Ford Lockpic? Rear camera.

sandlizard

Established Member
Wow great install thanks for posting , I think this is a must for the front on these cars with the splitter sitting so low .

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
So I received my Lockpic and apparently it thinks it's paired to another car so it refuses to program my car. I'm waiting to hear back about getting a new one sent out to me. Thought it would be a good mod to get done while waiting for my clutch but apparently not… LOL

C0bra99

Established Member

rancid

Established Member
I just don't have the mechanical skills to do this type of install, so I called the local Ford dealer to see how much to install a camera, they want $650.00 I said no thanks. I wish I could find somebody in Atlanta that does this kind of work.

Email me [email protected]

I know a shop that does really good custom work for a good price and can refer you. I also am getting a Shelby (waiting for it to get here) and plan on doing the lockpik install. If you want, we could do both at the same time. I am in the Gwinnett Area and have been doing car/home theater installs since I was 16.

Last edited:

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Had to change the Camera because the one I ordered was pretty much useless. It was pointing right at the ground.

Had to drill a significant hole in the bumper but it's way better. Can't tell the hole is there though.

Before:
5e8eva9y.jpg

After:
teneruzu.jpg

avu7aru9.jpg

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I really like this and would love if someone could do a proper How-to including what parts, where they bought them, etc

MeenieMe

Established Member
Thanks to the details/pics from Rotarur and the links in this thread, I completed this project myself today. Works great! A couple things I found having gone through it now:
  • The latest lockpick comes with all the cables you need. Some of the older articles reference purchasing a separate syncam12 harness...not necessary. Just be sure to use the correct cable depending on whether you have the touchscreen or not (explained in the back of the instructions that come with the lockpick)
  • I did also have to pick up some wire and connectors to extend the power/ground on the camera to reach the lockpick up front.
  • Lastely, I didn't truly appreciate the patience and dexterity required to unplug the connections until doing so myself. Wow.
  • I tucked the lockpick in the cubby near the glove box. I found it helpful to remove the glove box to make sure it was nicely secured and that the cables were accessible. I didn't want to leave the USB pigtail hanging, but can easily get at it by removing the glove box.
For my purposes, the angle of the camera is not an issue. It is actually pretty close to the angle on my factory installed camer on my highlander. The markings are a bit misleading though, as the green one is just one foot away. Having said so, I can see anything behind me down my 30ft driveway, which was my main objective.

Thanks again everybody!

shelbysvt

Established Member
I really like this and would love if someone could do a proper How-to including what parts, where they bought them, etc

Devious I put a detailed explanation in this thread of how to install a camera and the best path to routing the wires so that you will not see them. Also I included where to attach the points so there would be no warranty voided. Pictures are not really needed given how the lockpicks all come with detailed descriptions and pictures. Or at least mine did. nav-tv. Requires only the lockpick and the camera and NOTHING else.

Tonyalaskarms

Harley Rider
Established Member
The first camera I installed was this one:
Vission MV-Camera13 Miniature Surface Mount Camera

The one I replaced it with was this one:
Gryphon Mobile Vission MV-Camera12 Miniature Surface Mount Camera

This is the difference between the two:

Before: (I'm using Rotarur's picture since it's the identical camera he used)
47e95f27-5677-3a92.jpg

After:
teneruzu.jpg

Every since I seen your great right up I have been looking at cameras, I have came across this one and it looks alot like the new one you installed if not the same but the cost is a lot less could you give me some advice on it?

Users who are viewing this thread