GTR vs GT2 vs ACR vs Z06

JDsfastGN

Established Member
lol at the GTR winning this turd of a shootout. I wish GM would release the Z with better tires as an option. I think it could do a lot better as is.

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
It's funny that you bring up that FACT about the GTR. I had the Motor trend article comparing the GTR, 911 Turbo, and the M3. The GTR they had for the that test couldn't even come close to their previous test, yet they were sent another car that ran similar #'s to the first. Hmmm...I'm betting that Nissan has been sending ringers the entire time :nono: :rollseyes, and now that the regular joe GTR's are showing up for these tests they aren't performing like what was suspected.

By the way, VIPER FOR THE WIN!!! That thing is downright badass looking, and absolutely destroyed the other cars on the track. I would take that care any day of week over all 3 of the others :rockon:

:werd: what happened to the 3.4 sec 0-60 times...and the consistent 11.9 1/4 times @ 118...that 3900 lb car is finally producing its true numbers...

did anyone notice where the Porsche is producing all of its torque???/ 2200RPM??/ wow...that's impressive....also 206 MPH top speed....phew....design design design

and the lap times??? how come all of a sudden it lost every car except tihe ZO6 which it barely outpaced....but yet in Germany it's 7 seconds faster when it was a prototype...

man..I couldn't imagine buying one in the US market and finding out it was actually a turd and you get drilled into the dirt whenever you face a ZO6 or Viper on the street..

Last edited:

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
It's funny that you bring up that FACT about the GTR. I had the Motor trend article comparing the GTR, 911 Turbo, and the M3. The GTR they had for the that test couldn't even come close to their previous test, yet they were sent another car that ran similar #'s to the first. :

I think you mean Car and Driver...I know they did a comparo with the new M3, GTR and 911 turbo (finishing in that order). But Motor trend could have done the same comparo.

They stated in the article that the GTR they were driving was running badly (terrible tranny noises, clunks) They stated it probably spent all of its 4k miles of life one launch at a time, but they also mentioned that since that test, they had already tested another GTR that was as quick as the first. Maybe these beat up test cars are running out of steam. I wanna see it against a regular 2009 viper, not sure why they used an ACR.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
While it was an absolute joke of an article, it is the best thing I have seen in a long time. Where are all the GTR lovers that think this car is the greatest thing since sliced bread? The GTR got DESTROYED in the performance comparison. On the same day, same conditions, and same track, it lost in the quarter mile by SEVEN TENTHS AND 13 MPH to a little 'ole Z06, not even the big bad ZR1. The ACR should have easily been in first or last, depending on if they wanted a track car comparison or a street car comparison. How it managed third is beyond me. I don't even care they gave the GTR first place, which is a joke, but as long as the performance data shows that this car is NOT the end all be all of performance cars like everyone would have you to believe is good enough for me. :beer:

+1, 111mph trap speeds..:lol: Don't get me wrong it's a great car, (and I bet it's capable of 115-116mph traps with a high 11 second e.t) but all the hype surrounding it was just absolutely ridiculous. That car will NEVER trap 122-124mph unless it's going downhill. The Z06 crushes it, as it should weighing 700lbs less with the same or more power. The Skyline is basically an EVO/STI with more power and technology. It might perform great on a tight track where grip is the determining factor, but when it comes to nearly every other performance aspect, physics wins; the lighter more powerful car will prevail. :beer:

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
How does car and driver go from running 11.5 @ 124mph back in may to 111mph? The first one must have been a ringer with a bit more power and this one an underpowered one because @ the world every mag is trapping @ 120mph.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
Damn that ACR is INSANELY fast around a track. I bet its within striking distance of setting the lap record at the nurburgring. Either way, they placed the slowest car 1st in a performance test. Ragazines....

Also, how in 4chan.org did the GTR score higher on exterior styling than the Z06...especially when they say in the lows, "not pretty." Just stupid.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
:werd: what happened to the 3.4 sec 0-60 times...and the consistent 11.9 1/4 times @ 118...that 3900 lb car is finally producing its true numbers...

did anyone notice where the Porsche is producing all of its torque???/ 2200RPM??/ wow...that's impressive....also 206 MPH top speed....phew....design design design

and the lap times??? how come all of a sudden it lost every car except tihe ZO6 which it barely outpaced....but yet in Germany it's 7 seconds faster when it was a prototype...

man..I couldn't imagine buying one in the US market and finding out it was actually a turd and you get drilled into the dirt whenever you face a ZO6 or Viper on the street..

The Porsche has very trick variable vain turbochargers, which makes me wonder why they listed "turbo lag" in the lows, since every other test I've watched/read claimed the car had absolutely none. It should be apparent by the peak torque at 2200rpm!

