How NOT to do a burnout

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
LOL I have one where some dumbass takes his crapmaro out to some farm road. he does a "burnout". wound up smoking his clutch rather than his tires

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
This video makes me genuinely angry. I am sure there are plenty of knowledgeable corvette owners, but there are certainly a whole bunch who couldn't tell the difference between an oil filter and a spark plug.

For anyone who is curious, you only barely press the brakes while doing a burnout, not slam them down like that guy did. (or maybe he had the parking brake on!)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
looks like he just got the car and didnt know how to do a burnout, especially since he went to pop the hood and popped the trunk on accident.

even still, thats burnout failure. destroying a clutch is the worst smell ever and is so hard to mistake with the smell of burning rubber......even the sound burning rubber creates.

This video makes me genuinely angry. I am sure there are plenty of knowledgeable corvette owners, but there are certainly a whole bunch who couldn't tell the difference between an oil filter and a spark plug.

there seriously arent plenty. Not enough actually, id say 5, maybe 10% (at best) of Vette owners actually know wtf they are doing. The rest think their base C6 is gods gift to the world and can dominate everything. hell my ex-boss has a base auto C5 and was trying to say he didnt want to race a bunch of cars whenever they pull up in fear of hurting their feelings. I laugh it off but its pretty sad how narrow minded he is when it comes to his precious corvette.

its funny, we had the post on the vette forum a while back about 03/04 Cobras, and the guys who were like "wtf is that slow pos?" or "its only just another supercharged mustang" were usually stock and though their vette was the shit, and all the guys going "dude, dont **** with 03/04 Cobras" and coming to the defense of the Terminators were usually guys with modified C5/C6Z's that new their shit and have been in the automotive aftermarket world for quite some time.

I love Vettes, but damn, i just wish there were more good Vette owners out there.

Last edited:

canibus

Established Member
I know he wasn't going anywhere, but what was the camera guy thinking when he walked infront of the car. Had he released the brakes, bye bye camera man.

GotGrunt

Established Member
there seriously arent plenty. Not enough actually, id say 5, maybe 10% (at best) of Vette owners actually know wtf they are doing. The rest think their base C6 is gods gift to the world and can dominate everything. hell my ex-boss has a base auto C5 and was trying to say he didnt want to race a bunch of cars whenever they pull up in fear of hurting their feelings. I laugh it off but its pretty sad how narrow minded he is when it comes to his precious corvette.

its funny, we had the post on the vette forum a while back about 03/04 Cobras, and the guys who were like "wtf is that slow pos?" or "its only just another supercharged mustang" were usually stock and though their vette was the shit, and all the guys going "dude, dont **** with 03/04 Cobras" and coming to the defense of the Terminators were usually guys with modified C5/C6Z's that new their shit and have been in the automotive aftermarket world for quite some time.

I love Vettes, but damn, i just wish there were more good Vette owners out there.

There are retards in every bunch ;-)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlDLybhuOH0"]YouTube- MUSTANG GTR[/ame]

Last edited:

InKogNigRow

Established Member
I Dont Feel bad at all.. Look at the water they had poured on the ground in front of the rear tires... I work In a Chemical plant that could create a 10 mile creator.. And I work with the the Biggest Dummies in the world that will go out and by C6 vettes.. and Destroy them in 2 years..

I actually bought a Kenne Bell 03 Cobra from a Millionair bridge builder on here that was Clueless just like this guy.. When I bought It he said His Z06 was on Order and Dropping it off to MTI for a TT.. It was probably him in the Video..

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I know he wasn't going anywhere, but what was the camera guy thinking when he walked infront of the car. Had he released the brakes, bye bye camera man.

camera guy prolly knew it was clutch he was burning, and with roasting the clutch that much, the car wasnt going anywhere anyways......

bullittrevor

Established Member
I Dont Feel bad at all.. Look at the water they had poured on the ground in front of the rear tires... I work In a Chemical plant that could create a 10 mile creator.. And I work with the the Biggest Dummies in the world that will go out and by C6 vettes.. and Destroy them in 2 years..

I actually bought a Kenne Bell 03 Cobra from a Millionair bridge builder on here that was Clueless just like this guy.. When I bought It he said His Z06 was on Order and Dropping it off to MTI for a TT.. It was probably him in the Video..
lol

Last edited:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
You have to be completely stupid to do that. I've done many a stand-still burnout, and when the tires aren't spinning, YOU CAN TELL. Clueless about cars, these idiots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread