Ford Lockpic? Rear camera.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Every since I seen your great right up I have been looking at cameras, I have came across this one and it looks alot like the new one you installed if not the same but the cost is a lot less could you give me some advice on it?

I didn't do the original write up lol but I sure can help. Send a link to the Camera you're looking at?

SVT RICK

Established Member
Installed mine yesterday. Nav-Tv with cheap camera from ebay. Camera angle is a little to low but picture is great. I'll try it for awhile..

91svtbird

Established Member
I have read where some are having software problems using the lock-pick with the factory nav units causing them to "freeze up" and fail. Not right away but after a little while. Anyone have any problems of this sort after installing the lock-pick and back-up camera's?

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
I have read where some are having software problems using the lock-pick with the factory nav units causing them to "freeze up" and fail. Not right away but after a little while. Anyone have any problems of this sort after installing the lock-pick and back-up camera's?

2500 miles and no complains.

captain1891

Established Member
Just finished this project and though a little challenging, well worth it. Backing into parking spaces is a breeze. Removing the connectors on the back of the unit is much easier when you first remove the control module behind the LCD screen. Also like having the DVD in motion feature unblocked for concerts.

captain1891

Established Member
Someday I would like replace the sound system as well since imo, the Shaker system is crap. Please let us know what components you picked and if this is a dyi job or someone is doing it for you.

rancid

Established Member
I started today and it has been quite a damn day because of the amount of stuff I am doing. I will post a mini write-up to replace the speakers with a new larger component set and the lockpick. The speakers are a ton of work if you decide to do anything outside of the factory specs. I decided on a 6 1/2" set which is why all the trouble.

Some teasers of lockpick camera mount:

ju4yhera.jpg

revevupu.jpg

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
I started today and it has been quite a damn day because of the amount of stuff I am doing. I will post a mini write-up to replace the speakers with a new larger component set and the lockpick. The speakers are a ton of work if you decide to do anything outside of the factory specs. I decided on a 6 1/2" set which is why all the trouble.

Some teasers of lockpick camera mount:

ju4yhera.jpg

revevupu.jpg

Glad to see more people using the camera I went with! Using both for a couple weeks each I found the first one to be essentially useless! :beer:

rancid

Established Member
Well I am officially going nuts. I had everything back together and fired up the car and lockpic did its thing but the camera displays a black screen. Thinking I screwed it up when shaving the back of the camera I ordered another overnight and just installed it and same thing. I have tried using a ground on the car instead of the lockpic because on my multimeter I see only 10.8v coming across. This did not solve the problem so i tried splicing right into the power wire and also no go.

Anyone have any ideas I should try? All the other functionality of the lockpic works fine.

91svtbird

Established Member
rancid ...this sounds like what I'd heard/read about and why I asked if anyone had this type of experience with lockpick and the factory Nav screen. Hopefully it isn't anything serious and can easily be corrected for you..
Please keep us updated on this.

rancid

Established Member
rancid ...this sounds like what I'd heard/read about and why I asked if anyone had this type of experience with lockpick and the factory Nav screen. Hopefully it isn't anything serious and can easily be corrected for you..
Please keep us updated on this.

Well I am running out of ideas short of returning it and trying another. I've wasted way too many hours on this thing for a rather simple project.

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
Well I am running out of ideas short of returning it and trying another. I've wasted way too many hours on this thing for a rather simple project.

Make sure you use the extra harness for the camera and plug it directly on the nav screen not the radio. It's not really obvious from the instructions they send.

captain1891

Established Member
Blank screen. Had the same problem, and it was because i didn`t have the second wiring harness connected properly.
It can get a little frustrating removing and replacing those connectors! Hang in there, it will work.

rancid

Established Member
This was the issue! I swear I still don't see it in the instructions but all is well that ends well.. Just to be clear I should have a leftover harness that they sent with the green, purple, and gray wires correct? Looks like the one going into the lcd screen but will fit in the back of the radio. The way the directions are written you are to omit this and use one or the other so I want to be sure before putting it back together.

Now to get this JL Audio Cleansweep installed..

a9u9ava5.jpg

navyruba.jpg

de5ujy4u.jpg

Last edited:

MeenieMe

Established Member
That's correct. They give two wiring harnesses. One if you have the NAV touchscreen, which has to be connected into the back of the screen, and one if you do not. You will have one extra. I did the exact same thing at first, and then found the last page of the instructions and kicked myself for overlooking it. I can say that two weeks later, works great. My hands have even healed from all the scratches incurred while removing the the hard drive.

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
That's correct. They give two wiring harnesses. One if you have the NAV touchscreen, which has to be connected into the back of the screen, and one if you do not. You will have one extra. I did the exact same thing at first, and then found the last page of the instructions and kicked myself for overlooking it. I can say that two weeks later, works great. My hands have even healed from all the scratches incurred while removing the the hard drive.

I have permanent marks on my hands from the scratches of 5 months ago and I think I beat my own record for emitting the most amount of profanities in one day when I installed that gizmo.

91svtbird

Established Member
rancid, glad you figured out the problem. Thanks for the feedback from everyone else too, it is helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread