First ZL1 Kill??? You decide

slynch68

Established Member
Title may be misleading seeing as how they haven't even delivered any of the new ZL1's. Well does a ZL585 SLP Camaro count? They have the same amount of horsepower and the suspension and traction control on the actual ZL1 is only going to help so much.

The 10' Corvette and the ZL585 Camaro was a husband and wife's that showed up at the track. Smoked both of them and the wife wasn't very happy about it. I only ran 11.6's as the track wasn't hooking very well past the 60' mark but he never broke into the 11's in either chevy. They were on street tires and I was on a set of badly worn drag radials but you don't bring a knife to a gun fight, right? Anyways it was a great time and can't wait to smoke an actual ZL1.

photo11.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo9.jpg

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Good kills, what did they run? Timeslips? Did you ask to line up with them?

slynch68

Established Member
We were the only ones that showed up for the TNT, so we raced each other. I have the time slips in my car for my car only as they cut them down the middle.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
Seen one before, but he didn't want to run. I would think that it's pretty close performance wise to the ZL1. I guess we'll find out shortly...

Stopsign32v

Established Member
We were the only ones that showed up for the TNT, so we raced each other. I have the time slips in my car for my car only as they cut them down the middle.

:lol1: Only 3 cars showed up for TNT???? That would be pretty sweet actually.... :bash:

I get to wait in the lines for hours to get 1 run in behind a early 90s Blazer on dry rotted all season tires ripping up the line with a 1 wheel peel in the burnout box and dragging water to the line with the other tire. :cuss:

cody_288

Established Member
:lol1: Only 3 cars showed up for TNT???? That would be pretty sweet actually.... :bash:

I get to wait in the lines for hours to get 1 run in behind a early 90s Blazer on dry rotted all season tires ripping up the line with a 1 wheel peel in the burnout box and dragging water to the line with the other tire. :cuss:

I'd stab somebody in the pussy.

04fivefour

04 Cobra
Established Member
I would say it's a kill. I hope it works out the same way when they come out.

On a side note, that Camaro is ugly as hell and looks super lame. The exhaust outlet looks absolutely horrible.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member

On a side note, that Camaro is ugly as hell and looks super lame. The exhaust outlet looks absolutely horrible.

+1 for the looks but I would not count that as a zl1 kill simply because it is not a zl1 no matter how close it may be.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
With your time I'd say you should take the real ZL1, fancy traction control and all.

D.T.R

Established Member

x2
The exhaust tips, from a far distance, look like 2 fart cans.

Anyways, what are the mods on the GT500? that was a good kill .

D.T.R

Established Member
the whole car looks hideous... if they would have left it a little more plain... without the stripes, without the fart cans... without the fugly rims... it would look a lot better.

Zulu10SS

Established Member
for over $72K for the SLP ZL585, you think it would come with some better axles and some bigger tires on that shit, good kills though !

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
you are on drag radials and bragging about beating a car on 20in street tires? :rolleyes:

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
good kill, but be careful, my Z06 with only LTs, CAI, and a tune did 7.27@99 on 19" street tires the other day.

miss the supercharger screamin though

Users who are viewing this thread