From the release docs! Images!

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:
No you were wrong:
I clearly see red and black seats here:

07_shelby_gt500_front_quarter_small.jpg
Thank you Evil one! I too said it had seats, and that they where black and red! :banana:

Tim :poke:

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Why did they take away the large grill lights? I agree that without widening the rear fenders and putting some meats on, like I was hoping, it's gonna be very hard to get that power to the ground. Everything else I like. Is this the only version that they're making? What about the NA one?

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
No white guages, but I doubt these are the final Cobra guages anyway...note the redline @ 5800-6000 (gotta look closely). That is of course, unless the 5.4 is not gonna climb to 6800.

Last edited:

SHOLANDO

Established Member
It also says: 'and new "SVT Red" leather seat inserts and door-trim panels provide a marked contrast to the rest of the leather-trimmed cabin, creating a very special driving environment.'

I guess they like the way the 10th anniversary Cobra looked!!

nuxx

Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:
Those same non-IRS rear ends beat BMW's latest M3's at the races...

Also note you are talking about a prepped race track. Now think of all the potholes, interstate dividers, etc... you encounter in the real world... :bash:

In 2005-2006 I'd have to pass on a non-IRS car. I guess Ford is not only trying to make the car look like it's out of the 60s, but they are also trying to make it drive / feel as such :burn:
-Peter

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
nuxx said:
Also note you are talking about a prepped race track. Now think of all the potholes, interstate dividers, etc... you encounter in the real world... :bash:

In 2005-2006 I'd have to pass on a non-IRS car. I guess Ford is not only trying to make the car look like it's out of the 60s, but they are also trying to make it drive / feel as such :burn:
-Peter

You need to read up on the rules of that race, you ain't allowed to do much of anything to the suspension first of all.

Second, you have not read much about the suspension, as people who own 2003/04 Cobras are saying teh suspensions on the 05's are quite good.

nuxx

Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:
You need to read up on the rules of that race, you ain't allowed to do much of anything to the suspension first of all.

Second, you have not read much about the suspension, as people who own 2003/04 Cobras are saying teh suspensions on the 05's are quite good.

Missed the point...

I'm saying driving a solid rear car around in a real world scenario is much different than driving on a race track. :poke:

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
nuxx said:
Missed the point...

I'm saying driving a solid rear car around in a real world scenario is much different than driving on a race track. :poke:

Have yuo driven the new Mustang?

I have. It feels much better on Nashua roads in the middle of winter (full of pot holes, and rock salt and other such nasties) than my 04 Cobra does.

nuxx

Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:

I have. It feels much better on Nashua roads in the middle of winter (full of pot holes, and rock salt and other such nasties) than my 04 Cobra does.

I haven't so I can't comment on it. Just trying to say a solid rear is as good as IRS is a bit silly... has to be a reason why until the new Mustang came out, the last production car to feature a solid rear was the Camaro. Even more so seeing IRS cost a lot more...

Jpjr

Established Member
i hate all the 'shelby' crap. the 03's were low profile which i loved, didn't stick out like a sore thumb. they went the tonka truck route with this like they did the F350. i guess most people will like it, but not me.

performance wise its killer. they exceeded my expectations. you can do anything with that motor, i'm jealous. but then again, i got my '03 for under 30k and would never pay 10-20k more for 50hp. you can throw a twin screw on the 4.6 and have more power than you can put down on the street.

bottom line: ford made the best of an ugly car. the power is definitely there, but the looks are just more retro obnoxiousness.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:

You're exactly right. The 05 even with the solid rear axle is very, very compliant around bends and bumps, even by IRS standards. And honestly, the drag racers in Mustang land far far far outweight the road racers...

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
The DBK said:
... And honestly, the drag racers in Mustang land far far far outweight the road racers...

Which is exactly the buyer demographic and the reason why it will be a sell-out hit. :beer:

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
The DBK said:
You're exactly right. The 05 even with the solid rear axle is very, very compliant around bends and bumps, even by IRS standards. And honestly, the drag racers in Mustang land far far far outweight the road racers...

Exactly. Ford designed a damn good rear, even without IRS. I was very close to going to the GT from the CObra, but the lack of the mods for the GT kept me away for now.

There is nothing stopping me from moving to the GT500 and I will. This is Ford's best looking Mustang since the 1967's (well the 1969's are close).

Users who are viewing this thread