• It would be too expensive to Consider

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • You crazy Canadian SVT's tried 4 doors before and failed

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XtremeS10

Established Member
I think offering it from the cheapest stand point possible vs. a SHO setup (which I would like to see the new 5.0 in personally over the ecoboost) would be a great setup for a younger crowd or someone who wants into a different setup than a RWD v8 platform for performance, gives american tuners a chance, look how well the SRT-4 Neon went over...

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
I think you'll see a 2.0 EcoBoost Fusion in 2010.

+1
3.5 Eco would probably be considered too big; it's supposed to be a replacement for V-8's
Would be nice to see an SVT version with the big one though. And AWD :bowdown:

Last edited:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
+1. When I think of a small, turbo. AWD sedan built with performance in mind I think EVO and STI. If it was priced around 30k it could compete nicely. Too bad they wont bring over the Focus RS. Not AWD but deffinately a contender.

all the STI's and EVO's i looked at were 37k+

Wildpony

Established Member
Probably would be a better deal money wise to have them bump up the n/a power of the 3.7 to around 345 and go AWD for under $36k w/leather and paddle shifting.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
I always thought this would make a good SVT car. I've seen companies modify this car pretty good. Especially the one I just got hired for. Not that its for me. I would definitely see a market for these cars.

David Hester

Established Member
Wife has a '08 MKZ 4wd. Would be nice with more power and a proper gearbox. I'd consider one. She had a LS before that and likes the more nimble feel, but still room inside. Says SHO is too big now....
I've had a Contour SVT, Focus SVT and Cobra SVT. I liked them all.
Do something quick, though. We have a new grandson and she's talking about a Flex.:shrug:

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
cant believe i never saw this thread :shrug:

svt fusion with awd and 6 speed flappy paddle gearbox. 3.5 V6 OR eco-boost 4 banger (turbo v6 unlikely) and price it near $30k and id be all over it. for $40k?? no thanks. ill wait five years and grab one for $20k after they tank in resale value :bored:

if the MS6 was going for around $30k, and many people actually paid less, than there's no reason why they couldnt do similar with the fusion.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
After just seeing what the next Fusion might look like based off the design of the new Mondeo I'll certainly say yes! Check it out!

Sneak peak at Ford’s next all-new Fusion?

2011-ford-mondeo-2_620.jpg

2011-ford-mondeo-1_620.jpg

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
After just seeing what the next Fusion might look like based off the design of the new Mondeo I'll certainly say yes! Check it out!

Sneak peak at Ford’s next all-new Fusion?

2011-ford-mondeo-2_620.jpg

2011-ford-mondeo-1_620.jpg
the best part is that the mondeo design isn't what it'll be based off of, but what it will actually be! around the time mulally came aboard, ford announced they were combining many platforms, with the US fusion and the mondeo being one of those platforms.

Why not put the new 5.0 in the Fusion.If you want to get more power go with the new 5.0.
Can it be done and price it at 38K.
then add a paddle shifter to it with the automatic,& offer a 6 speed for the gear shifters.
Just wishing.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Why not put the new 5.0 in the Fusion.If you want to get more power go with the new 5.0.
Can it be done and price it at 38K.
then add a paddle shifter to it with the automatic,& offer a 6 speed for the gear shifters.
Just wishing.

Good luck squeezing the 5L horizontally between the strut towers

jstorm

Has Ford or even the performance shops thought about bolting the SHO or F150 turbo's onto the current Fusion??
I would love to know!!!
Has anybody tried it.?!

Users who are viewing this thread