Found an abandoned missile silo..

TacticalKaos

Established Member
They had a special on that exact bunker on the History Channel about a year ago. Good find man, I'd really like to look around that place. Looks like another biological hazard to add to New Jersey's working document of extreme health hazards. hahaha just kidding man.......but seriously.

MAXX RS4

Established Member
Yes, I am planning to go back.. Probably Friday.

I will be entering into the depths and I will be taking a lot of pics. I'm more likely than not going to leave everything intact though.

The shot I took of the rail inside the building is actually one of the rectangles at the top of the aerial photos. The brown circle is a water tower (which I climbed :rockon: )..

There is no address to the google earth pic I took, I just kinda traced it and it took a while to find..

383svt

Established Member
We used to hang out at an abandoned NIKE missle site all the time. though there was no Radioactive signs and no barbed wire. they more recently filled in the whole place.

Last edited:

MAXX RS4

Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
They had a special on that exact bunker on the History Channel about a year ago. Good find man, I'd really like to look around that place. Looks like another biological hazard to add to New Jersey's working document of extreme health hazards. hahaha just kidding man.......but seriously.

Are you sure about that being on the History Channel? If so I'd like to hear more about this.

And yes, there have been some serious health hazzard issues in NJ. My town, the town next to it, and the town next to that have all had their issues. My town was sued for about 75million (or something like that) a few years back for water contamination.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
MAXX RS4 said:
Are you sure about that being on the History Channel? If so I'd like to hear more about this.

And yes, there have been some serious health hazzard issues in NJ. My town, the town next to it, and the town next to that have all had their issues. My town was sued for about 75million (or something like that) a few years back for water contamination.

I'm positive it was. I know that one of the ones in New Jersey had its own neighbor hood with a school and all to totally isolate it from the rest of the population. All that stuff has since been de-classified so don't expect some black suits to has you. Local authorities at best will tell you to leave.

MattSVTCobra

Established Member
be really cool if someone could be found that worked there! Find out what stuff went on where! Man, i live in FL and I wanna go searchin woods now man! haha... dont think ill find this stuff in Orlando! HAHA

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
Dude! we could make this an SVTP/MACA field trip!! I live on the east coast of VA and this kinda stuff is awesome. Around here theres only abandoned farm houses and churches.. This industrial level stuff would be great! I like that wierd feeling I get when im checkin this kinda stuff out.

MAXX RS4

Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
I'm positive it was. I know that one of the ones in New Jersey had its own neighbor hood with a school and all to totally isolate it from the rest of the population. All that stuff has since been de-classified so don't expect some black suits to has you. Local authorities at best will tell you to leave.

So.. how do you know it was this one?

I'm going to ask my biology teacher who's lived in my town for probably about 175 years now.. He knows all about the secret stuff that goes on.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
MAXX RS4 said:
So.. how do you know it was this one?

I'm going to ask my biology teacher who's lived in my town for probably about 175 years now.. He knows all about the secret stuff that goes on.

It specifically went over each of the ones on the east coast especially the ones in New Jersey. They were set up to defend NYC from a nuclear attack apparently. Log onto the history channels website and order the episode. I'm sure it will answer a lot of your questions.

BLTONFirehawk

Established Member
anyone that lives in Houston notice we never have abondoned anything lol, it will be sold and bought within a week, whatever it is haha

Teal93svt

Established Member
Back in 88 when my dad was in the air force he worked in comm. and did alot of the wiring for the missle silos. i got to go into live missle site. i was pretty young. we got to have thanksgiving there with a couple of other families. The coolest thing to see. you go into a building above ground. then get into this elevator and it takes you way beneath the ground. and they have living quarters and everything. then they took us a little deeper to where they have a door that is at least 6' thick. Thats where they launched missles from. it was crazy seeing it.

Bobby

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Radioactive signs= most normal people will keep out. (I'm not normal)
No tresspassing signs= most normal people will go in to see whats there. lol

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
trespassing is trespassing whether a sign is posted or not. So, I would invest in a lawyer to get you out of whatever trouble you may get into. Sooner or later, you will get run out of there, and I am sure they wont be nice about it.

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
Teal93svt said:
Back in 88 when my dad was in the air force he worked in comm. and did alot of the wiring for the missle silos. i got to go into live missle site. i was pretty young. we got to have thanksgiving there with a couple of other families. The coolest thing to see. you go into a building above ground. then get into this elevator and it takes you way beneath the ground. and they have living quarters and everything. then they took us a little deeper to where they have a door that is at least 6' thick. Thats where they launched missles from. it was crazy seeing it.

Bobby

You actually were allowed in a fully operational LCC? I was stationed in North Dakota for two years and worked on the Minuteman III. Security for both the LCC and LFs (missile silos) is extremely tight. You have to have a need to access them both. What base was this at?

Users who are viewing this thread