Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 First Into The 11's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

broeli

Established Member
Were there multiple runs? I'm assuming there probably were and the 11.81 was the best run. I remember when some were saying it would run 11's stock.... Where are those people now? I don't think ANYBODY would've doubted an 11 with a tune, full exhaust, drag radials, etc.
I want to see a bone stock production Shelby crack below a high 12 (like a 12.5 or better)...something we haven't seen yet.

Last edited:

1bad04cobra

Established Member
broeli said:
Were there multiple runs? I'm assuming there probably were and the 11.81 was the best run. I remember when some were saying it would run 11's stock.... Where are those people now? I don't think ANYBODY would've doubted an 11 with a tune, full exhaust, drag radials, etc.
I want to see a bone stock production Shelby crack below a high 12 (like a 12.5 or better)...something we haven't seen yet.
Give it some time skippie:thumbsup:

speed_demon24

Established Member
stang22 said:
CONGRATS BRO!!!:beer: Excellent job,keep the mods coming!! It's just a matter time!! Move over Z06!!!:kaboom: :D
Um the cars modded and on drag radials/skinnies, and its not even close to as fast as a stock Z06, so keep dreaming.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
speed_demon24 said:
Um the cars modded and on drag radials/skinnies, and its not even close to as fast as a stock Z06, so keep dreaming.

It's faster than any camaro from the past 4 years!!!:loser:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
quadcammer said:
damn thats a lot of mods for an 11.80
Do you have anything to add that is worth anything in here? If not I suggest you move along.:rollseyes

Last edited:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
speed_demon24 said:
All I was saying is the trap speed seems low for 500hp on a mustang dyno. :shrug:
Just helping you out bro...before it turned into a battle.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Lets keep this thread clean guys. No need to turn an otherwise good thread into another negative pissing match.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
broeli said:

Thats already happened...

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
Wow this post got ugly quick huh?? Well nice car and nice video none the less.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
quadcammer said:
damn thats a lot of mods for an 11.80
i am sure once they figure the car out and learn to launch it, it will go much deeper into the 11's.

03gobluecobra said:
Remember, they probably don't have the "driver" mod just yet considering they just got the car.
if they shift like they did on that simulated drag run on the dyno, I would say they could definitely benifit from shifting a lot faster.

quadcammer said:
can't be that tough.

air down the drag radials, leave at about 2500, and powershift the sumbitch
maybe they don't know how to powershift? They are obviously trying to leave too hard from what we can see in the vid. They are shocking the tires and breaking them loose. They need to launch softer and shift faster.

speed_demon24 said:
500RWHP on a mustang dyno and its trapping 120mph? :kaboom:
go back to the LT1 forum where every car run's 10's @ 135 with a cam only. The run corrects to a 11.58 @ 123.33. 124mph in a 3900-4100# w/ driver and 500rwhp seems to add up to me.

broeli said:
I still don't have my car; I know how to shift. :D http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2d3f688a-5d75-4835-bb1e-2387fbe7dc64.htm

1bad04cobra said:
Give it some time skippie:thumbsup:
exactly

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
speed_demon24 said:
And its faster than any 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006 cobra too. :lol:

Hey Einstein:

There were NO Cobra's built any of those years with the exception of 300 R's in 2000!! :idea: :read:

If you're just going to troll around here, leave now and save me having to use my Whimsical Ban Stick on you! :nonono:

speed_demon24

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
i am sure once they figure the car out and learn to launch it, it will go much deeper into the 11's.
go back to the LT1 forum where every car run's 10's @ 135 with a cam only. The run corrects to a 11.58 @ 123.33. 124mph in a 3900-4100# w/ driver and 500rwhp seems to add up to me.

exactly

I hate the LT1 forums, always full of dumbasses and posts like, "383 in, but runnin 13.5's, why?

Don't 03-04's that dyno'd 500rwhp on mustang dyno's trap 125+? I guess I was just trying to figure out why it only trapped 120mph, the density altitude of the run would help.

broeli

Established Member
Orange Stang 04 said:
Thats already happened...
Show me.
And don't tell me MM&FF did it with Evan driving. That was a pre-production car that had a tweaked ecu...don't ask me how I know :)

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
speed_demon24 said:
I hate the LT1 forums, always full of dumbasses and posts like, "383 in, but runnin 13.5's, why?

Don't 03-04's that dyno'd 500rwhp on mustang dyno's trap 125+? I guess I was just trying to figure out why it only trapped 120mph, the density altitude of the run would help.
so if a 383" LT1 runs a 13.5 it's normal, but if a 330" GT500 runs a 11.8 @ 121 it's deemed slow. Not all 500rwhp cobra's trap 125+. The one's with good driver's do. They also do go out and run 10's and 125 traps on their first time out to the track. you guys need to learn to wait for things...so into instant gratification.

The DA of that run was 1812'.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
broeli said:
Show me.
And don't tell me MM&FF did it with Evan driving. That was a pre-production car that had a tweaked ecu...don't ask me how I know :)
so you know for a fact that mm&ff had a tweaked ecu.

What about the motor trend car that trapped 116?

I wish I had the power to ban; Bruce...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread