First Picture/Video Thread: Base/Grabber/Recaros

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
That's cool. It's no biggie. It just takes the press of a button to view the other gauges. LOL.

Any plans when you might put it on a dyno...to see how much RWHP? Take it to the track?

I assume you're gonna wait awhile though! lol

Believe me, I'd LOVE to slap on my 17" MT ET Street Radials and shoot for the sky with the first 10 second pass...but, I'm not a maniac, don't have an unlimited budget, and am frankly, still relatively frightened of the car.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Eh, here's a crappy crappy exhaust video from tonight.

Better one tomorrow, I promise!

th_ShortExhaustDark.jpg

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Believe me, I'd LOVE to slap on my 17" MT ET Street Radials and shoot for the sky with the first 10 second pass...but, I'm not a maniac, don't have an unlimited budget, and am frankly, still relatively frightened of the car.

Really? I mean it's a quick factory production car, but it's not a scary fast car by any means in my opinion.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Really? I mean it's a quick factory production car, but it's not a scary fast car by any means in my opinion.

I think that's potentially dangerous assessment for someone new to the 300+ HP range.

I would recommend caution for anyone who hasn't had prior high HP experience.

There are many videos of high perf street cars hitting the wall at the track. I even saw a guy take out the center divider during/after the burn out, before he even got staged, lol.

I would not depend on the electronic nannies either. I'm not saying to turn them off, but you should at least know how to steer correct when the back end wants to come around, without help from the car as well.

Last edited:

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member

What an idiot. Assuming you drive a Koenigsegg Agera R. Haters should stay on their youtube accounts. :wf:

Last edited:

Blue Menace

Established Member
There are many videos of high perf street cars hitting the wall at the track. I even saw a guy take out the center divider during/after the burn out, before he even got staged, lol.

yup, I saw that vid. Very embarrassing for that guy, I'm sure. Without a healthy respect for the power of these things, bad stuff happens.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Don't be so hard on him. I'm the one in the wrong.

Going from a 230 rwhp GT, I should feel perfectly comfortable driving a 600 rwhp supercharged Cobra.

When I was 19 I went from a maybe 200hp SVT Focus to an 03 Cobra. Trust me when I say take your time and get a feel for the car and don't listen to anyone trying to downplay it. You'll get used to the power real quick though. The tunnel vision will go away. :lol1:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm waiting on SID to reply so I can get some crap hosted elsewhere.

Videos are on top of my to do list

EDIT: If I keep waiting too long, someone else might have one ;)

jimmy77

Established Member
I don't have a lot of clearance underneath, nor a good lift, but I'll do my best when I go to get the cats/drive shaft

I've had a few cars that sat pretty low that I couldn't use ramps on.....so I used old phone books (4inchers)as ramps. That should give you a bit more clearance with out wrecking you'e car.Put the bound side away from the tire....the loose side will flair and she'll go right up. Congrats on BOTH babies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread