Hennessey HPE700 Upgrade for a 2011-13 Boss 302/GT 5.0L

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Never met the man, just curious as to why anyone with a successful business gets bashed on.

he gets bashed on because of his shady business practices, stealing from one customer to make another one happy, failing to deliver on his promises, flat out stealing from his customers, claiming to put in parts and charging for those parts and then never putting them in. the list goes on and on. I don't think he has won a single lawsuit that has been filed against him.
Seems like people is jealous?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: jealous of what? his ability to lie, cheat, and steal successfully? his shitty reputation? or maybe his money or lack of ingegrity? absolutely nothing there to be jealous of sport. I would rather be poor and have my integrity than a rich **** that has none.
Actually, if you owned your own business, you may actually understand.
understand what? that you can lie, cheat, and steal and still stay in business? that you can build a business on the back of unhappy customers? not much to understand here at all.
For the record, I could careless about Hennessy.
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
it's funny how these houston texas hennessey homers can never seem to explain why everyone is "jealous" of hennessey, but not lingenfelter or underground racing:lol:

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
I'm not saying he's not done any of that. There are other local shops that are slammed with work, and people run their mouths and bash them because of this and that. I'm well aware of stuff he's done wrong, I've read the forums. Why get so offensive?

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
he gets bashed on because of his shady business practices, stealing from one customer to make another one happy, failing to deliver on his promises, flat out stealing from his customers, claiming to put in parts and charging for those parts and then never putting them in. the list goes on and on. I don't think he has won a single lawsuit that has been filed against him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: jealous of what? his ability to lie, cheat, and steal successfully? his shitty reputation? or maybe his money or lack of ingegrity? absolutely nothing there to be jealous of sport. I would rather be poor and have my integrity than a rich **** that has none.
understand what? that you can lie, cheat, and steal and still stay in business? that you can build a business on the back of unhappy customers? not much to understand here at all.
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Well he deserves what's coming to him. But, for some reason people keep coming back to him. He's still in business, and making money. Would I take my car to him? Hell no.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I'm not saying he's not done any of that. There are other local shops that are slammed with work, and people run their mouths and bash them because of this and that. I'm well aware of stuff he's done wrong, I've read the forums. Why get so offensive?

this is not in smackdown yet so I will refrain from giving you the answer you so richly deserve.

Bloo

Established Member
SOOO...i'm new to this whole ordeal about Hennessey's shady business practices. My point of view after reading this thread and some of the links on it is:

In order to have work done at Hennessey, you not only need to pay their ridiculous prices but go out of your way AFTER the work has been done to make sure the work was actually done? LMAO. No thanks.

Ry_trappo - First of all, thank you for the major lolz you've already provided. But, care to elaborate how this dudes still in business after losing all the lawsuits he's faced? He's either got to be extremely well off, or have some great deep throating skills.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
SOOO...i'm new to this whole ordeal about Hennessey's shady business practices. My point of view after reading this thread and some of the links on it is:

In order to have work done at Hennessey, you not only need to pay their ridiculous prices but go out of your way AFTER the work has been done to make sure the work was actually done? LMAO. No thanks.

Ry_trappo - First of all, thank you for the major lolz you've already provided. But, care to elaborate how this dudes still in business after losing all the lawsuits he's faced? He's either got to be extremely well off, or have some great deep throating skills.

Somewhere, somehow he's doing something right. You would think, he would of shut shop down a long time ago..

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member

a couple excerpts from one of the aforementioned stories about hennessey...
"Just to recap my story, I sent $142,500 and a brand new Viper to John [******] after reading Motor Trend’s gushing article on [******]’s Venom 800 in April 2001."
"I realize that if I had hung out on the forums instead of just trusting the car mags before my adventures with John [******] that I probably wouldn’t have the experiences I did."
basically, people that can afford to pay his bat shit prices are FAR more likely to pick up an issue of motortrend or car & driver and read the car reviews that are borderline paid press releases than they are to go on an internet forum and get some real information. although, i think it's mostly ignorance rather than laziness. make note that both automobile mag and car & driver ran articles about how much of a piece of shit john hennessey is(quoted in my post a few pages back), yet they still cover his cars:nonono:
on the other hand, shops that specialize in mustangs and the like don't last long when they **** people over, because their target customer base is much more likely to be active on the internet. the lesson to be learned here? if you want to make a business out of scamming people, aim high! you're more likely to get away with it!:lol1::nonono:

Somewhere, somehow he's doing something right. You would think, he would of shut shop down a long time ago..
the company has changed names a few times

Last edited:

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
a couple excerpts from one of the aforementioned stories about hennessey...
"Just to recap my story, I sent $142,500 and a brand new Viper to John [******] after reading Motor Trend’s gushing article on [******]’s Venom 800 in April 2001."
"I realize that if I had hung out on the forums instead of just trusting the car mags before my adventures with John [******] that I probably wouldn’t have the experiences I did."
basically, people that can afford to pay his bat shit prices are FAR more likely to pick up an issue of motortrend or car & driver and read the car reviews that are borderline paid press releases than they are to go on an internet forum and get some real information. although, i think it's mostly ignorance rather than laziness. make note that both automobile mag and car & driver ran articles about how much of a piece of shit john hennessey is(quoted in my post a few pages back), yet they still cover his cars:nonono:
on the other hand, shops that specialize in mustangs and the like don't last long when they **** people over, because their target customer base is much more likely to be active on the internet. the lesson to be learned here? if you want to make a business out of scamming people, aim high! you're more likely to get away with it!:lol1::nonono:

the company has changed names a few times

Really? Unaware of this

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Actually, if you owned your own business, you may actually understand.

I own my own business so I can comment and say that I absolutely understand. I've told many people it's easy to make money if you have no morals. If you don't care about f'n people it's rather easy to succeed.

You obviously have this all figured out already.

Users who are viewing this thread