Also...if they had actually done the proportion on the price correctly, the Z06 would have recieved 19 points on the price comparison, bearing the GTR as the standard. Thats purely a fact. What a loaded, BS test. I mean if you look at it, the Z06 is $30k cheaper than the ACR, but receives the same amount of points on price?

edit: nvm I read it wrong :lol: But nonetheless, try finding a GTR for anything less than $100k once they go on sale...

Last edited:

turbosaleen

Established Member
?

I dont look at that either (notice I have a 2008 vette), but, I wouldnt mind if my supercar DID have good rear seat space and a spacious trunk.

Strange how the last 2 GTRs that Car and Driver has tested have been abnormally slow. The First test they did of the GTR, it ran faster than all of these cars (0-60 and 1/4 mile.) I hope it isnt a recurring trend.

the ONE gtr that nissan has been letting people test and has been runing around the ring ..

guess what its a factory hoped up car i have said since day ONE none of the production cars will come near its performance

Almo

Established Member
The Porsche has very trick variable vain turbochargers, which makes me wonder why they listed "turbo lag" in the lows, since every other test I've watched/read claimed the car had absolutely none. It should be apparent by the peak torque at 2200rpm!

They hit on something else as well, which makes no sense... the part where they basically say the Z is on the line between breaking out and gripping, much to the point where it feels heavier than all the rest being on the edge like it is. If anything a normal person with half a brain would be able to tell the Z is right at 50/50 when driving it and it would feel lighter rather than heavier as I about bet there is not much roll coming to the point of break out... hence having the rear fly out going over the edge a bit says the opposite of the feel of being heavy, it would feel light if anything at all.

G. El Dorado

Established Member
How does car and driver go from running 11.5 @ 124mph back in may to 111mph? The first one must have been a ringer with a bit more power and this one an underpowered one because @ the world every mag is trapping @ 120mph.

They actually went from 11.5@124 to 12.1@115 to 12.6@111.

Almo

Established Member
the ONE gtr that nissan has been letting people test and has been runing around the ring ..

guess what its a factory hoped up car i have said since day ONE none of the production cars will come near its performance

Hype hype hype... I agree, I believe lots have said and realize this about the GTR due to the numbers it laid down compared to what it would and should be putting down in stock form at 3800+ pounds. Speaking of which, few have showed dynos reporting a little over 400 to the wheels which are inline with the SAE %. Pending the dyno of course seeing how they have reported different numbers pending the dyno they have used.

I think the fan boys are playing too much into the scene and downplaying the obvious but a few more months and people will realize their Godzilla will not be much without mods.

Don't get me wrong... this car with lighter wheels, seats, and a few weight-reduction items added bringing it down maybe 200 to 300 pounds and being able to run 19/20 pounds (if the gearbox can take it) with new/larger turbos and this car will be like 03/04 Cobras. Meaning... simple bolt-ons and upping the boost will get these cars to 600 to 800 to the wheels pretty easy.

I still don't like the fact there is hype and misleading information being tossed out in the past. That and everyone playing it around the internet as it being the car of all cars and comparing it to vehicles like the Porsche CGT.

Last edited:

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
I love how every review of the Viper downs it for not having electronic nannies, OMG, imagine having to actually DRIVE your car on the track, what a concept.

I agree with jsd, the ZR1 should take the ACR in the 1/4, but the ACR should win on a roadcourse. And the GTR will be far behind both of them LOL

ghost96gt

Shoot to Thill
Established Member
I can never understand how they get the rankings the way they do the slowest car number one..... C/d reviews are like flipping a coin sometimes there great and sometimes they blow no middle ground.
I love how they call the z06 a big softie hahaha... But i do agree on the fact that the z06 needed different tires for the test... I have heard many drivers say one of the most important components of road racing is tires and how much of a difference they can make.... for example if the z06 had some Mich. pilot tires i am sure it would of done a hell of alot better pry 2 seconds on the track...

burnzilla

Established Member
They said the Z06 isn't a track car buts its comfortable on the road?
Quite the opposite actually.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
They said the Z06 isn't a track car buts its comfortable on the road?
Quite the opposite actually.

+1 I believe the first time C&D tested the Z, they said it was the greatest track car @ that price that has ever been built. Now all of a sudden they say it is not a great track car???????

95_XB331

Established Member
ACR owned on the track. And for most mags, the track numbers always win. This article made no sense.

It's a hack article, when you use subjective things as looks, NVH, trunk space, feel?, etc... someone else is pulling (or purchasing) the strings. Come on, I'm sure the ACR, as like in past Vipers, has the best/comfortable seats in the class hands down, for instance.

If you look at the performance numbers, the old-school 20 valve with big displacement gets the job done at the end of the day. How ironic.

Users who are viewing this thread