I got screwed over!

Stinger2007

Established Member
Easy....

wow sorry I was in a hurry to write up this post, but I guess everyone seems to be "english major" plus sorry I'm a neebie I guess you all started as pro's? damn I guess im the only one that isn't perfect. anyways I was trying to cut the story short but it seems the "old timers" are chewing me up. So .. I was going to clean my intercooler off on sunday and I was taking it apart with my cousin ooo ya for you old timers cuz was just short for cousin. and we ran into some trouble taking off the SC oo ya that means super charger. I asked here (the pro's) if I needed any special tools to take off the SC to clean out my intercooler and turns out I needed an impact wrench. SO I didnt get a chance to clean out my intercooler. I was going to ask if you guy ran into that same problem but I guess not! Since you guys never FU** up or anything.

The guys here are just ribbing you a little. Don't take it personal, everyone has gotten ribbed before.:poke:

And no, not everyone are professionals but, many of the guys here are, or at least in the industry. So they are use to professionalism to some degree, even when it comes down to simple questions. You will receive much help, keep yo spirits up, no malace intended here.:beer:

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
No special tools needed. Just take your time and remember where everything goes. If you need a hand I dont live too far from you. I work for Galpin Ford.

txyaloo

Established Member
wow sorry I was in a hurry to write up this post, but I guess everyone seems to be "english major" plus sorry I'm a neebie I guess you all started as pro's? damn I guess im the only one that isn't perfect. anyways I was trying to cut the story short but it seems the "old timers" are chewing me up. So .. I was going to clean my intercooler off on sunday and I was taking it apart with my cousin ooo ya for you old timers cuz was just short for cousin. and we ran into some trouble taking off the SC oo ya that means super charger. I asked here (the pro's) if I needed any special tools to take off the SC to clean out my intercooler and turns out I needed an impact wrench. SO I didnt get a chance to clean out my intercooler. I was going to ask if you guy ran into that same problem but I guess not! Since you guys never FU** up or anything.

Please explain to us how we were supposed to get the description above from this question:

wow that freaken sucks plus I didn't know if I needs a timing belt to tighten the SC belt back or does it sretch out? plus it doesn't show pics what to do with the SC?

I don't think that's what you asked. Most people on here (the "pro's" as you say) aren't going to read a post that looks like a text message with no punctuation. I know it makes my eyes hurt. Try writing like an adult in legible sentences, and I'm sure you'll get much more help.

Pretty much everyone on here is willing to help, and they're all a tight group. I'm sure if you don't come off with an attitude, anyone will be glad to help you. If you have an attitude like above, I have a feeling you won't be around for long.

Anyway, as for your question, you shouldn't need any special tools like an impact to remove the blower or the IC. Now, if your truck was a northern truck or has been exposed to some harsh weather, you may need some penetrating liquid like PB Blaster to get the bolts broken loose. It seems like I go through a gallon of the stuff any time I work on the truck because it was neglected before I got it. :beer:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
:-D

intellectual_capacity.jpg

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Using an impact gun anywhere within the engine bay isn't needed. The bolts are toqued to 33 ft. lbs. so try a breaker bar or similar to break them free. You'll have to lean on them since thier location far back makes getting leverage more difficult.

Not getting them off isn't a problem, breaking a bolt off would be.

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
You will most likely find a fair amount of corrosion on them, this should be the cause of your problem. Get yourself some Anti-seize and put a small amount on each bolt when replacing them, you may need to wire brush the crud off first..

Hilander

Established Member
This thread made me laugh, thanks guys :banana:

Using an inpact wrench anywhere in the engine bay would scare me. Like Bob and others have said WD40 etc is your friend, stripped bolts are no fun at all.

svt-lightning99

Established Member
I knew when the price of the L's dropped we all were in trouble.

oo wow so you get off of cheap kicks like that? I'm not a pro but it seems like I guess only people either with money or that have a BA's (in head up there asses) ok you don't get that I was in a hurry at work plus the computer at work is slow. but I GUESS NO ONE CAN GIVE ME A BREAK:fm:
I just had trouble getting the bolts off there and I'm getting chewed up for that and what I wrote man some help this is only maybe 3 of 4 people answered the rest just have way too big ego's and think just b/c they have a L there pro here is some advise there is always someone faster then you! what your going to tell me? that my truck is slow? or that I'm just a neebie? well at least this neebie hasn't blown his engine now:lol1:

oo ya this message isn't for everyone here just these that have a bigger ego then there own L!

svt-lightning99

Established Member
Using an impact gun anywhere within the engine bay isn't needed. The bolts are toqued to 33 ft. lbs. so try a breaker bar or similar to break them free. You'll have to lean on them since thier location far back makes getting leverage more difficult.

Not getting them off isn't a problem, breaking a bolt off would be.

thanks but I did use a torque wrench I forgot what ft. lbs. I had it at but is there an extention to make it eazier? or something b/c I had alot of trouble

Users who are viewing this thread