the pieces in the KC setup rusting or what not? If I recall, someone had stored a kit in the box for a while, and went to install it some time later and many of the pieces were rusting...just searched, can't find the thread
Anybody remember this...or has this been addressed?

Yes, it sat for over a year, and a couple of the fittings started to corrode. We used to flush the system with water after brazing in the fittings, and if you didn't get all of the moisture out then corrosion could setup. Since then we've switched over to a threaded connection, so flushing isn't necessary and it's a more reliable connection.

In all the years building these kits, I think we've had maybe 2-3 with that problem. The new design should never have that problem and the core assy itself is made of 316 SS...only the hose fittings are regular steel with an anti corrosion coating.

- Joe

invisiblefrisbe

Praying for the unborn
Established Member
Heat Exchanger still needed?

With coolant temps below ambient temperatures, it seems like a heat exchanger in the loop would actually work against the system, heating up the fluid.

I scanned through the installation instructions and didn't see any mention of removing the heat exchanger (it could be there, I did a quick scan). Is there a reason to leave the heat exchanger in place on this setup?

J.Kincaid

Established Member
With coolant temps below ambient temperatures, it seems like a heat exchanger in the loop would actually work against the system, heating up the fluid.

I scanned through the installation instructions and didn't see any mention of removing the heat exchanger (it could be there, I did a quick scan). Is there a reason to leave the heat exchanger in place on this setup?

You're right. IC fluid temps after the intercooler will be about 58-60 degrees running thru the HE. If you remove it, block it off, or bypass it, you can drop that temp another 10-15 degrees. If you have a bigger aftermarket IC reservoir you could run this bypass valve.

Bypass valve > eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I think it's 61 bucks with free shipping. Get the type L.

invisiblefrisbe

Praying for the unborn
Established Member
You're right. IC fluid temps after the intercooler will be about 58-60 degrees running thru the HE. If you remove it, block it off, or bypass it, you can drop that temp another 10-15 degrees. If you have a bigger aftermarket IC reservoir you could run this bypass valve.

Bypass valve > eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Why bypass the HE (I am running an AFCO dual pass currently)? Is there a reason to leave it in place? I do daily drive my car as long as the weather is nice.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Why bypass the HE (I am running an AFCO dual pass currently)? Is there a reason to leave it in place? I do daily drive my car as long as the weather is nice.

1) Running the kit with an HE: typical temps after the IC = high 50*

2) Running the kit without an HE: typical temps after the IC = 45~48*

So if you'd like to drop an additional 10~15 degrees using the KC, you can either remove the HE at the time of installation, block it off, or you can use the bypass valve I linked to.

Some people don't want to remove the HE, because they'd like to use it during the winter months. I was just saying that if you don't want to remove your HE, but you'd still like to drop your IC fluid temps another 10~15 degrees, then consider the Bypass valve.

By the way, you can use the KC during the winter months and still stay nice and warm. Just adjust your climate control settings to defrost/mix...this will give you ice cold IC fluid and hot air inside the cab.

- Joe

black 10th vert

Established Member

So you only need 1 of these valves to bypass the HE? Do you have a diagram showing where/how to plumb this valve into the circuit?

I am really wanting to get in on this group buy, just not positive I can have that much cash set aside by the end of this month.

mustang john

Established Member
I got in on the GB Joe had over on SVTSnake and i have to say the quality of the kit is top notch and his customer service is great too. Havent installed it yet but it will be soon! Bump for a great product and deal!

I have been icing my Cobra at the track for years, i went with the KC and drag option to bring some fun back into the track. I spend so much time doing a proper ice down that i never had much time to watch and visit while there. The KC will allow me to get the same benifit of icing while only having to idle the car for a few extra minutes so its a win/win senario for me!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread