Im trying to like the GT500's

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I really like the gt500s..Next time i got to my dealer.. i hope they'll be nice and let me put a couple miles on one. I drove a 06 GT before..very different from my cobra..i wouldn't mind either.

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
That I know of, 10 inch wide Razors don't exist. They are all 9's.......narrower than stock rims.........sad

Your right, the 20X10 can only be gotten in the Alcoa style in the picture and why I am interested in them over the Razors.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
Yea I really have to drive one. I knda hate going to my local SVT dealer cause they are all douch bags, I went their yesterday and the guy said that they dont do any test drives between now and april for the GT500's cause its " winter" but no snow on the ground and he said @ 500 HP they dont let alot of people drive them. I told him my 03 would beat it and had more than 500HP ( he look perplexed when I said that) but anyway I only said that to justify myself driving one. but anyway I just need to get in one and let her go, hear the blower and go from their.

Do any of u guys have that 1 dealer who can literally ruin the experience for you?? I just hate my local SVT dealer and they are the only ones for 2 hours from me so sometimes when they are dicks it rubs off on the cars they sell.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Do any of u guys have that 1 dealer who can literally ruin the experience for you?? I just hate my local SVT dealer and they are the only ones for 2 hours from me so sometimes when they are dicks it rubs off on the cars they sell.

You dont have to go to a SVT dealer for these cars. Every ford dealer gets at leaast 1 a model year. This is why the dealers say they are so rare. ITs rare for them to have one. They just received a grabber orange 08 in town where I ordered mine at. Selling it for msrp.

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
This is the second year of production and I have not seen the first Shelby in Savannah, GA..The local dealer says they sell before he gets them. ..So all I know is what is posted on this site....Kinda sad...such a nice car being so hard to see...

RCMPSVT

Established Member
I didn't think you had to be an "SVT" dealer to get the GT500. :shrug:

There's bound to be a regular ford dealer closer to you.

As far as I have seen , the only dealers in Ontario canada with the GT500's are ALL SVT dealers.

Is their any 0% financing right now on these???

R1Lello

Established Member
You dont have to go to a SVT dealer for these cars. Every ford dealer gets at leaast 1 a model year. This is why the dealers say they are so rare. ITs rare for them to have one. They just received a grabber orange 08 in town where I ordered mine at. Selling it for msrp.

You do in Canada.

magred

Established Member
No problem 04blkterminator, Just take me up on my advice of getting a chance to ride in one. Granted no dealer will probably let you test drive one unless you have check in hand, but go to some local car shows and speak with GT500 owners and see if they will take you for a spin. In a modded on no doubt.;-)

I am so happy with my Shelby. And since owning this car I have met alot of owners and we all got together and met in Herman, MO for what we call Shelbyfest.(pictured below) We also meet for other occassions also, and now have over 45 owners on our group list. And it grows every month.

In the pictures were cars from states: IL, MO, IN, & TN.

Well over $105 Million in Shelby's sitting in on spot, 21 total 1 was a Mustang GT.
AllCars1a.jpg

745900-R1-17-7A_018.jpg
There is no way that 21 GT500s equates to $105 Million. More like $1.05 million unless each car is going for $5 million each. Nice picture though.

CobraRookie

Established Member
04blkterminator, there is a blue vert at a dealer in Woodstock Ontario for 59000 CDN. I know that's a lot but it's the going rate up here. It is dealer driven, has 2000 km or something. It would take you a couple of hours to drive there from Windsor. My brother looked at it and said it looked good. You might get to drive that one as it's been used. Here's the link: http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=1638418&adid=6305549
I hope the link works for you.
Don

Last edited:

RCMPSVT

Established Member
^^^ thanks bro I just called the SVT dealer and set up a test drive for next week. My dealer said they want msrp plus 10K, I laughed and said nevermind and he quickly said just make them an offer. So Ill go drive it and see how she goes.

CobraRookie

Established Member
Good luck with the drive and negotiation. I got to drive one before I ordered mine. It's supposed to show before Christmas. It is definately a more sophisticated feel than my Cobra but my Cobra is set up to road race so it rides hard. The GT500 was impressive as far as I'm concerned. I have a lot of money tied up in my '99 and I can't get anything for it so I think I might keep it and just buy a car stacker. I know the dealer I bought from in Oakville sold a grabber orange with black stripes for list. I'm not fond of that colour or I might have considered it.
Don

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
^^^ thanks bro I just called the SVT dealer and set up a test drive for next week. My dealer said they want msrp plus 10K, I laughed and said nevermind and he quickly said just make them an offer. So Ill go drive it and see how she goes.

04blkterminator, you would probably come out cheaper shopping on eBay for a GT500. Prices are really starting to drop. A guy in our grop just got one for $1400 over sticker.

Do you want a new or used Shelby?

PM me your email address and I will send you a bunch of GT500's to check out. Some have a couple hundred miles on them and some are new at dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread