Need help ASAP. Engine related.

willis414

Established Member
Stop! you need to drain your oil that looks like coolant to me. And your doing more damage by trying to start it. Oil and water will separate when they sit.

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
You sure thats not coolant? Have you smelled it? I ask because it looks like coolant mixed with the normal oil residue thats in the intake.
Not sure if it's coolant or not. I didn't smell it. If it is coolant, what does that tell you? That it's leaking from the IC somewhere?

If its oil you popped that engine. Judging by that really white spark plug itmustve leaned out.
Isn't some oil normal there? Which is hwy people get catch cans/filters to collect it?

And what really white spark plug? Which picture? The only white I see is the center part, which is white from the factory.

Also. It could be the camera angle but those gaps look WAY too big imo.
Yeah, I think they look big too. I'll check them next time.

Blueline

Established Member
I think thats coolant the more I look at the pics. I would drain the oil and put fresh oil in it. Your intercooler fluid may have leaked into the intake. Drain it all, fill with fresh oil and new plugs. Dont fill the IC tank and see if she starts. If she starts you can drive to your house to take it apart.

I personally would get a trailer and either push it on the trailer and tow it home or shop, or get a tow truck to pick her up. You could hydro lock the engine depending on how much coolant has leaked through.

JMD0346

Established Member
Well you have one dark plug and the rest are white. they all look wet though. Are they new plugs?

The coolant could be coming from a blown head gasket. It could have leaked into the cylinder with the darker plug and fouled out the plug. All that unburnt fuel and coolant has to go somewhere so some goes out the exhaust and some back through the intake. Now Im not saying that what it is but just giving a scenario of what things to check for.

Id check the oil asap.

urmaker45

Established Member
Man I have a oil seperator and still have some oil on the tb and intake tube not that much but I agree looks a lil milky tho.....see if you can do a compression test if someone has a tester near you some of the mechanic gurou here can tell you how and which spark plug to take out and turn it over to check and make sure you haven't blown her not looking good tho

vipergts281

Established Member
I think thats coolant the more I look at the pics. I would drain the oil and put fresh oil in it. Your intercooler fluid may have leaked into the intake. Drain it all, fill with fresh oil and new plugs. Dont fill the IC tank and see if she starts. If she starts you can drive to your house to take it apart.

I personally would get a trailer and either push it on the trailer and tow it home or shop, or get a tow truck to pick her up. You could hydro lock the engine depending on how much coolant has leaked through.
Yeah, I may have it towed tomorrow. Frustrating having it 30 minutes away.

Well you have one dark plug and the rest are white. they all look wet though. Are they new plugs?
Old plugs

vipergts281

Established Member
Stop! you need to drain your oil that looks like coolant to me. And your doing more damage by trying to start it. Oil and water will separate when they sit.
Good point about the oil and water.

definetly looks like coolant is in that oil..

not looking good tho

So no more trying to start it and drain the oil, put new oil in, change plugs.

If there is coolant in the engine, wouldn't I have seen it when I checked the dipstick? Oil level was right in the middle. Wasn't milky. Although if there is water in there, I guess I wouldn't see it on the dipstick since it separates from oil.

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Man stop playing around and get it towed home. Once you get it home do a compression test, post results then start taking crap apart. Pretty much right now your at a minimum needin to replace plugs, oil change, replace leaking h/e, bleed I/c. I would be pulling the blower as well if it was me. The compression test will tell you how much you need to dig into it ;)

If you keep playing with it away from home your going to be anxious to get it started and possibly mess up more stuff...... Patience.......

vipergts281

Established Member
Man stop playing around and get it towed home. Once you get it home do a compression test, post results then start taking crap apart. Pretty much right now your at a minimum needin to replace plugs, oil change, replace leaking h/e, bleed I/c. I would be pulling the blower as well if it was me. The compression test will tell you how much you need to dig into it ;)

If you keep playing with it away from home your going to be anxious to get it started and possibly mess up more stuff...... Patience.......
You're 100% right. No real reason to keep it up there anymore.

I'll get it towed.

So how long have you had those plugs in there? I tend to shy away from trying to read a plug unless its pulled after a run. But sometimes you can see obvious things like discoloration due to fuel cleaners. I'm sure hoping that you don't have a mixture of coolant and oil. If the oil in the intake is a representative sample of what's in your motor right now, then when you pulled that dipstick it wouldn't have set off any alrams to you. What oil do you use? And I'm not trying to be a wiseguy but do you take care of this car? Regular maintenance? I sure hope if coolant has seeped into the motor that it hasn't been long. Because coolant is real nasty on bearings.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
just put some fresh plugs in...change the oil....and see if she starts up. it could be as simple as that. keeping my fingers crossed for you, that it doesnt take much more than that to get her fixed. hopefully somehow you just flooded it real bad.

vipergts281

Established Member
I'm about to change the oil and plugs. If it doesn't start after that I'm having it towed.

Even if it does start, still need to find out why coolant got in there but should it at least be safe to drive home?

Blueline

Established Member
Once you change the oil and plugs, you still may have the coolant issue. The reason I say that is I think your intercooler or I/C manifold O rings are leaking and your intake is sucking up coolant. If theres coolant laying in the intake and you start it, you can cause sever damage to your motor. I would tow it home, drain all the fluids. Then I would pressurize the I/C system and listen for air escaping. If you hear air in the intake area pull the blower and intake. This may be your issue and the reason for all of your problems. Dont try to run it until you are sure theres no coolant in there.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
ive watched a couple of the vids...and i personally dont know that there is coolant in your oil. i think it may just be the lighting in those pics...in the vid were you are showing the oil in the TB, the oil looks pretty dark, and not golden milky lookin like in one of the pics.

im hoping for you, at least, that you dont have coolant in your oil. i dont see how all of this even happend in the first place. you were driving along...and everything was fine with how the car was running, but you needed to put some air in the tires, so you stopped to do so. then while the car is sitting there idling...everything goes to shit. just seems weird. hopefully its nothing TOO major, and ends up being a simple fix!

edit: oh yeah....i did want to add tho...yes a little "blow-by" is normal w/these cars (oil in the intake)...BUT...the amount that was in yours, i dont think was normal. there seem to be A LOT...almost flowing out of the TB in that vid.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
ive had that amount of oil before ,,,good and bad...canT see engine in videos ,

do you have the air inlet tube connected,and maf and airfilter cleaned..

mine WILL NOT START WITH TUBE OFF,,,

vipergts281

Established Member
I never did anything to the car. Bought new oil and plugs to change them, but decided not to. I forgot to check the schrader valve on the fuel rail when I was at the car today. Maybe it's not getting fuel?

Anyway, having a guy look at it on Friday. He's a friend of a friend. Was just told about him earlier today and he just so happened to be 4 miles from my car. He owns an auto store (think PepBoys type store) and has his own shop.

I went and talked to him for a good 25 minutes or so. Showed him the videos. He didn't seem to be concerned about any compression loss. He said it could be a number of things.

He was very surprised at the oil coming out of the throttle body. I told him it's normal to have some there. But it does seem to have a lot in there.

Last edited:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
is the car at your place now? just for shits and giggles did you try to start it today? in your last vid, after the first 20 seconds where you have the pedal to the floor to cut off the fuel, it sounded like it was close to starting.

Users who are viewing this thread