Getting pulled over for tint in another state

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
so why even have a waiver then?

Because having the waiver allows the tint to go from a legal of 50% down to 35%. It is in the code section I posted.

thing that gets me is the several times ive been pulled and given a ticket for tint, the cops car had as dark or darker tint than i did. strictly pulled for the tint, i even got pulled once bc a cop thought the windsheild strip went lower than the AS1 line, which it didn't... so he let me go.

Most states have laws that exempt vehicles owned by law enforcement agencies from tint laws. That too has been posted before in other threads about tint.

about a month ago i pulled up to a license check, was nice out so i already had the windows down. had my license and registration in hand, handed it to him... he looked, handed em back, said thanks, have a nice day... and as i proceeded to pull off i guess he looked at my little triangle rear window on my 5.0 and saw it was tinted, questioned how dark my side windows were and made me roll up my window and had a meter in his pocket... ive never come to a damn license check and had them giving tickets for tint with a meter on hand, much less in their pocket. meeting that quota i assume. :rolling:

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member

thing that gets me is the several times ive been pulled and given a ticket for tint, the cops car had as dark or darker tint than i did. strictly pulled for the tint, i even got pulled once bc a cop thought the windsheild strip went lower than the AS1 line, which it didn't... so he let me go.

about a month ago i pulled up to a license check, was nice out so i already had the windows down. had my license and registration in hand, handed it to him... he looked, handed em back, said thanks, have a nice day... and as i proceeded to pull off i guess he looked at my little triangle rear window on my 5.0 and saw it was tinted, questioned how dark my side windows were and made me roll up my window and had a meter in his pocket... ive never come to a damn license check and had them giving tickets for tint with a meter on hand, much less in their pocket. meeting that quota i assume. :rolling:
You're aware there's no such thing as a quota right? :bash:

brys00gt

Established Member

You do realize that during these checkpoints if an officer observed something else it is fair game?

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Iowa can pull over and ticket out of state drivers for window tint as well. Iowa law essentially allows no aftermarket tint on the front side windows, but neighboring Illinois now allows 50% or 35% (depending on what your rear window tint is). It has been a problem for quite a few people that are in compliance with IL law coming into IA.

It seems odd to me that they can enforce something like window tint on vehicles that are registered out of state, when the home state may allow it. It isn't like you can just take it off when you cross state lines.

Yep... a number of Illinois / Iowa laws are like that. Living where we do can be an adventure sometimes.

2012GTCS

Established Member

Having a medical waiver would make you exempt. I don't get what that meant either. If you have a note from a Dr accompanied by a DMV "waiver", your tints can obviously be darker then the limit.

On the flip side, don't complain about the cops tint in their car when yours is dark and illegal. People aren't roaming the streets aiming to kill you because of the clothes you wear. And if you roll into a license check checkpoint smoking a doob, what do you think will happen? :D Same thing with tints and other violations if they are out doing enforcement.

2012GTCS

Established Member
I just got pulled over in Virginia for my dark windows.

The officer did not give me a ticket.

He let me go after looking at my drivers license.

The officer was actually very nice.

You, my friend, are a lucky, lucky man. :lol:

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That's a good one.......Oh wait.....you are being serious?

Former Alabama cop claims he was fired after blowing whistle on ticket quotas | Fox News

Hlistr_07RR is right, in most of states where laws have been revised after 1930, Quotas are illegal!!!!

In reference to Alabama, well:

-It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.
-Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.
-It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.
-Bear wrestling matches are prohibited.
-Incestuous marriages are legal.
-It is illegal to impersonate a person of the clergy.
-It is illegal to maim oneself to escape duty.
-It is illegal to stab yourself to gain someone's pity.
-You may not drive barefooted.
-Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.
-Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.
-It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.
-You must have windshield wipers on your car.
-You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.
-Masks may not be worn in public.
-Women are able to retain all property they owned prior to marriage in the case of divorce. However, this provision does not apply to men.
-Men may not spit in front of the opposite sex

:lol:

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That's a good one.......Oh wait.....you are being serious?

Former Alabama cop claims he was fired after blowing whistle on ticket quotas | Fox News

Imagine that. A 700 hour independent investigation found the "whistleblower" to be full of bullshit. When you get suspended or fired for being a shitbag, you need something to try and make them take you back....viola I'll make up a bullshit story about being forced to do quotas.

They don't exist.

mcdover

Established Member
Imagine that. A 700 hour independent investigation found the "whistleblower" to be full of bullshit. When you get suspended or fired for being a shitbag, you need something to try and make them take you back....viola I'll make up a bullshit story about being forced to do quotas.

They don't exist.

