Ford Focus RS = 345 HP

MysticRob

Established Member
Little? I bet it weighs at least 3,800 lbs. New cars are anything but little anymore. :(

The ST weighs 3,200lbs, and most newer AWD systems add only 150-200lbs (Jag, BMW, maybe others), so I'd be surprised if it weighs 3,500. And with ~350hp plus FBO and tunes, this thing will move.

My C-Max Hybrid is much bigger and loaded with Li-ion batteries and it's only 3600lbs.

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Little? I bet it weighs at least 3,800 lbs. New cars are anything but little anymore. :(

I'm guessing ~3400. The ST weighs 3200, figure the AWD adds 150 lbs. Don't know how much more the other components and slightly larger engine will add, but there's no way it's gonna weigh 3800 lbs.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
With all the guessing on numbers with the new GT, 350R and now the Focus I think im going to start selling boxes super bowl status. Lol, anyone want in? Power vs Weight.

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member

It's a four door hatch, not a damn jaguar xf. I'll agree with others and say weigt will be between 34-3500 lbs. A tune and bolt ons will make these things very nasty. Throw in some meth and things get a lot more fun. Direct injected?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
So the HP number is still a guess at this point? That might as well be a HPK link in the OP.

345 isn't something to sneeze at in a car like tho.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
So the HP number is still a guess at this point? That might as well be a HPK link in the OP.

345 isn't something to sneeze at in a car like tho.

Shit. I just checked the link again and now it just shows the main page for one of the European Ford sites. It used to show a page with info from their performance models at the Geneva show and that's where the power output was discovered. Looks like they removed it all.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Shit. I just checked the link again and now it just shows the main page for one of the European Ford sites. It used to show a page with info from their performance models at the Geneva show and that's where the power output was discovered. Looks like they removed it all.

Was your OP a copy and paste from the link you posted? Because you're right, just a home page kinda deal now.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I would not be surprised if it weighs less than 3400. The 03 Mach 1 was 3300lbs and is a bigger car. Thinking that ford will take out weight anywhere it can to keep performance up...

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I would not be surprised if it weighs less than 3400. The 03 Mach 1 was 3300lbs and is a bigger car. Thinking that ford will take out weight anywhere it can to keep performance up...

The Mach weighed less than the GT of the same year model?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
This thread makes me think the 2016 Mustang will have more power than the 2015. lulz It's gonna happen again!

It's going to have to. The new Camaro which will be unveiled soon is smaller and lighter than the car it replaces and will have a minimum of 450hp from the LT1.

The RS has me intrigued. I have owned STI, EVO and DSM's. With a GTX3071 turbo swap and boltons, this thing will hit 450awhp. The ST makes around 430whp with those mods and a smaller, less efficient engine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I believe it was within 50lbs with the mach 1 heavier. 3317 I think was the shipping weight on the mach 1 which is about 3350 fully gassed.

A Mach 1 owner weighed his car (no weight reduction and spare tire in trunk) at a track back in 2003 and with 1/2 tank of gas it weighed 3,380 lbs. So you're darn close with your estimate. Hard to believe it was that light when you consider the weight of Mustangs today.

racerbox77

Established Member
A Mach 1 owner weighed his car (no weight reduction and spare tire in trunk) at a track back in 2003 and with 1/2 tank of gas it weighed 3,380 lbs. So you're darn close with your estimate. Hard to believe it was that light when you consider the weight of Mustangs today.
Off topic bit how was the Mach 400# lighter than a Termi?

dynasty_v6

Established Member
Looks like those of us saying it wouldn't go backwards by offering less than the RS500 were correct. My next prediction is that there will be a special limited 50th anniversary edition with close to 400hp.

Wait, the Focus has been around for almost 50 years?

dynasty_v6

Established Member
So this thing may be quicker than the A45 AMG, S3, STI & GTI R all competitors in my opinion. Hopefully priced under the Merc & Audi, but slightly more than the STI & VW.

Users who are viewing this thread