Failure to wear seatbelt ticket, WHILE wearing seatbelt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I know this sounds like a dumb question, but how did the LEO notice you were wearing it under your arm and why did you not just lift your arm up to let the seat belt spring into the proper position once you were pulled over????

It sounds to me like someone is doing a college paper.

darkhorse276

Established Member
^^ I think if he happened to be looking at you as you went passed, (not sure where he was at the time obviously), that it would be pretty obvious.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Wow some of the fines are crazy. I got a $10 and a $5 fine the times I got a ticket for no seatbelt.

TqMnster

Established Member
I've heard of that code here in NC where they're not supposed to pull you for the sole purpose of issueing a seatbelt ticket. But I imagine that all they'd have to do is say they THOUGHT your inspection was out or something simple like that to justify it. I've never been stopped as I rarely wear mine. I know its kinda dumb but I just dont like it. Although with the damn dinger the lightning has I'm getting to where I always put it on when I get in so I dont have to hear the damn thing lol. On a side note I was pulled a couple times back when I had my 70 dodge charger with the lap belts and made asses out of several cops (who were being dicks) who claimed I wasnt wearing my seatbelt.

mdisalvo85

Established Member
I just noticed this thread is Still going, haha. 05 Roush-he thought I didn't have it on, but I told him I always wear it under my arm (it was even under my arm when he came up to the car, I just didn't think that was why I was pulled over) and he wrote that on the ticket. No college papers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread