Mag Lights -- Illegal or Not

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Lawman85 said:
It is illegal in Ga. It's under the concealed weapon statute section title "illuminaries". It's illegal because it is metal, you are only allowed to have light weight plastic ones. The mags are ok to keep in your house, just not in your car....
Every car made comes with a big ol' tire iron, but you can't carry a maglite. :dw:

What's up with some of these states

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Lawman85 said:
It is illegal in Ga. It's under the concealed weapon statute section title "illuminaries". It's illegal because it is metal, you are only allowed to have light weight plastic ones. The mags are ok to keep in your house, just not in your car....

dumb
I heard there's restrictions - like 3d in some places was the max.... Which makes sense sorta.... That's alot of light.... And alot of weight and length to use as a baton....
Lawman, would it seriously be a problem if it's sitting in your trunk during a routine search?
like if you pull someone over ask to search and they voluntarily say yes, would you make a fuss about it?

Lawman85

Banned
Man...you guys are easy..... There's no damn law about mag lights....... I wanted to see if someone would call :bs:, lol... but I guess not... ahhh... I crack myself up sometimes..

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Lawman85 said:
Man...you guys are easy..... There's no damn law about mag lights....... I wanted to see if someone would call :bs:, lol... but I guess not... ahhh... I crack myself up sometimes..

I thought about it, but I think there are some places they are banned (in certain sizes) :p

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
I prefer Surefire myself. With the Maglight, you strike like you have a club. The Surefire (10 times the light anyway) you can strike downward in a stabbing motion or use it as fistpack, and it fits right in the pocket of my 5.11s....And TSA lets me carry it on airplanes!

Never had to use it, but I've had cause to draw it several times, when I went to Condition Orange.

jshen

Established Member
Lawman85 said:

You had me going through the Code on that one...Thanks for the quick correction as I would have been looking ...We do have some crazy laws in GA.

Lawman85

Banned
jshen said:
You had me going through the Code on that one...Thanks for the quick correction as I would have been looking ...We do have some crazy laws in GA.

You were actually looking it up?? Man I'm shocked... I thought you would have seen that :bs: a mile away.... tisk tisk... :nono: . I guess it was my incredible wording.... :-D

Lampy1978

I Got Worms
Established Member
What about handcuffs? I found a pair in my car once. Hopefully there's a good story behind it, but I can't remember. I think they are real, not some XXX shop knock-offs

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
One time I too found a pair of handcuffs in my car. Actually, one side was on my hand, the other on the steering wheel, and for some reason my arse was aching :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

...Only kidding

Last edited:

racerxxx98

Established Member
It's legal in cali last time i checked but you might wanna look again being that this state sucks when i comes to your personal protection.I carry one in my car being its the only thing were allowed to carry here in cali.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Hunter, thank you for pointing out the obvious.

Maybe next time I lose my eyeballs and hands, you can wipe my a$$.

Thanks for your reply though. very constructive.

Users who are viewing this thread