JimmySidecarr for Mod of Terminator Section

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
No problem; he seems to be a dedicated member who cares about the site. As long as he remains neutral. He dis-likes drag racing (you can dig-up the thread.) So, if someone posts a thread asking other members their opinion if he should or should not go SRA, pros and cons, is he going to get upset? I would hope not....

I would not say that Jimmy 'dislikes' drag racing. He just feels, like I do, that drag racing is appropriately named! ;-)

I fully realize that drag racing is much more readily accessible, is relatively inexpensive (well, compared to open tracking or road racing) and is very popular.

Like Jimmy, I have a "been there - done that" attitude toward drag racing. We don't belittle people that like drag racing. We simply just try to let them know that instead of having an adrenalin rush for 10 or 11 seconds at a time you can have it for 20, 30 or 40 minutes at a time. Which by the way also requires braking, turning the steering wheel, downshifting, heel/toeing, yadda, yadda, yadda. To each their own.

But I will admit that one of my pet peeves is someone who takes a 390 HP Cobra and puts on a Whipple and a pulley, changes cams and a TB, CAI, tune and gears (adding a couple of hundred HP or more) and then takes the 13" brakes off the car and replaces them with Mustang GT or something even with less braking capacity because they want to run a 3" wide skinny on the front of their car. Then drives their mother, GF, wife or kids around in the car on the street with that sort of set-up. :dw:

As far as the SRA argument goes, if you think you know more about suspension and vehicle dynamics than a TEAM of SVT engineers then more power to you!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I would not say that Jimmy 'dislikes' drag racing. He just feels, like I do, that drag racing is appropriately named! ;-)

I fully realize that drag racing is much more readily accessible, is relatively inexpensive (well, compared to open tracking or road racing) and is very popular.

Like Jimmy, I have a "been there - done that" attitude toward drag racing. We don't belittle people that like drag racing. We simply just try to let them know that instead of having an adrenalin rush for 10 or 11 seconds at a time you can have it for 20, 30 or 40 minutes at a time. Which by the way also requires braking, turning the steering wheel, downshifting, heel/toeing, yadda, yadda, yadda. To each their own.

But I will admit that one of my pet peeves is someone who takes a 390 HP Cobra and puts on a Whipple and a pulley, changes cams and a TB, CAI, tune and gears (adding a couple of hundred HP or more) and then takes the 13" brakes off the car and replaces them with Mustang GT or something even with less braking capacity because they want to run a 3" wide skinny on the front of their car. Then drives their mother, GF, wife or kids around in the car on the street with that sort of set-up. :dw:

As far as the SRA argument goes, if you think you know more about suspension and vehicle dynamics than a TEAM of SVT engineers then more power to you!

Well, where do I begin?......You don't put people down over drag racing but you BASH the motorsport? Apparently you don't like when people set-up THEIR car the way THEY LIKE. We all know you can buy front brakes that will fit skinnies and safely stop you at 150 mph+. You don't think these SVT engineers would recommend a SRA for drag racing?....he, he, he! On a personal note, must be a B. being a mod where all the cars have SRA!

HAVE SOME CLASS...DON'T BASH!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

MGC

Established Member
Well, where do I begin?......You don't put people down over drag racing but you BASH the motorsport? Apparently you don't like when people set-up THEIR car the way THEY LIKE. We all know you can buy front brakes that will fit skinnies and safely stop you at 150 mph+. You don't think these SVT engineers would recommend a SRA for drag racing?....he, he, he! On a personal note, must be a B. being a mod where all the cars have SRA!

They would've said buy a GT and save some money. :lol1:

Do you have anything to add to this thread or are you just instigating?

I've done both drag racing and open tracked with my car, road racing is without a doubt more challenging and fun.

ALL the cars have SRA? :dw:

If you want to have fun for 10 seconds at a time and you need stick axle technology to enjoy that so be it. No skin off my back. I personally think it's awesome to see IRS cobra's in the 11's 10's and 9's, they must know something you don't. :poke:

Different strokes for different folks.

I give a vote for Jinny as well. We can count on him to collar the guys that need to sign up for an ESL class. He's the complete opposite of DOHC and he would better serve the site.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Jimmy gets my vote....

I'm new to this section of the site but just in the last week alone come to respect his pov on things and his knowledge of the cars...seems like a many others feel the same way I do.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

I honestly have no problem with people that are serious about drag racing and want to convert to a SRA. But 90% of the people that are converting to an SRA spend 99% or more of their time driving their car on the street using their car as a DD.

There are oodles of 10 second IRS equipped drag racers out there.

:-D

GodStang

Established Member
I honestly have no problem with people that are serious about drag racing and want to convert to a SRA. But 90% of the people that are converting to an SRA spend 99% or more of their time driving their car on the street using their car as a DD.

There are oodles of 10 second IRS equipped drag racers out there.

:-D

Amen to that... 700rwhp+ on IRS and adding more power and still keeping IRS.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think Jimmy will make a great moderator. Lightning Larry is a legend here. I predict Jimmy will soon be following in his footsteps. Jimmy's a good man. :rockon: :thumbsup:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
congrats now pop your cherry and go ban some fools here please

Users who are viewing this thread