Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 First Into The 11's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
so you know for a fact that mm&ff had a tweaked ecu.

What about the motor trend car that trapped 116?

I wish I had the power to ban; Bruce...:D
Seriously motortrend trapped 1 mph slower than MM&FF....they both must have been tweaked!:rollseyes

1bad04cobra

Established Member
broeli said:
Show me.
And don't tell me MM&FF did it with Evan driving. That was a pre-production car that had a tweaked ecu...don't ask me how I know :)
Someone will show you soon enough,again give it some time this car is barely released and there is so much negativity.I dont even know your point:shrug:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
speed_demon24 said:
I hate the LT1 forums, always full of dumbasses

Something I try to keep out of this forum! :bash: So unless you can "pretend" you're not in an LT1 forum when you're here, I suggest you don't post? :idea:

1bad04cobra said:
Someone will show you soon enough,again give it some time this car is barely released and there is so much negativity.I dont even know your point:shrug:

Clearly, he doesn't have a point?!? :rolleyes:

broeli you're pushing it, just so you know! :nono:

Last edited:

broeli

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
broeli you're pushing it, just so you know! :nono:
How about telling me how I'm pushing it first. ?? Once I know what not to do I'll lay off. I have questions/concerns like many others. This is a discussion on the 11 second pass. Are my posts not directly related...just as much as anyone elses?

Formula51

Established Member
I think what these guys are getting at is that they want to see someone other than Evan Smith run better than a high 12. The terrible mag numbers created a lot of doubt in the minds of some people.

Whether we will see sub high 12 second runs by any actual owners, a handful of owners, or nearly ever owner is yet to be seen. You just have to be patient.

Most people who paid over MSRP (generally the people who have their cars now) are probably not your weekend dragstrip thrashers. Not to mention that even if they are racers, their cars may not be broken in yet or they don't want to power shift their brand new $50k car.

Again, be patient.

I must admit that I am rather underwhelmed at 11.80 from a 500rwhp car with skinnies, dragradials, gears, and suspension mods. Then again, the car is obviously capable of quicker times as it sits.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Put some 28" slicks on it (**** drag radials) and dump the clutch at 6250 please. A 123+ trap with DRs no headers and stock pulley is pretty damn impressive. If nothing else it means that a 126-128 trap (same as a stock C6 Z06) is attainable with the stock blower/longblock.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
broeli said:
How about telling me how I'm pushing it first. ?? Once I know what not to do I'll lay off. I have questions/concerns like many others. This is a discussion on the 11 second pass. Are my posts not directly related...just as much as anyone elses?

You have a PM! :-D

chuckstang

Established Member
I dont know what to think. After thinking about it alot, I would like to have seen them try and get into the 11's with fewer mods and preferbly on stock wheels and tires. I really just want to see more 100% stock gt500's run an honest 12.5 or so. I will be more impressed with that. This car is no longer under warranty for the mods it has, so why not just go all out and throw a twin screw on her, that is what I would do if I was just throwing my warranty out the window anyway.
why F around ya know

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
Congrats Evolution...great times!!

This forum is HUMILIATING to be a part of. Someone comes here to post the progress about his GT500 and it turns into a 2 page pissing match. There needs to be some serious bans done...

Captain Beyond

Established Member
broeli said:
Show me.
And don't tell me MM&FF did it with Evan driving. That was a pre-production car that had a tweaked ecu...don't ask me how I know :)

:lol:

Do you have evidence or proof of that? Didn't think so. :rolleyes:
FYI, MM&FF always runs the best times. :read:

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Put some 28" slicks on it (**** drag radials) and dump the clutch at 6250 please. A 123+ trap with DRs no headers and stock pulley is pretty damn impressive. If nothing else it means that a 126-128 trap (same as a stock C6 Z06) is attainable with the stock blower/longblock.

as fast as the almighty Z06? :eek:
Wow, my 1000th post. LOL

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
It also begs the question: Is a 130mph trap possible with a ported stock blower?

COBRA32

Established Member
I really think they need to rename this LS? performance.com, For a Ford site there is really nothing postive said in these Forums. One would think you were visiting a Non Ford site with all the slamming of Ford products going on in here. Good run guys hope to see more.

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
COBRA32 said:
I really think they need to rename this LS? performance.com, For a Ford site there is really nothing postive said in these Forums. One would think you were visiting a Non Ford site with all the slamming of Ford products going on in here. Good run guys hope to see more.
It's sad isn't it? You would think Ford guys are all on the same side. But I guess times are changing...for the worst.:nonono: We should get back on topic about a badass 11 second run by the boys at Evolution.

Last edited:

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
COBRA32 said:

You're actually going to .....................snip

Sorry, no Trolls allowed! :-D

BTW Warning for you! Don't like it?!?! Leave!

Last edited by a moderator:

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
I think a 130 Trap speed is possible, I just don't think so with out some kind of weight reduction, but this is just my opinion. At least their out there, thrashing on thier car so everyone else can learn what mods they like and don't like, I commend them for blazing a trail, and trying things. Good luck Evolution !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread