Votes: 5 16.7%
  • You crazy Canadian SVT's tried 4 doors before and failed

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
I've been thinking alot about this...

Some of you are aware that I am a Ford Dealer and SVT Point (in canada SVT is only at select stores)

This ideas been tossed around a few times and I wanted to know what you guys think and would you consider buying one.

Here's an idea for the car.

Fusion SVT
3.5 Ecoboost
6 speed manual ( based on the mazdaspeed6 but stronger)
AWD
Focus EAP Recaro seats Only in black, no blue or red insets
18x8 with 255/40/18
Akebono (ie sho spec brakes)

if this car was priced at about SHO levels would you buy one?

In your response please state if you've driven a Fusion before ( if you haven't you should)

IMO it's a better car for the 25-40 M crowd, possible previous mustang owner that has the need for a family car / non pretentious sophisticated car but still wants to have a high perfomance car with the availability of a manual trans.

I would Definetly buy one.

Competition would be

335xi
Legacy GT
MB C350
Maxima / Altima 3.5
SHO
300 SRT 8 (and cousins)
G37S AWD Sedan

Last edited:

pwrhungry

Established Member
Well being I live in Germany I seen one Fusion and didnt pay much attention to it. Someone bought it through military sales and it was being delivered.

As for the cost I dont see many people buying it at $40k. Just to much competition close to that price.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
If the Fusion had the 3.5 Eco, you're damn right I would want one.

BTW- What dealership are you from? I'm from the mighty 'peg

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that I have only driven in one.

Last edited:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
That would be a good Halo Car.

Fusion with 3.5 TT /M6 + Awd = a good BMW competitor

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
I have driven a Fusion (not the v6) and still think it's a good looking sedan, I have heard that a V6 fusion is quite fun to drive, even though it has to be an automatic...as far as would I consider buying a SVT, awd, TT,6spd manual Fusion...HELL YES...that would be a FUN ride, I would even consider buying one if they could only offer the 6spd auto paddle shift trany. :pepper::pepper::pepper:

Last edited:

2k3gt

Established Member
I might consider it as a car to replace the stang a few years after I graduate, but definately not at $40k..

2k3gt

Established Member
Depending on the equipment level I think a $40k sticker would be a fair price.

You're right, I guess I'm just thinking of myself personally though. I would probably wait a few years to pick up a low-mileage used one in the mid to upper $20k range.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
it would definitely have to be priced under the SHO....i think around $30-32k you have the market but not at $40k

05saleent

Established Member
No, I have never driven a Fusion but have always thought it was on good looking sedan, I have heard that a V6 fusion is quite fun to drive, even though it has to be an automatic...as far as would I consider buying a SVT, awd, TT,6spd manual Fusion...HELL YES...that would be a FUN ride, I would even consider buying one if they could only offer the 6spd auto paddle shift trany. :pepper::pepper::pepper:

+1. My thoughts exactly. $40k would be on point too. The 335's (i's, or xi's) are priced about 5k-10k more than that.

VictorySong

Established Member
For 40k I would atleast want a lincoln badge. Even then I'd still probably get a used M3 or CTS-V if I wanted a good four door.

I've never driven a fusion but when we where looking at new and used cars I sat in the entire ford lineup including trucks... Then I saw a Cobra and we all know what happened after that! :)

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You're right, I guess I'm just thinking of myself personally though. I would probably wait a few years to pick up a low-mileage used one in the mid to upper $20k range.

Very understandable.

it would definitely have to be priced under the SHO....i think around $30-32k you have the market but not at $40k

Yes, it should come in under an equivalently equipped SHO. Just like the SHO it should crush every competitor's price.

VictorySong

Established Member
Did ford can the Ford Focus GT with the TT 4 cylinder? I think it would have to be on a focus platform to bring the price down around (25-30k) to be competitive with the sho. At 40k why not spend the same amount and get a bigger car?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

+1. When I think of a small, turbo. AWD sedan built with performance in mind I think EVO and STI. If it was priced around 30k it could compete nicely. Too bad they wont bring over the Focus RS. Not AWD but deffinately a contender.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
It'll probably get the 2.0 Eco. An SVT version with the 3.5 Eco would definitely be an exciting car.

WPGFORDGUY- Have you heard anything about any plans to further refine the AWD system? I would think that SVT would have designs on a more RWD friendly platform.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
+1. When I think of a small, turbo. AWD sedan built with performance in mind I think EVO and STI. If it was priced around 30k it could compete nicely. Too bad they wont bring over the Focus RS. Not AWD but deffinately a contender.

The thing is, the Fusion is not really a small car. It's a fairly large mid-sized car.

Users who are viewing this thread