It's Official. Signup for MSX Dyno Day with Rick from Amazon Tuning!

Quik Z06

Established Member
Actually we might have 4 spaces. Lockdown was the Myspace customer and GTKen & Charrito are still undecided. If their spots fill, then they fill. I'll update my first list. Thanks

Rachael @ MSX

Quik Z06

Established Member
LOL, yep...and that means I have 1 month, 8 days and 9 hrs to finish my car! :D

ducman996

Established Member
Rachael, If you still have an opening left, please put me down for dibs. I would like to get the 9 or 10 am slot on Sat or Sun, preferably 10am Saturday (its a 3.5hr drive to Turlock for me). It should be a prety easy tune, my current custom dyno tune that I have altered after adding mods after the dyno tune is not that far off, I just need it modified for a MAFia on setting #2 and make the A/F curve nice and flat again. I am waiting for a call back from the MSX shop, so I may have already signed up by the time you read this.

I also need to make sure that Rick will be able to tune with a predator, I'm sure it will be no problem, on Amazons website it says they tune for both. Just want to double check since you only mentioned the SCT.

So the cost should be approx $90 for 1 hour dyno and $125 for the tune/tuner + $110 for hotel airfair so $325 total? My tune should be prety simple so probably only 1 hour of dyno time needed.

thanks, Zack

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Hey Zach, no problem. I put you down on the list for sat at 10. I'll have to check with Lynn before we finalize everything, but I guess he would be able to tune with the Predator.

The Fees would be $125 for a tune (unless you already have an Amazon tune, then you wouldnt have to pay this). The tuner fee is $150 and everyone pays this for Ricks time to come out here and tune our cars. The $90/hr would be paid to MSX for the Dyno time. Lastly would be teh airfare/hotel charge (which should be determined after we get a final list of who's in & how much it's gonna be).

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM. Thanks

Rachael @ MSx

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
so what have we got here? How much are we looking at?.... since we have a set amount of people right? Since Billy did my work and tune, my current status is that I'm already an Amazon customer right?

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
we need to confirm this list this week...so I know how many days to have Rick out there and book his travel arrangements

WTF that would mean that you are a MSX customer..you still have to work thro them and whatever their tuning policy is..I dont know the particulars of your dealing with them

this is something that we will have to discuss with them also..

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Fellas, what is going on with this... :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Linn needs a firm list soon so that the airfare & all fees can be squared away.
LET US KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THIS DYNO DAY. :uh oh:

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well, as of now, we still dont have our Dyno. For some reason it's stuck in Sac. It don't look like we'll be able to host this one, and unfortunately quite a few people have backed out over here.

If Jeff S. is willing to still do it at his shop, then it could still happen. That's up to him now. I'll update the list on the first page and remove everyone that's pulled out. This is just getting a bit frustrating when it was supposed to be here in March! Oie :(

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Sorry to hear the bad news Pete... :( I have been driving around in my DD for over a month now with the whole interior ripped out so Rick could have access to my old school ECU or PCM. I hope we can round up enough to make it worth while & Jeff's shop.

Do you think Jeff would let us all use his dyno again? You know him better then I do. Also, how many people (minimum) would we need for another 2 day event? :shrug:

Let me know. I know you organized the last one & it went well. :beer:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I will contact Jeff S and see if we can salvage this for the same date..if not we will move it a few weeks out like mid May..or do you just want us to wait until you get the dyno installed and reschedule?

Users who are viewing this thread