I am paying to have all of this done to my GT500.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
They leak and don't make any power.... If you want to dump a ton of money just for sound then go ahead but you'll be disappointed. Personally I have Long tubes and love them.

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks for the info. Let me discuss with Van :)

This will change the exhaust tone which we have discussed.

Alternatively, yes long tubes help with power at the top end of the rpm range.

My car 775 rwhp at 16 lbs of boost through shorty headers MS103

Another customer car 735 rwhp at 16 lbs of boost shorty headers 93 octane

Long tube headers will have to be seriously manipulated to clear the steering shaft and Griggs SLA front K-Member.

It can be done. I did it on my car but it is a PITA.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
This will change the exhaust tone which we have discussed.

Alternatively, yes long tubes help with power at the top end of the rpm range.

My car 775 rwhp at 16 lbs of boost through shorty headers MS103

Another customer car 735 rwhp at 16 lbs of boost shorty headers 93 octane

Long tube headers will have to be seriously manipulated to clear the steering shaft and Griggs SLA front K-Member.

It can be done. I did it on my car but it is a PITA.

and those are the reasons why FRPP shorties are in the build :) I don't want them leaking though...

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
Hahahaha. Wish I had some smart ones like you. Can't wait to see it done. You'll have to swing it by when you're done. I've never seen the Grigg stuff on these cars yet.

I will certainly bring it over for you to see. I am sorry I didn't choose the TT route (sorry because it would have helped you with your R&D). I hope that project, and everything else, is going well for you.

Van@RevanRacing

and those are the reasons why FRPP shorties are in the build :) I don't want them leaking though...

I have not had any shorties leak.

Yea but the cars would of made the same power with same mods and stock manifolds.

Most likely but there is a weight savings too with the shorties which is an objective of the overall build as well.

I don't disagree with long tubes. I've used and love them. However, the customer is in California and we have to consider emissions.

Van

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
I have not had any shorties leak.

Most likely but there is a weight savings too with the shorties which is an objective of the overall build as well.

I don't disagree with long tubes. I've used and love them. However, the customer is in California and we have to consider emissions.

Van

to make everyone happy--I will use short ones on one side and long ones on the other...

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
You can use it as a hood ornament for all I care.... A weight savings of 10lbs of static weight? Not worth the money.

Now unsprung weight or rotational weight is a different story.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
worth it to me...and it isn't shorties instead of reducing unsprung or rotational weight...you are operating on the fallacy of limited funds (at least in my case)...

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
lol...I just meant that I'm not spending money on shorties instead of other more important items...I have the money to do whatever I would like to do with this build...

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
Well if you got the money then buy away sir.

thank you--and I do appreciate your advice--I pay attention to all of it...please chime in when you have an opinion (like you did with the shorties and the strut tower brace) :)

Can I have some of your monies?

when you offer services and products like Van at Revan--YES :)

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
You can use it as a hood ornament for all I care.... A weight savings of 10lbs of static weight? Not worth the money.

Now unsprung weight or rotational weight is a different story.

What's it matter, not like its your money lol.

OP, looking forward to seeing some progress, should be nasty!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I mean I was mainly talking about you just PP-ing me money lol.. I can provide a thank you and a card?? lol.

CPRsm

I will certainly bring it over for you to see. I am sorry I didn't choose the TT route (sorry because it would have helped you with your R&D). I hope that project, and everything else, is going well for you.

No problem. When you come by we can do some further "testing" and see how you feel about your purchase lol. :lol: JFWY

Who did you tap for the install ?

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
What's it matter, not like its your money lol.

OP, looking forward to seeing some progress, should be nasty!

I think Robert is just trying to look out for me and my GT500--and for that I am thankful...

And I will post throughout the process (pictures and any narrative)---just waiting for parts to start rolling in...gotta send my block to L&M and that will happen this coming week...

Users who are viewing this thread