I would like advice on my termi so i dont break it

laterbra

Established Member
well what i did today was purchase a spec stage 3+ clutch 10 spline input shaft. steeda told me that it was pointless unless i had like 600 whp so he saved me money there, i also purchased the steeda quadrant and adjuster with cable. not oem cable.
is it that bad of a deal going aftermarket cable?.
from toronto brother

laterbra

Established Member
You are eventually going to regret buying a NON OE clutch cable.

its not to late to cancel it. the order is going in tomorrow afternoon.
why would i regret it? and also can the quadrant and adjuster i order lets say from fiore be used on a stock cable? i just thought it all came as one piece

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
well what i did today was purchase a spec stage 3+ clutch 10 spline input shaft.

It sounds like you ordered a clutch and a shaft, Don't buy a 10 spline input shaft unless you are sure you need one. That is what you ALREADY have in the T56. Pull that trans out first and you can inspect and order what you need.

DO get one if these D&D Performance - BC24 T-56 Billet Cobra Guide Tube

Stock guide tubes are stamped steel and prone to breaking. They are $20 cheaper than Lethal and this is where Lethal buys them.

Get a Ford Racing Heavy Duty Throwout Bearing (around $50) and a Ford Roller Pilot bearing ($10) while you are at it as well.

laterbra

Established Member
sorry i typed it wrong. i bought a spec 3+ that is for the 10 spline. mine if fine. but also this clutch kit comes with the throw out bearing and pilot bearing

mach1033

Established Member
well what i did today was purchase a spec stage 3+ clutch 10 spline input shaft. steeda told me that it was pointless unless i had like 600 whp so he saved me money there, i also purchased the steeda quadrant and adjuster with cable. not oem cable.
is it that bad of a deal going aftermarket cable?.
from toronto brother

I'm surprised Steeda told you not to get the 26 spline considering how weak the 10 spline is. Guys have snapped them at much lower HP levels than 600 hp. Do a search on here and you will see what I am talking about.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
sorry i typed it wrong. i bought a spec 3+ that is for the 10 spline. mine if fine. but also this clutch kit comes with the throw out bearing and pilot bearing

Great, I wanted to make sure.

STILL DO get one if these D&D Performance - BC24 T-56 Billet Cobra Guide Tube
D&D Performance - BC24 T-56 Billet Cobra Guide Tube

This is a wear item and a known problem with these cars. If you don't replace it with the rest of the stuff you are doing you will need to pull the tranny way sooner than you want to and replace it anyhow. I am doing mine this weekend.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
I'm surprised Steeda told you not to get the 26 spline considering how weak the 10 spline is. Guys have snapped them at much lower HP levels than 600 hp. Do a search on here and you will see what I am talking about.

Well, I can see it... The odds of breaking (twisting) one at near stock power levels is pretty slim.

FWIW for anecdotal evidence my car is ~600whp, and I still am running the 10 spline shaft. Borrowed time? Perhaps, but spending the money on doing the shaft seems like a waste until I need it.

mach1033

Established Member
Well, I can see it... The odds of breaking (twisting) one at near stock power levels is pretty slim.

FWIW for anecdotal evidence my car is ~600whp, and I still am running the 10 spline shaft. Borrowed time? Perhaps, but spending the money on doing the shaft seems like a waste until I need it.

I hear what you are saying but being that it's all out anyway you might as well do it and have some piece of mind. From the OP's avatar it looks like he drag races and he will be on borrowed time.

laterbra

Established Member
yes i do drag race. not every weekend tho. its a maby 4-5 times a year thing. the nearest race track is 2 hours away from me.
i figured this,

i have a local friend thats willing to sell his spec3+ 26 spline clutch with input shaft and pressure plate only for $700 with ¨1500 miles¨ so its used

VS
- 10 spline brand new spec3+ clutch with pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bearing and clutch disk $530

i know im not going whipple or anything crazy i have a steg stage 4 and im looking to run about 530whp this year. also im keeping in mind i do run an IRS and i will not be dropping the clutch on take offs because if im not mistaking before i break or twist an input shaft i will snap a half shaft.

when i come out of the hole i ride if out briefly enough to get into the 11s

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Be sure and get the Ford Racing TOB. The throw out bearing that comes with the Spec 3 is complete shit. I bought the SPEC and a ford racing TOB and had a shop install it and the ignored the Ford Racing TOB and put in the Spec TOB. Litterally 400 miles later the damn thing BROKE into about 4 pieces and started knocking like a SOB. I took it back bitched at them, they put in the Ford Racing one they kept that I supplied ( :bash: ) and another new retainer sleeve and I havent had an issue since.

CLIFFS: The Spec TOB is a piece of shit...lol

laterbra

Established Member
Be sure and get the Ford Racing TOB. The throw out bearing that comes with the Spec 3 is complete shit. I bought the SPEC and a ford racing TOB and had a shop install it and the ignored the Ford Racing TOB and put in the Spec TOB. Litterally 400 miles later the damn thing BROKE into about 4 pieces and started knocking like a SOB. I took it back bitched at them, they put in the Ford Racing one they kept that I supplied ( :bash: ) and another new retainer sleeve and I havent had an issue since.

CLIFFS: The Spec TOB is a piece of shit...lol

the spec tob is a shit? damn that sucks!
i made a pole to see what members have 26 spline and 10 spline to make a decision because thats the difference of spending another 400 if i dont have to

laterbra

Established Member
Definitely a lot of good info on this thread.
Jimmysidecarr is also a great help for sure. Thanks brother

Users who are viewing this thread