Got Scammed! Need Legal Advice And Any Information On This Guy!

bright blue

Established Member
Just don't let your state attorney do to you what my state attorney did to me. I had my name forged on some documents at an insurance company. Both the insurance agent and the guy that forged them were in on it, and the state attorney told me over the phone that he didn't have time to look at a case as stupid as this. Every legal system told me that he was my only option to press charges and he put me off like I was the offender. Hopefully your attorney is better.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Nothing good yet. Spoke to the detective yesterday to get an update, he JUST recieved the bank records on Monday. He said that he quickly combed through them to verify that the money I gave him was deposited. The case hasn't been submitted to the State Attorney's office yet, he said hopefully by the end of this week. Then, the State Attorney has 21 days to review the case and make a decision. He also stated that no actions can be taken by the Sherrif's department (sieze truck, freeze accounts, arrest him). That is all decided by the State Attorney. Bullshit if you ask me, now I know why people take matters into their own hands, the law/legal system is so damn slow!

You should have direct filed with the State Attorneys office yourself. It is not bullshit as you are part to blame for this situation. You clearly did not protect yourself or your money so dont blame the Police or the SA for following the law and proper protocol.

SVT GI

Established Member
You should have direct filed with the State Attorneys office yourself. It is not bullshit as you are part to blame for this situation. You clearly did not protect yourself or your money so dont blame the Police or the SA for following the law and proper protocol.

I never blamed the PD or SA, in fact it is the protocol itself I'm blaming. I live by rules, regulations, and even unwritten rules in the military. Do I agree with all of them? No! But I have to enforce them so I understand. The detective has been very informative and showing interest in the case and that is most of what I can ask for. What IS bullshit, is the way this type of crime is handled. What happens at a scene of an accident if the driver is intoxicated and found to be a DUI? They go to jail right then and there. What happens if someone commits domestic violence/abuse? They get hauled off. So why if the detective has all the supporting evidence of a felony crime, can't go arrest the person NOW? As soon as this clown admitted everything on the phone with the detective, he should of picked him up.

As far as filing directly with the SA's office, I was unaware I could do so. I was following the directions given by the local PD, to go to the Sherrif's Department and file a report. The Sherrif's Department took it from there.

You are right, I guess I am part to blame. With that way of looking at things, you could say every victom in a crime is part to blame. What would you say to someone that was a victom of identity theft? You shouldn't of had an identity. You shouldn't of paid your bills online. You shouldn't of had a credit card. How about someone that had their car stolen? You shouldn't of parked your car there. C'mon. I have bought and sold 40 +/- cars in the last 20 years all over the country and have never ran into this issue. Now that I have, lesson learned.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I never blamed the PD or SA, in fact it is the protocol itself I'm blaming. I live by rules, regulations, and even unwritten rules in the military. Do I agree with all of them? No! But I have to enforce them so I understand. The detective has been very informative and showing interest in the case and that is most of what I can ask for. What IS bullshit, is the way this type of crime is handled. What happens at a scene of an accident if the driver is intoxicated and found to be a DUI? They go to jail right then and there. What happens if someone commits domestic violence/abuse? They get hauled off. So why if the detective has all the supporting evidence of a felony crime, can't go arrest the person NOW? As soon as this clown admitted everything on the phone with the detective, he should of picked him up.

The difference is clear. In the cases your hypothesize the officer is on the scene of the crime and can conduct a full investigation. They make both arrests with a distinct concern for the safety of individuals and the public at that moment. Your "crime" has to be investigated. Since the officer was not on scene he has to submit his evidence to the State Attorney for determination of whether they believe a crime was committed and if so can it be proven in a court of law with a conviction to follow. So, by Florida Constitution the officer may not arrest in such a situation without an arrest warrant and that needs clearance by the S.A.

As far as filing directly with the SA's office, I was unaware I could do so. I was following the directions given by the local PD, to go to the Sherrif's Department and file a report. The Sherrif's Department took it from there.

You can direct file. However, that does not mean it would take any less time, especially considering it is not a violent crime and is purely financial.

You are right, I guess I am part to blame. With that way of looking at things, you could say every victom in a crime is part to blame. What would you say to someone that was a victom of identity theft? You shouldn't of had an identity. You shouldn't of paid your bills online. You shouldn't of had a credit card. How about someone that had their car stolen? You shouldn't of parked your car there. C'mon. I have bought and sold 40 +/- cars in the last 20 years all over the country and have never ran into this issue. Now that I have, lesson learned.

A victim of identity theft is not to blame unless they were negligent in their actions by providing their identity without any due diligence. Additionally, rarely is the victim of a crime to blame. A rape victim is not to blame. A victim of strong arm robbery is not to blame. However, when a person is negligent in their actions and does not perform their due diligence and a financial crime occurs they are indeed part of the problem and cause as they could have likely prevented the entire situation with proper diligence and planning.

In this world today, with scams ever present, it is each individuals responsibility to safeguard themselves from financial crime. If a person does not take such responsibility and chooses to be trusting of individuals who have not earned such trust they are likely to be taken.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Wheels of justice turn slow.... What a bad situation, I feel bad for op. his biggest mistake, being trusting. To bad the world is this way

SVT GI

Established Member
Found out yesterday the warrant was finally issued and bond at $50K. They are currently out looking for him. To top it all off, now I am deploying in July for 6 months which puts me in a time crunch.

The next step is once they arrest him, they will call me in for a State Attorney's hearing and go from there. I sure hope they catch him before I deploy!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Wouldn't it be so ironic if this appeared before Adam.... LOL. Best of luck OP. This guy is CLEARLY a DB. Hopefully you get the truck AND this guy gets jail time.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
OMG I believe this is the same guy that scammed me on a kb kit for my 02 gt a few years back...name was spencer vivona at the time and lived near the miami area. called cops down that way and they could care less...filed a report with ny state and nothing...guy is a real scumb bag. i was able to get some info of the bank account he had with bank of america, my friend was able to flag the account and $900 of my money was there but of course i couldnt have it! :cuss:...gl in bringing this guy down!

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
This is the guy Justin

630d7e55.jpg

Real piece of garbage, wonder if he is still walking the streets..

Users who are viewing this thread