New Nitto NT05R Drag Radials

2003GTIZZLE

**** YO COUCH NIKKA!
Established Member
These look pretty great, but with that particular tread pattern (huge flat patch in middle), I would stay the HELL away from running these on the street due to the possibility of being caught in the rain. The Nitto 555dr's were pretty good in the rain for me, and the Toyo's (what I'm running now), are just OK. The Toyo TQ's hook well on dry pavement. I'm not saying that we should buy drag radials soley based on tracion ability in the rain, but you know what I mean. Anyone that has run drag radials for a long period of time, has had their share of "Oh S%$T" times in the rain...!

How long have you had the Toyos and how are they holding up?

JTR

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
How long have you had the Toyos and how are they holding up?

JTR

I've had them now for about three months, and maybe 1,000 miles. So far, so good. It's hard to tell how long they will last, but they are awesome tires for cheap ($164 each for 315-35-17's). They are also one full inch wider than the NItto's, that run smaller. The tread compound is very soft like the Nitto DR's. Here is a quick pic:

33532000026_large.jpg

2003GTIZZLE

**** YO COUCH NIKKA!
Established Member
care to explain?

In your reference to me posting that BFGs hook in the snow, followed by my post of indicating that I was being sarcastic, I am assuming that your post about sumi's 60fting 1.7s is also as ridiculous as my DRs hooking in winter.

Hence the pot calling the kettle black, therefore explaining the post.

However if you got sumi's to go 1.7s at the track I would love to see it as I think you may be the first I have ever heard of in my life.

Your Pal,

JTR:burnout:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
im willing to give them a shot. my 555r's just hit the wear bars, so hopefully these will be out when i need to replace them

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
In your reference to me posting that BFGs hook in the snow, followed by my post of indicating that I was being sarcastic, I am assuming that your post about sumi's 60fting 1.7s is also as ridiculous as my DRs hooking in winter.

Hence the pot calling the kettle black, therefore explaining the post.

However if you got sumi's to go 1.7s at the track I would love to see it as I think you may be the first I have ever heard of in my life.

Your Pal,

JTR:burnout:
ahh, that would make sense, but i actually cut a 1.7 60ft. on 275 sumitomos.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
The significance is that there will ...finally.... be a drag radial in the Gen3/4 Viper size, 345-30-19. There are none currently available. Should make a considerable difference over what's out there now, especially on all the blown Vipers.

I put 3.55's in my '08 Coupe and the PS2's have no chance of hooking in 1st now. I'm anxious to hear how these work out.:beer:

95riosnake

Established Member
I hope they'll be adding more sizes to the list, otherwise I guess I need to order my 305/35/18's before I get stuck with 305/45/18's, ugh.

Other than that they look like they'll be good tires

Mike_Galimi

Established Member
The guys at Nitto said they were going to start offering more sizes and wanted to get some tires out there right away. The pattern is modeled after the NT05 but I would say the compound is way different than anything else they have in the catalog. MM&FF magazine got an early set before SEMA so keep your eyes out for a test on them.

Users who are viewing this thread