Joe Heck Racing Clutch line

chao5.0

Established Member
I'm waiting on my mgw shifter and dss driveshaft to install

-Ant

let us know how it goes, if this cures the shifting issues then i plan on doing this plus a MGW at the same time. i don't know if i'll need the drive shaft because i don't drag race that much and i don't plan on making much more than 600rwhp when i'm done.

ViciousJay

Established Member
So everyone who installed this it cured the High RPM shift problems?

no it still does it time to time, its more into the tune. Ive talked to someone about this, but it does help greatly but its not 100% cured yet

ViciousJay

Established Member
sometimes i wonder if its placement of the pedal... im a tall guy and they raised the clutch pedal too high, god i wishi could lower it an inch or so

alex12gt

Established Member
will be looking into this now as i am starting to notice lack of pressure at high rpm's in the clutch.....but ill prolly need a new clutch by the end of the summer so i may wait

ViciousJay

Established Member
will be looking into this now as i am starting to notice lack of pressure at high rpm's in the clutch.....but ill prolly need a new clutch by the end of the summer so i may wait

Are you on slicks? if not i cant see how youll need a clutch any time soon unless you dont know how to drive manual. Ford gave us a decent clutch. If i were you id go this route

1. Do my Remove Helper Spring
2. Swap Brake and clutch fluid over to DOT4
3. Joe Heck Clutch line

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Are you on slicks? if not i cant see how youll need a clutch any time soon unless you dont know how to drive manual. Ford gave us a decent clutch. If i were you id go this route

3. Joe Heck Clutch line

What did removing the helper spring do? Stiffer clutch feel?

alex12gt

Established Member
Im also putting down around 600 hp so its a little harder on the clutch and i may remove that spring today and see what kind of difference it makes

gkviper192

Established Member

3. Joe Heck Clutch line

Is there a how to somewhere on removing the helper spring?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
This clutch line really helped me at the track this weekend. No soft pedal after burnouts and good, precise shifts. I highly recommend this mod to anyone. Just be VERY careful with the clips. Those are not generic cotter pins...ask me how I know. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread