I went rice.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Thanks for the comments. If anyone is familiar with the Dallas area I took the 635 to 35 ramp at 85 and it held it with no problems. haha

GoatSlayer

Banned
I've been wanting to get back into the autoX scene for a while so yesterday I traded in my 09 F150 on a 09 STi. Blue with the Gold BBS wheels. Fully loaded. It's a blast to drive and launching it is a ton of fun. Not near the power of my Cobra but it handles on rails. Looking forward to taking it to the track soon.

Mods are K&N FIPK, HKS BOV, Cobb Stage 2 CM and SPT Catback. I'm going to tint the windows and just drive it for now. I'm sure I'll put a down pipe on eventually. Car puts down 312/294 to all wheels. Flame on.

Here is the only pic I have at the moment.

208988_795149786635_34413883_39608898_3042143_n.jpg

Good ride. No need to be flamed. I like the hatch better. Sedans after 2006 look like ****ing KIAs and shit

mustangmike01

Established Member
Nice. Not rice at all!! Lose the BOV, get a stock one asap!! The stock once can hold a lot of power and boost. Im still running my stock with no problems!

hmm I hope its not running the cobb stage 2 map with stock dp!! I would put a dp on and get a protune! ITs fun with just that. I wish I would of stopped there. after that is gets pricey!!

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Love it! Just ditch the BOV before anything else like others have said. My cousins 07 (a way different car but...) still runs great and produces plenty of Blow Off sound with the stocker. He has full catted exhaust, intake, and pro tune and it runs really strong for what it is, 280/320. You do not need a BOV on a subie unless your running 20+lbs (according to Agile Auto in Md).

Last edited:

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Thanks for all the comments. I have the stock BOV in a box that came with the car. I need to check and see if it even has a DP. I haven't been able to contact him with exact details on the car. All I know is what I've posted based on what his buddy told me and showed me the Dyno sheet. I haven't had the time to go though the car yet. I'm going to try to go to the Cobb meet tomorrow night in Plano and hopefully I can learn more about the car there. The parts have been put on with those guys. Any scoob guys know anyone in this area who wants to trade my catback with one with the titanium tips? You'd whoop my floof killer ;) haha

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
I don't really care about the BOV sound either way. I've just heard mixed stories. Some say it holds boost better than stock. If it's tuned for it, keep it. And I've heard it causes it to run rich and it could damage the motor. So I'm not really sure what I want to do with it yet. How easy is it to switch out?

mustangmike01

Established Member
My tuner said the stock one holds find and mine dose and I hit 24psi on the dyno and it hold, no leaks with the stock one. And do not crush it either I did that and he said you do not need to do this. Im not saying hes 100% but Cobb said hes one of the best tuners in the us. So I would take his word over what I read online.

Use the stock with a cai and it will be as loud.

"I've heard it causes it to run rich and it could damage the motor" true!!! Because you're venting metered air but not fuel so she runs rich!!! Even if its tune its still doing this and so the tuner could of made the car lean so it dose not run so rich and thats not good!!!

not hard at all two bolts and a clamp. You can reuse the gaskit or just get a stock new one. And there is a vac. line you need to reconnect.

I would still get my own tune on the car just to make shore it was done right and not right on the edge. And look online for the best tuner around you're area. On the subaru sites. Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Hope that helps you out.

Users who are viewing this thread