First Picture/Video Thread: Base/Grabber/Recaros

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
No kidding, shit got bombed.

I'm also curious, has anyone else on here got their damn cars yet?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I'll have mine tomorrow. SUPPOSEDLY. :lol:

As far as being scared, that's the only way to live. If you think you are above any car, you're just a crash waiting to happen. The reality is cars are so fast now that even the best drivers get taken out, and that's even if you do try and be careful.

600 rwhp in a street car on street car tires has and will crash much better drivers than people that think "Oh it's only 600 rwhp." Drag strip or street. I remember think "Oh my God this car is so fast" when I got a 340 hp Corvette. Plenty of people crashed those. Now there are Mustangs with 2X that much rwhp.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
My'99GT with 230 hp is still entertaining to me (well, I think, haven't driven it since I got the '13 lol) but this new one is just not the same type of toy.

It's nasty.

DBK, since you've got a lot of insider information, do you have any guesses as to how or why I got mine as early as I did? I don't think I was the FIRST dealer delivery anywhere, but I'm sure I was top 5.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
So you've driven one already?

Of course not, but driven much faster cars before. I think you're having abit of kneejerk reaction to my comment. Allow me to further elaborate.

What I meant was that in this current enviorment of this hobby, a high 500rw isn't exactly a fast car when you can't go to a GTG just about anywhere in the country, throw a rock and hit another car making anywhere from 600-1000rw or more. Especially here in North Texas where no one even bats an eye when they see a car that makes 1100-1400rw now.

Yes, from the factory with a full warranty, it's an amazing car, make no mistake about that. But with as refined as the cars are now compared to years ago, it would be pretty hard to unsettle the car as long as the driver leaves the assists on.

I'm not hating on the car at all, I love it and will have one at some point. :rockon:

Your opinion is shit from this day forward.

Relax. lol.

What an idiot. Assuming you drive a Koenigsegg Agera R. Haters should stay on their youtube accounts. :wf:

We're talking a high 500rw car here, the 03/04 Cobra forum is full of them. The new cars are even easier to drive as well.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Back when I got my used 82 GT in 19813, I almost killed myself with it about 2 hours after I got it. Went around the turn and without thinking, gave it the same amount of throttle as my used to give my 200 CID 65 Mustang, and all the sudden was going sideways.

Ran a blistering 15.3 stock, which was relatively quick at the time, lol, I upgraded that car in stages, got into the 14s, the 13s, the 12s, then the 11s. Took years to do, and I learned how to drive it along the way.

Got my '03 and that was a handful when I got the pully on it, the 82 ran 11's but only at 117-118, not the 122-123 the Cobra ran, but I got used to it.

I've been driving a friend of mines C6 corvettes for a while and am used to trapping over 130 now.

It is scary to me that the base V6 Mustang has almost twice the HP of my 82 GT, and anybody with a few dollars in their pocket can go buy a relatively high HP V8 Mustang or Crapmaro, with 400+, and for a few dollars more me 580 to 668. I'm surprised more people don't end up wrapped around various trees, telephone poles etc.

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
We're talking a high 500rw car here, the 03/04 Cobra forum is full of them. The new cars are even easier to drive as well.[/QUOTE]

609 RWHP to be exact!!! Get it right! lol :beer:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
This thread is exactly why I don't recommend using photobucket to post images. Guess I'll just have to imagine how nice it looks. :(

Users who are viewing this thread