New Nitto NT05R Drag Radials

johnkn

Established Member
The significance is that there will ...finally.... be a drag radial in the Gen3/4 Viper size, 345-30-19. There are none currently available. Should make a considerable difference over what's out there now, especially on all the blown Vipers.

blackonblacksls

Established Member
from what i caught at the nmra event, and the nitto tire truck and trailer, this is a drag radial to be on a similar level with the mt, and bfg ones... The 555r is still supposed to be more of a street tire...

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
Im going with the Toyo first, considering I have used the BFG G-Force 315-30-18 for three sets already its a big step that I am nervous about making, but the BFGs just dont last. They hook in the ****ing snow, but dont last more then two seasons. Hopefully the toyos do the trick, and I like that they come in a 35 series to match my 35 series front T1Rs.

JTR
BFG's hook in the snow?
I wonder if these will come in real widths more comprable to BFG and MT, as common consensus is that nitto's run narrow, at least my 555r's do
look at the width chart.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Im going with the Toyo first, considering I have used the BFG G-Force 315-30-18 for three sets already its a big step that I am nervous about making, but the BFGs just dont last. They hook in the ****ing snow, but dont last more then two seasons. Hopefully the toyos do the trick, and I like that they come in a 35 series to match my 35 series front T1Rs.

JTR

What Toyos? I didn't know they made a drag radial. If you're referring to the R88, well, there's a reason the entire American Iron/CMC group only used those for a year, they suck.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
What Toyos? I didn't know they made a drag radial. If you're referring to the R88, well, there's a reason the entire American Iron/CMC group only used those for a year, they suck.

the R888 isnt a drag radial. but Toyo does now have the new TQ drag radial line.

besides the 17s, i dont see any sizes here that will work for a cobra/gt500 :shrug:

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
i have 555r's and i hate them so i dont think i will be buying ny nittos ever.. they kinda hook in first and brake loose compleatly in 2nd and the beging of 3rd.

btw off spray

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Still not in a size I can use on my G8's stock 19's. Looks like I have to go with the regular NT05's. Why do tire companies hate 19" wheels?

Jefe

Established Member
Picked up a Nitto brochure at SEMA:

UTQC Treadwear: 00
Traction: B
Temperature: B

Ya DR's dont really have a tread rating. Ther NT05 is a 200 so I can only assume most people will get the same mileage out of these as you would with the 555r's
Still not in a size I can use on my G8's stock 19's. Looks like I have to go with the regular NT05's. Why do tire companies hate 19" wheels?

Its a very odd size rim. Didnt know G8's came stock with those

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Yeah, the G8 GT with the performance suspension comes with 19's. The tires are only 245's though, so it's hard to find good tires for them. I'll probably end up going with the regular NT05's. Being an auto they should hook pretty good. I'll probably end up going MT 265's on an 18" wheel down the road if I ever get real power.

Brad00L

Established Member
The 19" tire size is made toward the Z06 and Viper crowd. I hope these hook.

Brad

2007 Z06

11.0 @ 128 1.80 60ft CAI and tune

01whiteL

Established Member
+1, 305/45/18? :dw: They also should have released a narrower 19inch drag radial to appeal to the newer Mustang GT and GT500 market.

lol....

305/45/18 is what lightning and many other truck guys run in the 555r's and m/t's.

It's a tire company I'm sure they will release more sizes guys.... will be nice to have a new tire to try out on the truck thats for sure. Since lightning guys who run 18's only have 2 tires (dr's) to choose from compared to 5+ for the cobra guys.

Last edited:

2003GTIZZLE

**** YO COUCH NIKKA!
Established Member
BFG's hook in the snow?

look at the width chart.

Called sarcasm. Car went 1.7s with the BFG G-Force with no issues on the street. They ****ing hook period, shelf life not so good.

No I was referring to the TQ which will work great in the 315-35-18 because its 26.6" tall unlike my current tires which are 25.8" and thats when they are new.

JTR

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
These look pretty great, but with that particular tread pattern (huge flat patch in middle), I would stay the HELL away from running these on the street due to the possibility of being caught in the rain. The Nitto 555dr's were pretty good in the rain for me, and the Toyo's (what I'm running now), are just OK. The Toyo TQ's hook well on dry pavement. I'm not saying that we should buy drag radials soley based on tracion ability in the rain, but you know what I mean. Anyone that has run drag radials for a long period of time, has had their share of "Oh S%$T" times in the rain...!

Users who are viewing this thread