Loudest things in the universe?

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Beaver stadium has gotten as loud as 145dB on game day. My ringing ears can prove that.

The loudest thing in the universe would occur on a planet with an extremely dense atmosphere. This would allow more particles to vibrate, and because of the increased density they would carry more "force" (sound) and strike your ear drums harder. It's really just dependent on atmosphere composition though.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
4 Top Fuel dragsters running WOT side-by-side at Zmax is pretty frickin' awesome as far as extremely loud sounds go. No idea what the combined db level is. One TF dragster by itself at WOT is about 150db.

U.M.

rpm_top_fuel1_576.jpg

standing next to an F-16 in full burner is the loudest i've personally experienced.

wjk

Established Member
A tree falling in a forest with no one around.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
How the hell is this even a question?

It is no doubt Riddla's Massive Johnson breaking the sound barrier when popping a boner...

I didnt want to cause mass hysteria. Edit your post

Sent with My Massive Johnson

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
hmmm, the center of a superdense star, (sound can travel through any medium that has mass, (example through water, sound travels at 5118 feet per second, through air only about 1126 feet per second) so in an ultra dense environment such as that core of the superdense star, sounds would travel incredibly fast, and in that environment would be ultra loud.. (especally if it was to detonate in a hypernova)

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Not the loudest but certainly one of the more interesting.

The Pistol Shrimp will immobilize its prey with a sonic blast of 218 decibels by cocking and snapping its claw. In the process, it emits a stream of bubbles. As the bubbles collapse they momentarily reach a temperature of 9900 degrees Celsius.

[youtube_browser]XC6I8iPiHT8[/youtube_browser]

Monster Mach

Established Member
On earth the atmosphere can only handle 210 db... true story.. but anyway.. it not about just decible.. its about hertz too.. look up scott owens.. his car does 180decibles.. at around 50 hertz.. but a car that does 170db at 32hertz is way louder.. for people saying that this happened 10 million years ago made this db.. impossible but ok... look up simple air dynamics..

This is here just to piss you off :)

Last edited:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
standing next to an F-16 in full burner is the loudest i've personally experienced.
I've had the pleasure (or displeasure depending on how you see it) of being within 50 yards of J-58 at full AB. I think that might be a tad louder than the PW-220. I was lucky enough to spend 18 months in the early '80's at Kadena. The 3 Habu's that rotated in and out of there were the shizznit!

However 4 TF'ers at WOT still seemed louder!

U.M.

Joshzt

Established Member
Standing on a flight deck 25 yards from a harrier hovering without being double plugged is the loudest thing I have ever heard.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Guys you're not thinking. A FART is the loudest thing. If you are in a room full of people talking and let even the slightest one......EVERYONE hears it. HA HA HA!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Beaver stadium has gotten as loud as 145dB on game day. My ringing ears can prove that.

The loudest thing in the universe would occur on a planet with an extremely dense atmosphere. This would allow more particles to vibrate, and because of the increased density they would carry more "force" (sound) and strike your ear drums harder. It's really just dependent on atmosphere composition though.

which game was it? I was at some of the greatest games when I was there from 2002-06, I miss it every game

Users who are viewing this thread