Legal for no hood in NY (Leo's please reapond)

testorossa1989

Established Member
Oh ya.. This threads over. I drove without hood and the officers liked it. I now have a hood on so this isnt even open anymore

hotcobra03

Established Member
Oh ya.. This threads over. I drove without hood and the officers liked it. I now have a hood on so this isnt even open anymore

cool..i didn't see an issue but im not an leo..

im in the desert 29 palms California..came to work on my kids jeep..we took top off which is different..im ready to drop windshield and doors..its like 110 out everyday..

testorossa1989

Established Member
cool..i didn't see an issue but im not an leo..

im in the desert 29 palms California..came to work on my kids jeep..we took top off which is different..im ready to drop windshield and doors..its like 110 out everyday..

just kept it 5 under and they all turned a blind eye to it.

ahh jeeps are good for that

o2k

Noob
Established Member
Well.. I can say that I was once involved in an accident in upstate ny and I called the local police department... And reported the accident.

A few years later I got into two accidents a month apart.. Both in long island.. None of these were serious or an emergency.. Both under 10mph collisions. Everyone told me to call 911 to report the accident. I didn't believe them.. So I called one of the police stations.. And they told me to call 911 to report it.. even though it wasn't an emergency. It was the weirdest thing.. I felt uncomfortable.. But apparently that's what people do in long island... Or just Suffolk County.. And that's what I dialed both times..

But either way.. I would have never thought about calling 911 for non emergency..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

2012GTCS

Established Member
What a bunch of nonsense in here lol.

To the original question, although not needed anymore....Most officers are probably not going to be able to recall that specific violation, its not something you do everyday, nor do we memorize the entire VTL, Penal law, etc. It could be grounds for a stop tho, at least for safety reasons. I scoured thru as much of section 375 of the NYS VTL as I could and found nothing. I know there are summonses for missing body panels of vehicles, but those are NYC administrative code violations.

I was once told that it was OK on local roads, but ILLEGAL on parkways/highways/expressways. Never was able to confirm that, however.

Users who are viewing this thread