**end of summer killer chiller gb **

J.Kincaid

Established Member
So you only need 1 of these valves to bypass the HE? Do you have a diagram showing where/how to plumb this valve into the circuit?

I am really wanting to get in on this group buy, just not positive I can have that much cash set aside by the end of this month.

Here's a diagram. You want the bypass valve in between the IC pump and the HE. You will also need to install a tee or a Y between the HE and the KC

Edit: this is not a Cobra KC setup, but the IC system is basically the same.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Joe, that is an excellent diagram, thanks for posting that. Looking at the section where the "T" is though, wouldn't you want a 3 way valve there too, to prevent the coolant from backflowing into the HE? It seems to me with that configuration the coolant would still be able to dissipate some of it's "chill" in the HE, no?:??:

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Joe, that is an excellent diagram, thanks for posting that. Looking at the section where the "T" is though, wouldn't you want a 3 way valve there too, to prevent the coolant from backflowing into the HE? It seems to me with that configuration the coolant would still be able to dissipate some of it's "chill" in the HE, no?:??:

A second valve is not necessary. Once the valve is closed off to the HE, fluid can no longer flow in or out. Try taking a straw and blocking off one end. You will not be able to blow thru, or suck thru until you unblock that end.

I have a question according to diagram which way is the flow? Clockwise or counter clockwise? (pump, res, intercooler, kc, he, pump)

Counter clockwise. Res > pump > HE > KC > IC.

rudycobra

Established Member
What is the difference with the drag kit ? I'm interested just wondering if drag kit would b worth it for me . Mainly street car with track few times a year

invisiblefrisbe

Praying for the unborn
Established Member
One last question (I think). Does anyone have any experience running the HE bypassed (or removed) on a road coarse? I don't drive too much during the winter, so I'm considering using this and removing the HE completely for weight savings and improved airflow to the condenser. My concern is that on a road course, the KC without the HE in place will not keep the intercooler fluid under ambient temperatures and an HE in place would actually help in that situation.

I hope my question is making sense.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
What is the difference with the drag kit ? I'm interested just wondering if drag kit would b worth it for me . Mainly street car with track few times a year

If you don't go to the track very often, then I wouldn't recommend the drag/race kit. The regular gen-2 kit would be the way to go.

One last question (I think). Does anyone have any experience running the HE bypassed (or removed) on a road coarse? I don't drive too much during the winter, so I'm considering using this and removing the HE completely for weight savings and improved airflow to the condenser. My concern is that on a road course, the KC without the HE in place will not keep the intercooler fluid under ambient temperatures and an HE in place would actually help in that situation.

I hope my question is making sense.

I mentioned this before. You'd want to adjust the A/C compressor to stay on a little higher in the RPMs. There's a guy in the Lightning section here that uses the kit for open track, but he also uses it with the HE. His screen name is (Pitstain).

- Joe

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I had a tow truck rip off my front bumper and IC.
I do my own work so there may be enough extra funds for the KC.
Hopefully the insurance company gets this settled quickly!!!!
The GB ends at the end of Oct?

Last edited by a moderator:

J.Kincaid

Established Member
I had a tow truck rip off my front bumper and IC.
I do my own work so there may be enough extra funds for the KC.
Hopefully the insurance company gets this settled quickly!!!!
The GB ends at the end of Oct?

Man sorry to here about that. Hopefully they get you squared away pretty quick. If you want in on this deal, but won't be able to pay the full amount for a while, I can hold the kit for you for 30-45 days. Just put some money down to hold the kit, say $100-$200 and then pay off the balance when you're ready for us to ship out the kit.

Thanks,
Joe

Count me in!

Your on the list. Please e-mail me your shipping info, screen name and PH#.

Thanks!
Joe

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Don't miss out on this deal!

TICK TOCK!!!

The end of the month is fast approaching and this SVTP group buy of the legendary KILLER CHILLER is one SMOKING DEAL!

Enjoying that chilly autumn day horsepower?

How would like to have similar intake air temps and power year round?

How would like to try chilly autumn day power on a day when your tires are actually hot enough to HOOK?

The KILLER CHILLER makes that possible even with multiple runs, by removing heat more effectively than even a larger than stock H/E can. Even stuck in traffic with minimal air flow!

With a Killer Chiller below ambient I/C coolant temps can be a regular occurrence.

Get serious, target your mod money where it will give some serious bang for the buck and will continue to be effective even if your power goals expand.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Man sorry to here about that. Hopefully they get you squared away pretty quick. If you want in on this deal, but won't be able to pay the full amount for a while, I can hold the kit for you for 30-45 days. Just put some money down to hold the kit, say $100-$200 and then pay off the balance when you're ready for us to ship out the kit.

Thanks,
Joe

I haven't heard back from the insurance company yet.
My KC purchase is dependant on what and how they fix my car.
This whole incident really sucks.

muttley

-Neal-
Established Member
Iḿ in !! you guys have turned me into a mod addict! i can´t help myself, i have to have it.

Users who are viewing this thread