Guy with aftermarket seat post pics

Kevins89notch

Established Member
My 93 Cobra had a slight gangsta lean going on with the seat. I was browsing craigslist, and found these for $400.

recaro003Medium.jpg

I modified the factory seat bracket and...

seat007Medium.jpg

seat008Medium.jpg

No clue the model, but here's the only info I have from the seats.

recaro008Medium.jpg

seats009Medium.jpg

I LOVE these seats. Best mod EVER!!!!!!

Aftermarket seats don't look good in cars unless they have a rear seat delete. It just doesn't look good when the back seats don't match.

But with that said, since the back seat is rather useless to begin with, I think it looks great with a nice rear seat delete and some Corbeau seats. If not I'll take them stock.

I think mine go just fine with my back seat. To each their own.

chaoticdismay

dr. hobo
Established Member
The information is probably already in this thread and it may be a dumb question, but do all aftermarket seats put the seat closer to the floor? What about the ability to move the seat further back than stock?

My head is already pretty high towards the roof and I could use some more leg room (already at the furthest position back).

Quasar Z

Established Member
My seats are mounted with the Recaro brackets and they are probably a good two inches lower than stock seats. I recently put seat rail extenders on and that increased the height a good inch or so and is taking some time to get used to. I like the seat sitting lower since I am 6'6" and don't have a whole lot of extra room in this car.

PowerShiftz02gt

Established Member
Bump, I'm in the market for some harness belts.

Yeah same question here. How do you like the fixed back?

I have the corbeau forza seats and the fixed back does not bother me but I sit rather upright anyway no matter what seat I'm in. I find it not super comfortable but not uncomfortable either. The Fx1 looks to have more padding than my Forzas so I would image they are pretty comfy to sit in. I guess, if you usually lean back in your everyday seats, you may not want a fixed back..

Users who are viewing this thread