Did you read the article? The PD ADMITTED to instructing their officers to make a certain number of "contacts". City Manager Charles Duggan acknowledged that a quota was “wrongfully conveyed” to at least one patrol shift,"

“Once you blow the whistle, you’re done,” he said. “So, yeah, pretty much law enforcement is gone for me. And I was not a problem officer. I swore an oath to the people; I did what I was sworn to do. I just did my job.”

Do you really think the city would hire an investigator and not know the outcome BEFORE the investigation was even started?

I was born in the morning, but not this morning.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Did you read the article? The PD ADMITTED to instructing their officers to make a certain number of "contacts". City Manager Charles Duggan acknowledged that a quota was “wrongfully conveyed” to at least one patrol shift,"

“Once you blow the whistle, you’re done,” he said. “So, yeah, pretty much law enforcement is gone for me. And I was not a problem officer. I swore an oath to the people; I did what I was sworn to do. I just did my job.”

Do you really think the city would hire an investigator and not know the outcome BEFORE the investigation was even started?

I was born in the morning, but not this morning.

A contact is not a ticket quota. It appears the Chief wanted to be sure the officers were out patrolling the road instead of sitting in a parking lot somewhere playing with Facebook on the phone.

mcdover

Established Member
A contact is not a ticket quota. It appears the Chief wanted to be sure the officers were out patrolling the road instead of sitting in a parking lot somewhere playing with Facebook on the phone.

PLEASE!! Ask a citizen if he wants a cop approaching him for a "contact" if he's doing nothing wrong.

Do you really believe this crap? I'm walking down the street, driving down the road, etc..... minding my own business, doing nothing wrong, but I need to be stop by a dude with a badge and a gun because his chief says he needs to make a certain number of "contacts" a month.

Yeah, quotas don't exist. Keep telling yourself that and remember this quote at the same time:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
The_Craven
Joseph Goebbels quote

Sprayed2v

Established Member
From what my cop buddy says, they don't have a quota but they do have a system that the cop that gives the most tickets is super trooper of the month or some crap. Not worth being hated in my book but hey, va state troopers are some of the most hated cops around so what can ya do

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Any other jobs out there where there is a lot of negative public reaction to an employee who does their job well?

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
PLEASE!! Ask a citizen if he wants a cop approaching him for a "contact" if he's doing nothing wrong.

Do you really believe this crap? I'm walking down the street, driving down the road, etc..... minding my own business, doing nothing wrong, but I need to be stop by a dude with a badge and a gun because his chief says he needs to make a certain number of "contacts" a month.

Yeah, quotas don't exist. Keep telling yourself that and remember this quote at the same time:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
The_Craven
Joseph Goebbels quote
Driving down the road in a busy city you see thousands, if not tens of thousands of cars a day. I could literally pick out any of those vehicles and find violations to stop them for. Believe it or not, there are always going to be violations if you know traffic law. Does that mean you automatically get a citation when you get pulled over? Not at all, but that's part of my job, pulling people over for violations so they're aware of them. Again, there's no such thing as a quota. If some departments have a certain number of contacts you need a month to make sure you're not being a lazy slug who only responds to calls, so be it. You're not being forced to write citations. In fact most departments in their general orders encourage discretion.

Did you know lawyers pay off judges in exchange for getting their clients off? Yeah, I read it online, it's definitely true.

mcdover

Established Member
Driving down the road in a busy city you see thousands, if not tens of thousands of cars a day. I could literally pick out any of those vehicles and find violations to stop them for. Believe it or not, there are always going to be violations if you know traffic law. Does that mean you automatically get a citation when you get pulled over? Not at all, but that's part of my job, pulling people over for violations so they're aware of them. Again, there's no such thing as a quota. If some departments have a certain number of contacts you need a month to make sure you're not being a lazy slug who only responds to calls, so be it. You're not being forced to write citations. In fact most departments in their general orders encourage discretion.

Did you know lawyers pay off judges in exchange for getting their clients off? Yeah, I read it online, it's definitely true.

WTF?

See this right here is the attitude that pisses people off about cops. It's not about getting a citation, Comrade! It's about being stopped to "show your papers".

DAMN! Cops are telling us it's okay to stop people DOING NOTHING WRONG for "contacts" but don't find it necessary to step in when a family is getting assaulted by biker thugs. What is happening to this freaking country???!!!

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
WTF?

See this right here is the attitude that pisses people off about cops. It's not about getting a citation, Comrade! It's about being stopped to "show your papers".

DAMN! Cops are telling us it's okay to stop people DOING NOTHING WRONG for "contacts" but don't find it necessary to step in when a family is getting assaulted by biker thugs. What is happening to this freaking country???!!!

You have some difficulty with reading comprehension...

Users who are viewing this thread