JimmySidecarr for Mod of Terminator Section

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
+1 for Jimmy as a mod. Very knowledgeable member that will weed out the duplicate threads.

Jimmy while you are viewing the thread I thought I could get a chance to ask you a quick question...... What pulley should I go with on my stock eaton? and what shifter should I buy? :D:lol1:

Teej281

Established Member
No offense to any of the mods here, but when is the last time you've seen them post in here? This is the one of, if not the most, active forums on SVTP, I think it needs a little more moderation.

This is exactly what is needed! I have been on here for like 3 years I think and I dont think i've seen a mod post once. I am actually a mod over on mustangforums and I post there every day. One of the other mods and I make pic of the day and vid of the day almost every day over there and respond to threads and have input. Mods should be people that are active in the section and are there on a regular basis.

Jimmy, being a mod isnt hard at all. You just have to pop your head in every once and a while. I really dont do anything different now than i did when I wasnt a mod honestly. Other than delete posts and stuff that comes with the job. I'd take it if you are offered it.

Teej281

Established Member
Great idea,as long as he keeps his cobra! ( and beats the boss on the track)

Why do you have to have a cobra to be a mod of this section? Everyone keeps saying that. He has more knowledge than probably most on this board, and just because he buys a boss doesnt mean that the knowledge is going to disappear!

va boy

Established Member
New here but agree. After months of lurking and using the search function, you find out who knows what they are talking about. He does, and for what it's worth he gets my nod!

greengt88

Established Member
he's got my vote for sure, thanks for the conversation jimmy. Currently no events at PBIR or Sebring, gotta wait til spring. Camp Steeda is def. on the list for may!!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
This is exactly what is needed! I have been on here for like 3 years I think and I dont think i've seen a mod post once. I am actually a mod over on mustangforums and I post there every day. the job.

Stampede posts a lot in the New Edge section but I agree not much involvement here..

mysterio

Established Member
New here but agree. After months of lurking and using the search function, you find out who knows what they are talking about. He does, and for what it's worth he gets my nod!

Welcome. Whereabouts in VA are you?

GodStang

Established Member
You do realize all 3 of our mods in this area are on this site everyday. Being a mod does not just mean having posts. It is about helping the users and keeping the site running smoothly under the rules of SVTP. He is a great guy very knowledgeable just not sure if we need 4 mods for this section. Also he does not have very many posts!!! HAHA

MGC

Established Member
You do realize all 3 of our mods in this area are on this site everyday. Being a mod does not just mean having posts. It is about helping the users and keeping the site running smoothly under the rules of SVTP. He is a great guy very knowledgeable just not sure if we need 4 mods for this section. Also he does not have very many posts!!! HAHA

Sid himself said the mods need some help in here.

I know moderating is not about post count, but let me rephrase... when is the last time you've seen a thread moved to the correct forum, locked because the topic has been beat to death or otherwise? I'm just trying to suggest a moderator who would actually enforce things like this, so that we can have more technical oriented threads on here instead of the same old threads we always do. I think that more tech discussion is ultimately what everyone wants here.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
arent there like like 10 other terminator forums for tech. this is terminator talk anything goes right. as long as it hasnt been beaten to death dont get me wrong. but Jimmy for moderator too as far as I'm concerned great idea why not

GodStang

Established Member
Sid himself said the mods need some help in here.

I know moderating is not about post count, but let me rephrase... when is the last time you've seen a thread moved to the correct forum, locked because the topic has been beat to death or otherwise? I'm just trying to suggest a moderator who would actually enforce things like this, so that we can have more technical oriented threads on here instead of the same old threads we always do. I think that more tech discussion is ultimately what everyone wants here.

Oh I agree that about 90% of the forums need a complete revamp on all mods. Just don't think adding more is the way to go. So many of the mods have just moved on to other cars which is natural. Since they have moved on they may not stop by the forums they were usually involved with in the past. I guess I could agree with maybe dropping a few of the ones in each of the forums and adding people who still frequent each forum like CobraBob and Jimmy. Of course this is just my opinion and what only matters is what SID thinks.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Thanks A LOT guys, I am seriously thinking about it even if it turns out to be semi-limited hours. I will let Sid know very soon.

The BOSS buying will be determined by used availability(I'm thinking three years out) and eventual pricing on the used market. New, that car is significantly out of my reach. It would be cool as hell if I could swing having BOTH! Those 19s will have to go though.:nonono:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Great idea,as long as he keeps his cobra! ( and beats the boss on the track)

That would take, an Agent 47 front end, full coil overs, 14" front brakes, a Tiger Racing hood, and fresh Hoosiers.

Unless they leave the 19" street tires on and maybe are a little timid about piling up a 47 thousand dollar track toy and drive too conservatively.:-D

I caught(and passed) a guy in C6 Z once because of that.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
No problem; he seems to be a dedicated member who cares about the site. As long as he remains neutral. He dis-likes drag racing (you can dig-up the thread.) So, if someone posts a thread asking other members their opinion if he should or should not go SRA, pros and cons, is he going to get upset? I would hope not....

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
No problem; he seems to be a dedicated member who cares about the site. As long as he remains neutral. He dis-likes drag racing (you can dig-up the thread.) So, if someone posts a thread asking other members their opinion if he should or should not go SRA, pros and cons, is he going to get upset? I would hope not....

I've given up on that.

Since the power levels have gotten so high, an SRA is actually pretty sound idea for the 700RWHP and over, full slicks and like to drag race a lot guys.

Our outer splines are weak, and the CVs are not that strong either. With many guys running hair trigger race clutches without springs in the disc hub the shock loads are significant. A proper built SRA is still expensive, but if you blew your $#!T to smithereens it may be in you best interest to go that route.

If you have NOT blown the IRS up I think it's worth at least thinking about building it up to function correctly, instead of flopping all over inside the sub frame. It definitely makes the car MUCH more enjoyable.

The wheel hop and to a lesser degree the handling were pretty disappointing when I first started getting on it hard.

Users who are viewing this thread