Heat Soak Explanation and why to consider a Revan Racing Dual Fan Heat Exchanger

Van@RevanRacing

I posted this middle of 2010. go to the first page for my discussion on Ambient and convective heat soak.

Thanks

van

Last edited:

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
I posted this middle of 2010. go to the first page for my discussion on Ambient and convective heat soak.

Thanks

van

Thanks Van for bringing this thread back for informative purposes. I see there was the same know it alls invading this thread back in early 2011 with their non-constructive posts. Its good to know a vendor out there has the conclusive data to support their products and help consumers make a good choice on the right products to buy for different applications of the cars use. Great vendor support...

Van@RevanRacing

Since heat exchanger questions are popping back up again I figured I'd provide it as an informational point.

Many of the current product offerings by other brands forget their original claims. When I first came to market with the dual fan heat exchanger ALL OTHER manufacturers stated that a heat exchanger DOES NOT need fans. Within a year the first example of R&D popped up, (Research & Duplicate)

Now they are plentiful. For those of you wanting the reasoning behind the dual fan heat exchanger, here you go.

Van

ytix

Banned
When I first came to market with the dual fan heat exchanger ALL OTHER manufacturers stated that a heat exchanger DOES NOT need fans.
Van

Holy thread revivification!

I seem to recall AFCO had a Lightning fanned unit way back in the day before the 07 GT500 was even a twinkle in Carroll's eye. Lightning and Termi owners were home-brewing fans awhile back, too.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...cooler-spal-fan-push-pull.html?highlight=spal
*** WHO MAKES A FAN KIT FOR FLUIDYNE HEAT EXCHANGER*** - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com
Spal Intercooler fans? - F150online Forums

barspen

Established Member
* Warning - Newbee question * :banana:

If I order a Heat Exchanger and/or High performance radiator, how do I find a competent shop to do the install? I'm starting to feel comfortable doing some mods myself (suspension, induction), but I would rather let someone handle this job which seem a bit more involved. Many of the local shops I have run into seems to have good general knowledge, but also cut corners, IMHO.

Maybe a better question to ask is...what do I ask an Auto shop in order to feel confident they know what the hell they are doing when doing substantial modification to an incredible care, like a GT500.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but when making an upgrade investment, like a major cooling system overhaul, I want some reassurance that I wont be back at the shop every couple of weeks dealing with complications.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

* Warning - Newbee question * :banana:

If I order a Heat Exchanger and/or High performance radiator, how do I find a competent shop to do the install? I'm starting to feel comfortable doing some mods myself (suspension, induction), but I would rather let someone handle this job which seem a bit more involved. Many of the local shops I have run into seems to have good general knowledge, but also cut corners IMHO.

Maybe a better question to ask is...what do I ask an Auto shop in order to feel confident they know what the hell they are doing when doing substantial modification to an incredible ride.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but when making an upgrade investment, like a major cooling system overhaul, I want some reassurance that I wont be back at the shop every couple of weeks dealing with complications.

This is not a crazy modification. Plenty of people do it on their own which means local shops will be able to do it. The instructions are self explanatory and most general repair shops can do the installation.

With the provided instructions you could probably do the installation at home. It's not terribly difficult.

Call me if you have any questions.

Van

Imatk

Established Member
This is not a crazy modification. Plenty of people do it on their own which means local shops will be able to do it. The instructions are self explanatory and most general repair shops can do the installation.

With the provided instructions you could probably do the installation at home. It's not terribly difficult.

Van

Yep agreed... I'm no mechanic by any means and I did it :)

It was pretty straightforward .

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-shelby-gt500-150/886555-revan-he-installation.html

Last edited:

Blown_'93

Established Member

Van

I installed mine with a few friends....about a 4 hr deal to do RIGHT. Hardest part was just making the wiring look factory. It is not tough at all....just take your time. Van picked up the phone everytime I called with a question and walked me through the process. Killer customer service. The kit is VERY well made with Beefy Dual relays....much better than competitors....last thing I wanted to do is rip it apart again for a failed relay.

Said it before....Thanks Van for a great product and awesome Customer service!!

heatsoaked12

Established Member
What kind of timing should I expect during a wide open throttle pull before and after heat exchanger like this.

Van@RevanRacing

What kind of timing should I expect during a wide open throttle pull before and after heat exchanger like this.

Very broad spectrum based question. What is max timing on your tune?What's your IAT2 retard table set at? What supercharger? What Density altitude? What Fuel? How much boost?

What it all really boils down to is where is your car pulling timing now? How can we improve upon it.

Van

barspen

Established Member
Thanks

Yep agreed... I'm no mechanic by any means and I did it :)

It was pretty straightforward .

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-shelby-gt500-150/886555-revan-he-installation.html

Thanks for the install link...and I appreciate the feedback. It doesn't look too tough...For some reason removing\replacing the front bumper freaks me out more than the install or wiring. :shrug:

Debating on finishing up suspension work (UCA and FRPP Shocks\Struts) or cooling upgrade next month. Since heat soak is pretty significant in Phoenix, the HE upgrade seems like a worthwhile project for a DD and occasional track days.

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks for the install link...and I appreciate the feedback. It doesn't look too tough...For some reason removing\replacing the front bumper freaks me out more than the install or wiring. :shrug:

Debating on finishing up suspension work (UCA and FRPP Shocks\Struts) or cooling upgrade next month. Since heat soak is pretty significant in Phoenix, the HE upgrade seems like a worthwhile project for a DD and occasional track days.

Don't fear the bumper clip!!

For DD and occasional track you can't beat it.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Very broad spectrum based question. What is max timing on your tune?What's your IAT2 retard table set at? What supercharger? What Density altitude? What Fuel? How much boost?

What it all really boils down to is where is your car pulling timing now? How can we improve upon it.

Van

Bone stock 12 with a 170 thermostat and that's it.

Van@RevanRacing

Bringing this thread back up as more and more heat exchanger questions are popping up again and this complete thread provides a lot of sound information and data.

Users who are viewing this thread