Just took down a 2012 Boss 302...

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
the S197 three link just won a continental race against the BEST irs cars in the world. a SN IRS can hardly be called world class.

SlowSVT

Established Member
the S197 three link just won a continental race against the BEST irs cars in the world. a SN IRS can hardly be called world class.

I just passed this information onto Porsche and Ferrari and a few Formula 1 teams and a few responded that they already have read your post and are making changes (having a car that gets out cornered my a Mustang must be a major embarrassment). I bet this post here is spreading like wildfire on the Cobra R site as well and they are swapping out for a three link as I'm typing this response.

:smmon:

lee4him

Established Member
Stock for Stock the Boss wins on a road course against a Cobra, why because it was specificaly engineered for this purpose. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall the Ford race teams sending Ford data after each race which was then used to develop the Cobra. However, this happened with the Boss. So naturally the Boss should be great on a road course right out of the box. The Cobra on the other hand not as good but add a FTB IRS bushing kit, some coilovers with good MM shocks and now we have a different story (against a stock Boss). Honestly I wish I could own both ;-)

black 10th vert

Established Member
Let me say, that I'm one of the biggest Terminator fanboys out there, but there is no way I would turn down owning a new Boss, even if it isn't quite as powerful. The fact is that aside from quarter mile potential, the Boss is superior in every way. That being said, I still love my Terminator, and for the price difference, there is no way I could justify having a Boss in place of it (if money wasn't the object, then I would definitely have both).

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
lot of bullshit bench racing in here I have say-kinda takes me back to when the 03/04 cobra first came out- same conversations. as far as the FI beats N/A everytime comment- that's hilarious & a very general comment and pretty indicative of most 03/04 owners I think. stock for stock- boss in every aspect hands down- the data is out there. "but with my whipple..." give me break-most of you are just pissed your still making payments on a car thats 8 years old.

SlowSVT

Established Member
lot of bullshit bench racing in here I have say-kinda takes me back to when the 03/04 cobra first came out- same conversations. as far as the FI beats N/A everytime comment- that's hilarious & a very general comment and pretty indicative of most 03/04 owners I think. stock for stock- boss in every aspect hands down- the data is out there. "but with my whipple..." give me break-most of you are just pissed your still making payments on a car thats 8 years old.

Care to elaborate on the "FI beats NA every time" statement being "hilarious"? I'm thinking maybe I overlooked something.

I could take the post above and "run with it" but I think I'll let you dig your hole a bit deeper.

:pop:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Care to elaborate on the "FI beats NA every time" statement being "hilarious"? I'm thinking maybe I overlooked something.

I could take the post above and "run with it" but I think I'll let you dig your hole a bit deeper.

:pop:

ok for fun- when's the last time your ran with a h/c/i z06? you simply cannot generalize and say that "FI beats N/A every" since it does not "everytime". cause I'm pretty sure that the 2011 mustang is N/A unmodded and would beat your cobra unmodded. and as for the hole in which your referring to- pretty sure you've already presented all the 'hole that the thread needs

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
ok for fun- when's the last time your ran with a h/c/i z06? you simply cannot generalize and say that "FI beats N/A every" since it does not "everytime". cause I'm pretty sure that the 2011 mustang is N/A unmodded and would beat your cobra unmodded. and as for the hole in which your referring to- pretty sure you've already presented all the 'hole that the thread needs

:dw:

What the hell is an h/c/i Corvette and why is this even in the conversation?

Are you even suggesting an NA engine will make more hp then an FI engine? You should have been paying more attention in your physics class when you had the chance :smmon:

:kaboom:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
:dw:

What the hell is an h/c/i Corvette and why is this even in the conversation?

Are you even suggesting an NA engine will make more hp then an FI engine? You should have been paying more attention in your physics class when you had the chance :smmon:

:kaboom:

WOW-OH WOW - if your goal was to make me speechless you've won:lol:

KILRSVT

Established Member
Out in the streets or on a lonely highway the boss will get walked or smoked by most terminators however out on an autocross or road course the terminator well get handled... Our chassis was developed in 1979 we have an outdated platform by all means and requires alot of work. I took my car out to infineon last week and I noticed there's little shock control and weight transfer is awful through the Back s course. But that's why there's MM front K member kits and better rear bushings... But to really improve the chassis time and money are needed the boss is an awesome car lots of research and development in the making our cars were design to beat SS camaros and they did ,even stepped into vett territory but the new boss is a world class car.. design to take down the best from USA and overseas....I guess my point is the Boss is the better car compared to our era..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread