I would like advice on my termi so i dont break it

StevemcQueen

SVT MVP
Established Member
Get the 26 spline input shaft if your going to buy one. Its worth doing if you don't want to drop the tranny later if it breaks. Don't buy an aftermarket clutch cable they are crap. I can attest to that. They bind and snap, go oem. You should be able to use the oem cable with the quadrant, I didn't have a problem. Also the spec t/o bearings are garbage as well. I got a stage 2+ for my 02 gt and the t/o bearing needed to be changed in 2 weeks. Spec said that it was from a bad batch. They also said it was made in China. I went ford and haven't had a problem.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Well, I can see it... The odds of breaking (twisting) one at near stock power levels is pretty slim.

FWIW for anecdotal evidence my car is ~600whp, and I still am running the 10 spline shaft. Borrowed time? Perhaps, but spending the money on doing the shaft seems like a waste until I need it.
it's only a waste when you get a 10 C/kit then your 10 spline shaft brakes, then you got to buy another C/kit for a 26 spline one plus the 26 spline input shaft with the stronger tob slevve shown in my link below.

i was make 650 on 104 gas. with no problems at all. i got my stuff in 07 MINE NEVER WENT OUT. my motor went out first. NOLOL:cuss:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
anyone have the quick release quad.? i got one on my 83 gt ,man you dont have to push the pedal down much at all. that's on my race car, i got to make a stop for it so , to kepp me from going down to far in the pedal..cause im still not used to it. hell i just got it 5 yrs. ago. and never ran it my my new set up,
my C/F D/F disc...turned to dust in just 6 passed . i got a promotion one now. i got to take that car out again. after my cobra build.

cobracide

Established Member
Is money a big factor? If not I would have considered the Mcleod rst clutch kit. Heard great things about them and the clutch pedal is suppose to be lighter than stock. Maybe some will chime in that have them. I have heard some complain about the spec chattering quite a bit, but I have no experience with them.

Mcleod 99-04 Mustang RST Street Twin Disc Clutch (26 Spline) [6912-07] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Yep RST great clutch, light pedal. If you go to the track - RXT.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
look into the anti-venom mod. its basically free, if ya have some washers layin around the garage or in a tool box.

it has solved a lot of peoples problems with "brick" shifting. there is a thread on how to do the mod, around here somewhere.

my car shifts soooooo much easier/better now!

cobracide

Established Member
look into the anti-venom mod. its basically free, if ya have some washers layin around the garage or in a tool box.

it has solved a lot of peoples problems with "brick" shifting. there is a thread on how to do the mod, around here somewhere.

my car shifts soooooo much easier/better now!

Had that done but didn't change much for me. In my case it was overrated, glad it worked for you.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
be sure and get the ford racing tob. The throw out bearing that comes with the spec 3 is complete shit. I bought the spec and a ford racing tob and had a shop install it and the ignored the ford racing tob and put in the spec tob. Litterally 400 miles later the damn thing broke into about 4 pieces and started knocking like a sob. I took it back bitched at them, they put in the ford racing one they kept that i supplied ( :bash: ) and another new retainer sleeve and i havent had an issue since.

Cliffs: The spec tob is a piece of shit...lol

listen to this guy, x2

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
it's only a waste when you get a 10 C/kit then your 10 spline shaft brakes, then you got to buy another C/kit for a 26 spline one plus the 26 spline input shaft with the stronger tob slevve shown in my link below.

i was make 650 on 104 gas. with no problems at all. i got my stuff in 07 MINE NEVER WENT OUT. my motor went out first. NOLOL:cuss:
That is true... Next clutch I think I'll do the 26 spline shaft to get it outta the way, tranny is coming down soon, since my TOB sounds like an angry cricket banging pots and pans together! GET THE FORD RACING TOB, don't be a dummy like me!

Does the OP drive his car every day? If not look at the Centerforce DFX clutch. That's what I have and I love it. Some hate the chatter, but it grabs like a mother.

Last edited:

laterbra

Established Member
That is true... Next clutch I think I'll do the 26 spline shaft to get it outta the way, tranny is coming down soon, since my TOB sounds like an angry cricket banging pots and pans together! GET THE FORD RACING TOB, don't be a dummy like me!

Does the OP drive his car every day? If not look at the Centerforce DFX clutch. That's what I have and I love it. Some hate the chatter, but it grabs like a mother.

i dont drive my car everyday, at night and on weekends. but i will not tolerate chatter forsure.
i bring it to the track and run it but i ride the clutch out. havent poped that sucker yet with slicks,

Users who are viewing this thread