LEVEL 5 IRS or THE RED PILL

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Awsome write up!

I will admit I took the Blue Pill and will never look back.. best thing I could of done!

merp

Captain Insane-o
Established Member
Red Pill for me, but I'm having some issues. Specifically, the control arm bushings at the spindle (spindle bushings?) are still rubber, very soft, and as I've discovered on my car, blown and leaking grease. Is there a urethane/delrin upgrade for these as well? I've yet to find one, and would hate to have one last weak point in the rear.

merc lover

Established Member
merp said:
Red Pill for me, but I'm having some issues. Specifically, the control arm bushings at the spindle (spindle bushings?) are still rubber, very soft, and as I've discovered on my car, blown and leaking grease. Is there a urethane/delrin upgrade for these as well? I've yet to find one, and would hate to have one last weak point in the rear.

Could you be a little more specific? Don't see how the bushings at the spindle would be leaking anything. Maybe you're thinking of the toe-link bars? They attach to the spindle and have a balljoint end like a tierod that has a soft rubber boot and a zerk fitting....

merp

Captain Insane-o
Established Member
Nope, this is the bushing in the spindle where the upper control arm mounts. There's a rubber bushing in there that's torn and leaking fluid. I'd like to find a replacement that's not rubber, but if I have to go with the original Ford part, so be it. I can't find any part numbers for it online, but I'm still looking. I figure worst case, I'll have to order it from Ford.

merp

Captain Insane-o
Established Member
Found it. Daron Cooke's stainless spherical bearings for the upright looks like the solution I needed. Nevermind, guys. I just had the name for the part wrong.

Black Chip

Established Member
Thanks PB. Gonna do all at once before I bolt on the stickies. Want to go 11's on the stock tires first. Maybe this Sat.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
so is there a place to buy the bushing package at a good deal. I have the cover, subframes, nittos and springs. Just need bushing and possible shocks.

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
Wow, that's why i love coming to this site. I just try to keep my mouth shut, and read. It is amazing how much you can pick up from some knowledgeable people on here. Thanks for the post up.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
SWEET94COBRA said:
got it thanks, now who made those shocks that were suppose to help out a bunch.

I updated the red pill with a review of the shocks I was using last year, Don't do them. Shocks were/are a failed experiment unless you go to a proper coilover like MM sells. Shelbyguy or MidlifeC should be able to guide you there.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
so is there a direct replacement shock for the rearend that helps out a bunch, seems like this is the worse part and nobody makes one to fix this.

04BLACKBLADE

99 Cobra
Established Member
I am currently using the Edelbrock IAS shocks in the rear, has anybody else tried these? They feel pretty good and aren't too stiff.

JayB

Established Member
Anyone have any idea on what the total cost would be for labor for the following:
1)Billetflow Diff Cover Brace $160
2)MM Diff bushings $50 or $250
3)MMFLSFC's installed $250-300 installed
4)MM IRS Bushings $50 with 14mm bolts/nuts $15
5)Billetflow IRS Mount Brackets $50

Users who are viewing this thread