Found an abandoned missile silo..

SVTCobraBB

Established Member
dougwg said:
google earth it!

do it! That is soooo cool! I remember seeing a picture of a guy dressed up as one of those Pramid Heads from like Silent Hill... and he went to an abandoned Asylum, and there were like chains and weird tools on the ground... I was freaked out. I would be i awe if I stumbled across anything abandoned like that. So awesome!

BrokeUoff

Banned
Those signs are only there to warn people that once upon a time Chuck Norris took a shit there. Google earth it, and you can find every place Chuck has ever shat, by the glow.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
My pops remembers seeing sites like that while he was growing up in Summit, NJ in the late 1960's. Cold war stuff, old NIKE bases. I believe like some folks have said they have been either paved over or sold off by now. Looks like this one would be prime real estate for a nuclear waste dump :)

Be careful, you never know who or what you'll find living in there.

FSSNK

Established Member
XCELR8 said:
Well it's definitely badass! One of the coolest threads on SVTP in a while, that's for sure, but just be careful. I'd go to Radio Shack and get you a Gieger counter and just see what's going on with rads in the area. Also, remember, if it's fenced up and secured, it's trespassing on an Air Force (most likely) installation and the penalties can be steap, however, if there are no resources within the installation, I can tell you that it's probably out of sight, out of mind for the Air Force and you woundn't have to worry about getting caught. The only reason it's secured is for A) a possible radioactive threat or B) it's a liability if anything happens on their property, hence the security. I don't want to scare you away from there, 'cause I'd love to see more pics, but I figured I'd give you a fair warning. :beer:
The army was responsible for the NIKE program.

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
good idea about getting a flashlight, crowbar and new batteries for your camera......you should also think about getting a lead lined jock strap, also a radioactive warning should set off huge bells in your head. it might be abandoned because the radioactiive spill that happened there was too much to clean up or handle....just a thought....i dont want to show up to the next mustang cruise in and recognize you because of your 4 testicles, 3 arms and a dead fetus growing out of the side of your head....im just sayin! other than that have a f**kin blast.

MAXX RS4

Established Member
I already have a few signs :rolling:

I'm going to pickup a meter from my neigbor who is an xray technitian..

Honestly, I believe that if it was any serious threat, the gov't wouldnt take chances with radiation.. They wouldn't simply fence in the radiactive materials..

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Your so lucky thats so dam cool! Id be scared to go there at night though and id always take a couple buddies and a cell phone or 2. Once you go into every bunker tell us whats in them im waiting for an update! This is more exciting then the freaking olympics!

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
FSSNK said:
The army was responsible for the NIKE program.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

His NIKE post cracked me up as well. I woke the dead guy I have buried in my back yard I was laughing so hard. LOL

MAXX RS4

Established Member
rev440 said:
Your so lucky thats so dam cool! Id be scared to go there at night though and id always take a couple buddies and a cell phone or 2. Once you go into every bunker tell us whats in them im waiting for an update! This is more exciting then the freaking olympics!

We went when the sun was up, and we still could only see about 50% of the stuff.. Most of the buildings had no windows and there were shafts that went down far enough to not hear a rock hit bottom for about 15 seconds.. There were basements and cellars and hatches that were too dark to see into.. I was seriously scared to get closer than within 10 feet of the stairs that led into the infinite darkness..

EDIT:
And just for reference to that last pic posted.. My stang could easily fit between that missile rail and the walls next to it on either side.. The thing is probably a good 25 feet long..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread