I got a joke for you guys. 03 Cobra vs 2010 Taurus SHO

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Like some of the others guys have said, bet him a few hundred and take his money. Someone has to teach him a lesson in speed at some point, why don’t you do him the favor :shrug:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I would have never fiqured a Cobra even being compared to a Taurus. But...Okay. :dw:

In this case it's a no brainer, but there have been Cobras in the past that would probably make for a good race with a new SHO.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The SHO is 4200 lbs and wont stand a chance against a stock cobra from a roll, let a lone a ported one. It takes a lot less effort to get 3800 lbs moving than 4200, and the 3800 has more tq to do it with. No brainer.

Good call as well.

AWD isnt the end-all-be-all of launching. A good driver with the right tires will be able to get a good enough launch to negate a shitty 18yo with AWD from a dig.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Well here's my .02 cents and I have both cars. I ran my wife's SHO at the track in 90+ degree weather and it ran a 8.73 @ 84mph lol. So you better hook up and move out because if it has a Tune only if you miss a gear you'll get walked. Or if you spin you'll be behind in a hurry and you'll be playing catch up.

My wifes car will flat out pull hard up until 130mph and with the 6spd auto in it is flat out impressive. Haven't gone over 130 but I would imagine it'll pull until 140 or so pretty easily.

If I punch hers in good cool weather it'll chirp the tires at 30mph on the downshift.:dw:

Now you should win easily but you have to drive a decent race and he just has to floor it. If he's bone stock you should easily kill him.

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
Your car has 1/2 a second and 5 mph on a SHO at worst. You're going to crush him.

5.0Lightning

Established Member
Your car has 1/2 a second and 5 mph on a SHO at worst. You're going to crush him.

Good point but....

AWD and an auto makes his race easy (SHO Owner). If the cobra spins or has shifting issues a 1/2 second is easy to make up. A 12.5 car can roll out on a 12.0 car if you don't have to worry about mistakes.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1 on money. There's to much crap to really race for pinks and i'm sure if he lost, he would keep driving and vin diesel will go fetch your car. I would bet money and just race to shut him up.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
i dont see what you are worried about. your car is putting down almost 200hp more to the ground than his SHO is. You are putting down a little over 100 hp than what his car is rated to put out to the flywheel. if he is stock you are going to absolutely rape him. i would not second guess racing this car if he is 100% stock. also how does a 18 year old kid afford a almost 40,000 dollar vehicle.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Hey OP...with the mods you have I think you will beat him pretty bad assuming you can drive.
However, just for comparison..here is a tuned SHO vs a 375 RWHp new 5.0 Mustang

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8LoBSKMEI8"]YouTube - Livernois Tuned 2010 Taurus SHO vs 2011 5.0 Mustang GT[/nomedia]

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
Is the Taurus modded? They can be tuned to be pretty quick. What do you run in thwe 1/4 mile? Check out these SHO videos on You-Tube.

YouTube - Livernois Tuned 2010 Taurus SHO vs 2011 5.0 Mustang GT

YouTube - Livernois Tuned 12-Second Taurus SHO's at Milan

Seems like a easy win, just don't mess up your launch. and the G8 in the first vid sounded nasty.

You should trap 10mph faster then these modded SHOs in the vid you will pull away unless he has a 150 shot hidden.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Well he's 18, just bought the car and thinks it's the fastest thing out there! Heck we've all been there! I thought my old 91 GT was soooo fast! The kid is going to have a wake up call!
Yeah... I would perjure myself before admitting to some of the stupid shit I said about the Saab 9000 Turbo I got when I was 18. Okay, it's just one number in particular I told a couple of guys before educating myself, but I thought I could beat just about anything in that car. In my defense, when the model was introduced in 1986 it was the second quickest 0-60 sedan in the world, behind only the original M5.

OP, do it. For money, or hell even pinks if his name is on the title. :D Keep us posted... :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread