Ever notice? (the urge to spend more money on mods never goes away?)

cobra=trouble

Established Member
My name is Gary , and i been an addict for over 30 years now. that is when i started driving back then at the age of 15 .

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I'm happy with mine. I don't really race mine. I actually baby it around so when I step on it, it's almost like I've never done it before.

I'm not really happy with mine anymore :( I have not done anything major since 07 and I'm now board with it, so my plan is to either cam it or sell and go vette :shrug:

My name is Gary , and i been an addict for over 30 years now. that is when i started driving back then at the age of 15 .

lol.,.,

Sent with Riddla's massive johnson

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I'm not really happy with mine anymore :( I have not done anything major since 07 and I'm now bored:bored: with it, so my plan is to either cam it or sell and go vette :shrug:

I think you are ripe for an E85 conversion and 700plus RWHP to completely erase the possibility of hooking any tire up on the street.
Just say not to Corvettes.

No charge for spelling correction.:p

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well I can honestly say I don't really have that much more money to spend on my car lol.. It's almost DONE!! I know you all think I'm crazy but I'm actually serious lol. There is nothing stock left about it lol.. I would venture to say it'll have nothing left to do in about a good two years, unless another major casualty happens like Deepwater Horizon and I get deployed again.. Then it'll be done sooner.. :D

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
I think you are ripe for an E85 conversion and 700plus RWHP to completely erase the possibility of hooking any tire up on the street.
Just say not to Corvettes.

No charge for spelling correction.:p

Jimmy, i need to take you for a ride in mine when i move back to Houston

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
I personally just said enough is enough. My setup isn't radical, it's actually pretty simple. After i got it tuned on E85 i was talking with my uncle who has a GT2 and races a lot and also lives in Houston, he's big in the street scene and we both were saying that when you're living in a city like Houston you just have to get your car how you want it and understand that you are NOT going to be "the fastest". I went so far as to say that i'm not doing anything else to it other than regular maintenance, upkeep, and cleaning so i could just enjoy the car. There were a few things i was considering such as custom hood vents, coil overs, 6pt roll bar, HID's, etc but i realized that there's ALWAYS going to be something you can change/replace. I love my car the way it is, i'm just having a great time being able to drive the hell out of it again and the price of E85 vs VP113 has definitely been a huge factor as well

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Jimmy, i need to take you for a ride in mine when i move back to Houston

As long as you promise not to put me in the hospital again.:-D

I am sooooo done with hospitals.

But yeah. After I get working again maybe we can also go to a track event and if you like I can share some pointers and hook you up with some of the better instructors I know.

You will probably use almost 3/4 of a tank of E85 on one twenty minute session.
I use more than a 1/4 on 93, the tank pick up starves on turns a little below 1/2 a tank.:beer:

Last edited:

Marc

Established Member
My cobra has been in storage or more than 4 years. I made up my mind to do a 2.9 Whipple upgrade. So, for the last year I have been purchasing stuff to compliment the build (rearend, clutch, subs, fuel system, cooling, etc...). I have $7K in parts sitting in my Father's garage--most new in the box. I still haven't even purchased the blower yet.

I will begin the build in July. Should be a show/fast car when I am done.

oldmodman

Established Member
Today is Sunday.

So I was planning on not spending any money on the Cobra today.

But then I saw a Snap On Tool truck parked in front of my friends shop.

But I only spent $304.58 on tools. That's not too much for an unintended purchase, is it?

Now I can sympathize with women and shoes.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I blow so much money on my car its unreal. I spend ALOT more when I'm deployed lol, the cars a money pit. And the mod bug is a sickness thats unshakeable IMO.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Screw that, I didn't buy this car to putt around in! Although responsible, I'm in boost whenever I can!

This^^^

Im trying to plan everything way I'm advance for this car so im not broke all the time but the mod bug never goes away.....thats just how it works for people like us.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Once I get to 600rwhp I'l be done..........................................for awhile
i was okay with my car ,,untill my head tick into a nightmare..just see my link.
with all my mods allready , i will still have to spend a total of about 6500 bucks get it it back on the road. plus i will need another custom tune!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been into cars for nearly 15 years now and the spending never stops. Mostly things that I don't even need. New stuff comes out and I must have it! I really want to pay this thing off asap and try to save up to build a new 3 stall garage! Once paid off it will be very tough not to buy a whipple and supporting mods! But I keep dreaming of a nice heated garage!

Users who are viewing this thread