my early '01 has a teksid block? (see pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

01L2Cobra

Banned
I wonder if they are realy a WAP block just with a different pattern. There seems to be no rime or reason as to what cars got them or didn't.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
I wonder if they are realy a WAP block just with a different pattern. There seems to be no rime or reason as to what cars got them or didn't.

doubt it, you can easily see the beefier ribs in the teksid blocks.

edit: not ribs.. more like bulges between ribs

Last edited:

01L2Cobra

Banned
True but there still seems to be no rime or reason as to what cars got them or didn't. But then again I always wondered what happened to all of the spare 99 engines after the plans for the 00 got scraped due to problems. Unless those got sent to Australia like what happened in 02 because there was a 00 Australian Cobra.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
I'm guessing as the leftover '99 engines get "reworked" to '01 specs, they get put back into the '01 line. The timing is probably random, depending on when the rework gets done.

01L2Cobra

Banned
There were 114 Australian Cobras and I would have thought most of the left over 99 engines would have ended up there. If that is true then there must not be many Cobras like ours.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
There were 114 Australian Cobras and I would have thought most of the left over 99 engines would have ended up there. If that is true then there must not be many Cobras like ours.

well I count 4 '01s on this post alone with teksids, so it must not be all that rare. :)

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
just checked mine....clearly has square pattern....WOOHOO!!!

even though mine is a late build (3256 of 3867) built in august 01, this is not the original engine....it was a new ford replacement they installed under warranty in jan 03.... now i'm really confused, but happy!

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Mine got the Teksid too, however my car still has the original factory installed engine. My engine build date was January 01 where as the actual vehicle assembly was in August 01.
One question would come to mind. Do you guys suppose that having an original factory Teksid increases the desirability even a little bit among enthusiasts?

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
A tiny bit I guess... it really only makes a difference if you are planing on some serious horsepower mods.

wow thats 6 '01s with teksids and counting

chuckstang

Established Member
who cares, i bet u that no one here could tell the difference regardless of how much power they were making. Who in here has more then 800hp anyway????
but i think it is nice knowing you have it, but thats bout it

cobraracer46

Banned
I just checked my April of 2001 built engine on my May 11 0f 2001 assembeld Cobra vert and I see a square valley indicating a Teksid block. :pepper: :rockon: :pepper:

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
The better question is: Who's 01 doesnt have the Teksid? Only one so far.

We're any of these motors built at different plants?

I wonder if theres any difference in the power output of the Teksids? I know there is nothing in the specs to indicate this but it seems like there are quite a few really strong 99/01's while others have trouble getting past 315 rwhp no matter how many mods are thrown at them.

Who has a high HP bolt on WAP motor?

Todd

1SickSnake

Established Member
Well that was a close one, for a few minutes I that that I had a WAP block It turned out to be a Teksid. My flashlight was running low on power and I thought that was a WAP block, so I went and changed the batteries and with better lighting I was able to see that its a teksid. :thumbsup:

stock svt

Modular Doctor
Established Member
Teksid here.. but it was a ford reman.. so who knows what I had from the factory.

griffined

SVT driver
I just checked my 01, and it has the square blocks.(Teksid) The sticker on the motor says 3/13/01 and the vehicle assembly date was 4/12/01. #678 of 3384

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread